Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Trey whether you like it or not Simon and Jessica are part of the GL franchise. Removing them from that status is asking them to be put in limbo for god knows how long. People have offered solutions where all 6 can exist while still being Green Lanterns, yet you rejected them all.

Why don't you admit that this is more of your hate for Simon and Jessica and less about the state of the Green Lanterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I think there's going to be a Justice League and a Justice Society. Period. They might try a JLI, but three Justice books won't sell. They just failed at selling two.
    The Books would sell if they were GOOD. JL under Hitch SUCKED, Priest's run is having to repair that train wreck. JLA isnt good either. With Good and Major Writers (Snyder, Williamson, Tynion, Bendis) LINE of JL titles could sell.

Oh and JSA and JL being the only 2.... Thats funny... I nearly choked laughing at that, JSA wont be back til 2019, they're tied to Doomsday Clock- Not this JL Line Relaunch.

It'll be JL, JLA and Bendis reviving JLI, plus Titans, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad and Young Justice as Team Books by the end of the year
    Last edited by Denirac; 02-06-2018 at 12:39 PM.

I don't really see Simon and Jess going anywhere, given that they're part of Geoff Johns' creations. Even if writers aren't really interested in those two, Geoff Johns would create another pitch for those two characters to be more prominent than other GLs.

BANNED

Do I think they're poor characters? Yes I do! That's not an "admission." It's a declaration. But people are entitled to like them, and that's OK.

The sales say that despite the loudness of a few folks on the message boards, the market doesn't like them. Can you ADMIT that?

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't be surprised if further down the line they pull Simon into the Sinestro Corps at least temporarily. They've already teased that possibility twice.

1) That he received his ring in the first place because Sinestro and Hal had conflicting search criteria and Simon was a middle ground.

2) That Future Kids arc explicitly mentions he killed Sinestro and took over the Sinestro Corps (though whether it was Sinestro or his daughter Soranik "Sinestro" was open to debate).

It'd make for a fun connection. Simon the Yellow Lantern to Jessica the Green.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I don't really see Simon and Jess going anywhere, given that they're part of Geoff Johns' creations. Even if writers aren't really interested in those two, Geoff Johns would create another pitch for those two characters to be more prominent than other GLs.
    Well yeah. As I said way back in this thread, Johns will be the last one to tap out about this. But bad sales are a very effective arm twister. Sooner or later, everyone has to tap out to them.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    So you don't have a problem with Hal getting another solo series, plus League membership while all 5 Earth Lanterns and the aliens get stuck in one book?
    I don't clamor for Hal to get his League membership back or have a solo book, I question your critique of some character getting preferential treatment, when you clearly don't mind when others do. Did you ever complain for the past year and a half that it was unfair towards any of the other Lanterns to push Baz and Cruz to the moon at their expense?

Astonishing Member

Well yeah. As I said way back in this thread, Johns will be the last one to tap out about this. But bad sales are a very effective arm twister. Sooner or later, everyone has to tap out to them.
    What bad sales? Both and the GLC and Green Lanterns have sold almost within 2000 units of one another give or take for almost all of 2017 just looking at it.

With the only major exception being the issue that I'm fairly certain was the Metal Tie-in against Dawnbreaker with Hal and the GLC.

So if anything the comic that has Hal, Guy, John and Kyle in it as main character doing BARELY any better than the one with only TWO NEW Green Lanterns in it would put it in a worrisome fashion, especially given it's the closest to a flagship book of the two.

I've been thinking it might time for a third Lantern title that comes out once a month for a bit now. Guy's my favorite so if I had a say, it would be him that gets it. Kyle would also be nice, especially if it brought up Omega Men (I'm annoyed that Venditti dropped everything from that book). The fix could be as simple as just moving either Guy, Kyle, or John to Green Lanterns while either Simon or Jessica move to Hal & Pals. Keep everything in a near constant rotation so nothing ever gets stale.

Also, for god's sake, kick EVS off of Hal & Pals already! It's embarrassing to see Rafa Sandoval draw some of the best Green Lantern art ever one week and then the next have to put up with EVS's shit that doesn't even pass for art.

Do I think they're poor characters? Yes I do! That's not an "admission." It's a declaration. But people are entitled to like them, and that's OK.

The sales say that despite the loudness of a few folks on the message boards, the market doesn't like them. Can you ADMIT that?
    Well then I guess you can also claim that the market doesn't like Aquaman, Green Arrow, Batgirl, Birds of Prey, Suicide Squad, Titans, and any property outside of the Trinity, Flash and JL. Should all those characters get new roles as well? Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I don't clamor for Hal to get his League membership back or have a solo book, I question your critique of some character getting preferential treatment, when you clearly don't mind when others do. Did you ever complain for the past year and a half that it was unfair towards any of the other Lanterns to push Baz and Cruz to the moon at their expense?
    Well then I guess that's where personal preference comes in. I'm not the biggest Hal fan whereas I like Jessica...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Actually here's a radical idea for solving the Baz and Jess problem. Turn Jess back to Power Ring and give Baz the Krona Gauntlet

I don't think DC is going to do anything different with the Green Lantern books, and I don't think they should do anything different.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I've been thinking it might time for a third Lantern title that comes out once a month for a bit now. Guy's my favorite so if I had a say, it would be him that gets it. Kyle would also be nice, especially if it brought up Omega Men (I'm annoyed that Venditti dropped everything from that book). The fix could be as simple as just moving either Guy, Kyle, or John to Green Lanterns while either Simon or Jessica move to Hal & Pals. Keep everything in a near constant rotation so nothing ever gets stale.

Also, for god's sake, kick EVS off of Hal & Pals already! It's embarrassing to see Rafa Sandoval draw some of the best Green Lantern art ever one week and then the next have to put up with EVS's shit that doesn't even pass for art.
    Yeah, I'd love a third title. I remember seeing what was it? Green Lantern, Green Lantern and the New Guardians and Red Lanterns all out at the same time? Now that was a fun era.

EVS' art's OK. Like, just "OK". It's the package of coming with EVS himself that makes it bothersome. Sandoval's is aces though. I've loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Actually here's a radical idea for solving the Baz and Jess problem. Turn Jess back to Power Ring and give Baz the Krona Gauntlet
    And watch them fade into obscurity. DC's track record with keeping new characters not associated with a Silver Age mantle relevant is poor.

Turning Kyle into Ion/White Lantern or Guy into Warrior/Red Lantern didn't work. Doubt it'll work for Jessica and Simon either.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

The market, and not any discussion on a message board, will decide about Simon and Jessica.