View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 1 of 104 123451151101 ... LastLast

Question Richard Grayson's Soulmate

Several recent threads have made me think. Who do you my fellow posters think should be Nightwing's long-term definitive love interest?

I personally like him with Starfire best, based more on the animated movies and classic Teen Titans series than anything else.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-06-2018 at 10:08 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Anyone but Barbara. Thank Bruce Timm for making the choice much easier.

I went with Barbara.

There's not been enough contemporary stories featuring Dick and Kori for me to get a feel on their relationship. For that reason, I don't see them as soulmates. That being said, it is for that reason that I would like to see more of Dick and Kori together. For a relationship that is seemingly so popular, I think it is relatively undefined. Especially in comparison to his relationship with Barbara Gordon.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Adventure!

I do not understand the rationale behind DickFire whatsoever.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

AAhhh-ha! You said DickFire (done in that bully kid on Simpson's voice)!

But seriously if it were to be Mr. Grayson in his Nightwing persona, than there is only one ~Soul-mate~

(who for some reason has not met him at all since the nu52 started!)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    AAhhh-ha! You said DickFire (done in that bully kid on Simpson's voice)!

But seriously if it were to be Mr. Grayson in his Nightwing persona, than there is only one ~Soul-mate~

(who for some reason has not met him at all since the nu52 started!)
    Um. They had an adventure in the n52/DC You series Starfire. It was cute, but both of them had clearly moved on.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

Neither? Not every comic character needs a soulmate. And even if they did, Dick should be at the very back of the list of who needs one.

Depends on the writer .

Although I think Dick is definitively Stafire's soulmate, even if she's not necessarily his.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    I went with Barbara.

There's not been enough contemporary stories featuring Dick and Kori for me to get a feel on their relationship. For that reason, I don't see them as soulmates. That being said, it is for that reason that I would like to see more of Dick and Kori together. For a relationship that is seemingly so popular, I think it is relatively undefined. Especially in comparison to his relationship with Barbara Gordon.
    I just find it kind of funny that the comics continue to revolve around DickxBabs while DickxKori seems to get a lot more mileage in outside media.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Um. They had an adventure in the n52/DC You series Starfire. It was cute, but both of them had clearly moved on.
    Given the avatar, i don't think they are talking about Starfire.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Given the avatar, i don't think they are talking about Starfire.
    Oh, duh. I don't know what I was thinking.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'd rather he date other established heroes more in new relationships, but I went with Barbara. Always felt she has more utility than Starfire because there is more you can do with her character. Plus Dick tends to not come off as great when he is with Starfire from my experience. Also Titans franchise is a mess.

I don't think him and Barbara as Bargirl have ever dated or been together. It was only when she was Oracle. So that is something they haven't even explored in comics with the two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'd rather he date other established heroes more in new relationships, but I went with Barbara. Always felt she has more utility than Starfire because there is more you can do with her character. Plus Dick tends to not come off as great when he is with Starfire from my experience. Also Titans franchise is a mess.

I don't think him and Barbara as Bargirl have ever dated or been together. It was only when she was Oracle. So that is something they haven't even explored in comics with the two of them.
    I love him and Barbara together, so I voted for her too, but I'd love to see him date some other heroes. The preview for Green Lanterns #40 had Jessica state that "Nightwing's always making the other lady superheroes sweat" and, while it is a joke, I think it would be fun to see.

I had not heard. Was it 3 panels or less? Was she Hawkfire or Flamebird. Collected anywhere?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Definitely Barbara. They had a great pre-FP...connection.

He can date around or what not, that's fine, but his Selina is Barbara.

And it wasn't just a Post-Crisis Oracle thing purely....you had Pre-COIE Batman Family, which had some romanic/etc tension with Dick & Babs.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-06-2018 at 02:39 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”