Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Default Buu/18/Piccolo vs Trio de Dangers

A different match up for the wolfdogcoyote brothers, and last of my lingering Dragonball thoughts

Fight 1:Team battle

Fight 2: One on One

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

In a Khazan situation, without the possibility of a ToP ringout, I sincerely doubt they have the ability to put Buu down.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

I kinda wonder how our heroes would do individually against the poison breath/touch. Buu has all sorts of magical biological functions, 18's a cyborg, and Piccolo has excellent regen.

18 is somewhere around Base Goku's level who could hang with the three of them but was losing. SSJ Gohan beat the middle sibling, and Piccolo beat SSJ2 Gohan prior to entering the tournament. Buu beat Basil even with his fruit. The only danger is Bergamo absorbing too much power, and even then his speed doesn't seem to go up to match his increased his size.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Poison doesn't work on Buu, and he can heal and restore stamina

I just realized, with Khazan rules rather than ToP rules, there really is nothing to stop Buu from turning them into chocolate with one good blast.

They basically just have to hope Buu's beam works on Bergamo and that he can't absorb its power.

If it works, they win fine.

If it doesn't work, they don't really have a way to deal with him.

He may well absorb the impact and still change. Bergamo didn't appear to be immune to damage from the attacks he took. Goku was still pretty clearly hurting him when they fought, and his absorption was in no way shown to be limitless. In the second fight, Goku smacked him around a few times with blasts and no appreciable benefit to Bergamo, so it doesn't seem to be a completely passive ability either. We also don't really know how much it can take between "Goku deliberately holding back" and "Goku firing an all out SSB KaioKen kamehameha," so I'd say he's lacking the feats to really define his absorption as being all that unbeatable.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 02-06-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Not to mention that there's really nothing stopping Buu from absorbing anyone that he can grapple with, or absorbing his own allies for a power up (they know how to free people he absorbs, so it wouldn't even be especially against their morals), or teleporting at least one of his opponents into the afterlife and taking a ring out for himself.

He can also throw chunks of himself to turn opponents into punching bags, really it's a damn shame Japan doesn't care for Buu because he'd have been fun as hell to see in the ToP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    He can also throw chunks of himself to turn opponents into punching bags, really it's a damn shame Japan doesn't care for Buu because he'd have been fun as hell to see in the ToP.
    I don't know if it's Japan or if it's Toriyama himself. Japan seems to have a decent chunk of Buu merch compared to some of the other (and older) characters. For that matter, Yamcha keeps landing in like the top 10 or 15 Dragon Ball fan polls in Japanese media (and then there was that one poll where fans stuffed the ballots with Yamcha as the #1 character to appear in an arcade. It was cute, but kinda cheating.), but he keeps getting left out of major battles in Super despite faring better than several U7 fighters on the current team, like Tien and 17. Though, of course, it's up to Toriyama and which characters he prefers to write (for that matter, Buu was even higher, outranking 18 and Roshi).
    Last edited by Cyke; 02-06-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    He may well absorb the impact and still change. Bergamo didn't appear to be immune to damage from the attacks he took. Goku was still pretty clearly hurting him when they fought, and his absorption was in no way shown to be limitless. In the second fight, Goku smacked him around a few times with blasts and no appreciable benefit to Bergamo, so it doesn't seem to be a completely passive ability either. We also don't really know how much it can take between "Goku deliberately holding back" and "Goku firing an all out SSB KaioKen kamehameha," so I'd say he's lacking the feats to really define his absorption as being all that unbeatable.
    His absorption doesn't need to be unbeatable; it took SSB Goku to beat it, and no one here is anywhere near that. For whatever reason he wasn't using it in the ToP.

The issue is that he's described as absorbing power, not strength, so there's a chance that absorbing the candy beam would let him unmake it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    or teleporting at least one of his opponents into the afterlife and taking a ring out for himself.
    Lots of problem with that.

1) Fat Buu never showed instant transmission, especially to the level of using it on someone else mid-fight.
    2) You need to sense energy to go somewhere out of sight with instant transmission, and Khazan is in another universe entirely. (Whilst the afterlife is a different realm in DB, it's the same universe.)
    Last edited by Siriel; 02-07-2018 at 01:08 AM.

Goku may have used Kaio Ken Blue to overwhelm his absorption but he did NOT need it to beat him outright given he was handling him just fine as a normal SSJ, deliberately feeding him energy just to see how far he could go while avoiding every attack he threw at him with ease. Hell he had just knocked him to his knees and was taunting him immediately prior to transforming.

His absorption doesn't need to be unbeatable; it took SSB Goku to beat it, and no one here is anywhere near that. For whatever reason he wasn't using it in the ToP.
    Mentioned this in my own post. Goku went from purposely holding back to going all out. We saw nothing between, and so Bergamo is lacking any feats to handle anything more than a Goku who is deliberately trying to power him up.

Like I can't overstate that the only reason Bergamo's **** worked in the first place is because Goku wanted to make Bergamo into a credible opponent for himself. And even with that, we saw that Bergamo was still being hurt by Goku's attacks. So we know that he's still affected by the things that hit him, he hasn't got the feats to have a high threshold for absorption. Really, they probably don't even need the candy beam, though there's no reason it shouldn't work. Buu can most likely just pound the stuffing out of him, especially since his ability to defend himself actually goes down as he gets bigger, as demonstrated by Goku.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 02-07-2018 at 07:16 AM.

Issue is, we're apparently using current MISTER Buu who hasn't shown:

a) Candy Beam
    b) absorbing anyone