Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Default Superman #40 Preview

"Last Days" begins from writer James Robinson and the exceptional Doug Mahnke.

Really looking forward to this. I quite dig Robinson and the fact that time and again, he's game for Superman. I wonder if the last days banner is going to be there until #45.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Looking forward to this era of directionless stories being over. Can't say I care for story, also the last days banner is for the story arc, not because the run is ending.

What is the criteria for "direction" in that case? We only have a few pages so far but it already ties into what's been going on in Action.

Astonishing Member

It's nice to see Robinson writing a pretty good Superman again, even though I'm like "the eff is happening with this title?" and he's definitely writing a lot of the "Big Changes are about to happen, we gave this title to a new writer so our other writer is like, eh okay done, gonna get cracking on my next thing and get some lead time". But I've read a lot of Robinson Superman and it ain't bad, even though he always seems to get stints on the book in the middle of big editorial crossover status quo whammies.

Mahnke on art for consistency is a good thing. I still get those Final Crisis vibes.

The story concept I really like a lot though. It feels kind of like, grimly but in a very Superman way, the way like, Catholics will actually you know ... watch The Passion of the Christ, even though it's horrific, to remind themselves of their beliefs. Or how people will visit the holocaust memorials or the walls or war memorials to actually feel the scope of the horror and hopefully reflect on it and act responsibly in life. Feels like something Clark would do and want to raise Jon to do, too.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    What is the criteria for "direction" in that case? We only have a few pages so far but it already ties into what's been going on in Action.
    True, it does tie into action. I guess that's not the right word to say, I guess a better word is just..empty? Just in my opinion, the past few issues felt adrift, hopefully this will be a good 2 part story and turns the tides around as the run wraps up.

Is Krypton dying on a Thursday canon or is this the first time it's come up?

So Krypton died on Thor's Day?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    So Krypton died on Thor's Day?
    Krypton died on Rusev Day