Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Issue is, we're apparently using current MISTER Buu who hasn't shown:

a) Candy Beam
    b) absorbing anyone
    I mean every single version of Buu has had both, and we know he still has his magic, as it's been commented on repeatedly and used at least once (albeit in the future when he sets Goku up to fight Uub), so I don't think it's much of a leap to suggest he can still do either. However, if it's really that much in contention like, again, Bergamo's absorption feats are actually kind of terrible and there's no reason Buu can't just beat him up. Like the Trio were never a legitimate threat to anybody; they were jobbers with one decent trick amongst them, and they went down pretty much as soon as anybody put in any effort to taking them down. Pretty sure the joke of them all being wolves is that they are the tournament's Yamchas.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 02-07-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I mean every single version of Buu has had both, and we know he still has his magic, as it's been commented on repeatedly and used at least once (albeit in the future when he sets Goku up to fight Uub), so I don't think it's much of a leap to suggest he can still do either. However, if it's really that much in contention like, again, Bergamo's absorption feats are actually kind of terrible and there's no reason Buu can't just beat him up. Like the Trio were never a legitimate threat to anybody; they were jobbers with one decent trick amongst them, and they went down pretty much as soon as anybody put in any effort to taking them down. Pretty sure the joke of them all being wolves is that they are the tournament's Yamchas.
    Mr Buu never showed them. He didn't use either against Kid Buu, Beerus, or in the pre-tournament.

It's always a big question with Mr Buu. I'm not sure if he has them or not since that entity has never showed either.

Buu having magic isn't really an issue because he's mostly Dai Kaioshin, and Kaioshins have shown similar magic abilities to what Mr Buu has. Basically, Buu comes off as a putty kaioshin ever since he split from the original entity. Its just a question that always has to be raised.

Probably doesn't mean anything and is non canon as Hell but Buu does have a cut scene in FighterZ's story mode where he tells Gotenks he promised Mr. Satan he'd never use the candy beam on people... and well his super is turning his opponent into a cookie

anyway I've always assumed he at least has the same power set before expelling his evil side if perhaps not the same raw power

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Mr Buu never showed them. He didn't use either against Kid Buu, Beerus, or in the pre-tournament.

It's always a big question with Mr Buu. I'm not sure if he has them or not since that entity has never showed either.

Buu having magic isn't really an issue because he's mostly Dai Kaioshin, and Kaioshins have shown similar magic abilities to what Mr Buu has. Basically, Buu comes off as a putty kaioshin ever since he split from the original entity. Its just a question that always has to be raised.
    Don't know if it's exclusive to the anime or not, but Mister Buu did try to use Candy Beam on Kid Buu, but it missed and hit some debris instead (with Kid Buu munching on it).
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

well what do ya know

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    well what do ya know
    And that settles this particular argument.

(Not to mention in Dragon Ball Online, all of Buu's Majin descendants can transform into Kid Buu forms once they've attained a high enough power level, on top of the fact that Vegeta believed that Buu could create another Super Buu/Kid Buu if he ever became enraged again. So it's clear that Buu isn't just an amorphous Dai kaioshin).

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I thought I remembered that being a thing. Thank you, Hiromi.

well what do ya know
    Ah cool; I completely didn't remember that happening at all in their fight. That answers that, then.

I literally read it a week ago, and *I* forgot that it happened.

which is funny because the next page has Kid Buu blasting Buu in his ass so hard he rips his head off, kinda memorable

Mr Buu used his candy beam vs kid buu and vs grey buu. The candy beam isnt as OP as some people think. It can be easily redirected or dodged. Plus if your BP is big enough u can still kick Buu's ass as a candy, lol.

But considering the trio are around Buu's level and they got Piccolo on the team. Id say the Trios are screwed.

The candy beam isnt as OP as some people think.
    Transmutation absolutely is OP.

Plus if your BP is big enough u can still kick Buu's ass as a candy, lol.
    Vegeto is the only one to ever pull that trick off, and we don't really know why he retained consciousness when no one else did, but it's at least halfway likely that it had more to do with him being a fusion than with him being powerful. Vegeto could do a lot of things no one else could, and he was stated to be exceptional even as a fusion.

Also, that wasn't really Mr. Buu that fought Evil Buu. It was an homage to Superman 3, obviously, where Buu expelled most of the evil out of him, but since evil is most of his power, his evil side took over as opposed to completely separating the dai kaioshin from the original form of Buu.

I’d hope Toriyama has better taste in what he homages than Superman 3, in any case it isn’t the first time he pulled this particular trope, see King Piccolo and Kami

I’d hope Toriyama has better taste in what he homages than Superman 3, in any case it isn’t the first time he pulled this particular trope, see King Piccolo and Kami
    Piccolo even mentioned that Good Buu's fission from Evil Buu was the same technique that was used to separate himself from Kami, so yeah.