View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 62 of 104 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Hard pass, thanks. Trinity should remain in their own mythos for such relationships.
    I liked it though. It was different but hey not everyone likes everything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Well, Kory couldn’t even remember his name.
    Now he won't be able to remember HER name!!!!! Back to the recycle bin . . . .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Well, Kory couldn’t even remember his name.

shrugs

that's in the New52 which wiped much continuity from Pre-Flashpoint

Pre-Flashpoint Kory (especially during the Wolfman run) was not like Pre-New52 Kori in that way
    Last edited by Starrius; 09-23-2018 at 05:04 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Excellent post, agreed. It's sad, I think it was in that recent Annual, that Dick was thinking how all his relationships were shallow and superficial, except with Barbara--and didn't even give a mental shout-out to Kory.
    Yeah...That's ridiculous and it strongly contradicts what was going on between Dick and Kory in the comics from 1980 to 1994.
    It's really an insult to not just Dick/Kory, Dick/Kory fans, but also Titan fans, and the creators Marv Wolfman and George Perez.

Stuff like that is why I now strongly dislike Dick/Barbara
    Batman office is crapping on Dick/Kory's relationship history to elevate Dick/Barbara

There are plenty of comic scenes in the New Teen Titans (Volumes 1 and 2), Tales of the Teen Titans, and the New Titans that show his relationship with Kory was based on love and caring and was deep and meaningful

a poster on here claimed that Dick/Kory is impulsive love, and that is so further from the truth.
    I am working on a long rebuttal to counter his claim. I am looking through comic pages right now to prepare for my rebuttal.

I inserted a lot of comic scenes in my Dick and Kory thread that confirm that
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teen-...rfire-1975639/
    Last edited by Starrius; 09-23-2018 at 06:12 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I'm just ready for someone new, let dick grow past his Robin and NTT days for once.
    I guess the

ready for someone new,let dick grown past his Robin days would include
    also his time with Barbara and not just Kory

any ways....
    to each,his/her own
    all of us have our own preferences
    Last edited by Starrius; 09-23-2018 at 05:42 AM.

Mighty Member

shrugs

nor Barbara's name for that matter

Extraordinary Member

Well, it's nice to see that he's thought about Kory lately.
    finally read that issue
    the idea that this late in his carrere nightwing would be intimdate or jealous of his superpowered friends is laughble, that he hated MM for being an alien ridiculous
    he jsut did not like the monitering of the JL and if thinking about kory its becasue another redheaded girl out of this world is in his life. So really jsut abnett treating dick like crap also

and finally i got my hands onbatgirl 25 and danm

No wonder people heated when i post that dick star ending sceane, becasue over 10 year later no re ignition of their romance has ever come to be
    yet Dick and Babs their forever drawn to each other

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    finally read that issue
    the idea that this late in his carrere nightwing would be intimdate or jealous of his superpowered friends is laughble, that he hated MM for being an alien ridiculous
    he jsut did not like the monitering of the JL and if thinking about kory its becasue another redheaded girl out of this world is in his life. So really jsut abnett treating dick like crap also

and finally i got my hands onbatgirl 25 and danm

No wonder people heated when i post that dick star ending sceane, becasue over 10 year later no re ignition of their romance has ever come to be
    yet Dick and Babs their forever drawn to each other

That's because the Batman office has been pushing Barbara as Dick's true love and has been doing everything to diminish the importance that Kory in his life since Batman office took Dick back from the Titans office, and that includes creating retcons

They have elevated Dick/Barbara and have degraded Dick/Kory
    they've been trying to sweep Dick/Kory's relationship under the rug

It's to the point that Bat office had Dick stating that the only woman that he ever loved is Barbara and that strongly contradicts what had been going on between Dick and Kory when they were each other's love interests from 1980 to 1994.

if a pairing is a true love, then retcons to diminish the greatness of another pairing is not needed

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    They did get married in Convergence. Kori gave them her blessing.

I disagree. Impulsive love is not real love. Dick/Babs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dick/Kori

Dick/Kory was not some impulsive love.
    Their relationship was developed slowly and gradually. It took 2 years in real time for them to get together.

The New Teen Titans Issue #2 Published on Dec 1980 -
    Dick is concerned about Starfire relishing violence after seeing her destroying robots with her starbolts and restrains her.
    Robin looking at Flash: Haven't you noticed, Flasher? Starfire seems to relish violence.
    Robin looking at Starfire: If only she could speak our language...if only we could talk to her.
    Starfire senses the tone of Dick's words and kisses Dick who protests at first and then lets her keep on kissing him.
    Starfire smiles at Robin and holding his face: Hi, Robin. You know, you're really cute.
    Flash: Huh? She talks? But--How?
    Starfire: Physical Contact, Kid Flash - I simply absorbed your language
    Robin looking at her: Y-You had to kiss me to do that?
    Starfire: Not really. But it was certainly more enjoyable this way.

At Garfield's mansion swimming pool, Kory and Donna meet Dick and Garfield.
    Dick and Kory are standing closely in front of each other and smiling at each other.
    Dick: You look lovely, Koriand'r.
    Kory: So do you. I think I will like it here on Earth.

The New Teen Titans Issue #16 Published on Februarly 1982
    After Donna talks to Dick about her new boyfriend,
    Dick recalls his confrontation with Kory.
    Dick: Kory, We can't keep seeing each other like this. It's bad for our teamwork.
    Kory: But Dick, I thought you liked me.
    Dick: I do, Kory...Really. But not the way you think.
    Kory in tears: Oh, Dick, I thought I wasn't alone here on this planet. I thought I had someone who loved me.
    Dick walking away, their backs turned from each other: I do...as a friend. That's all, Kory -- as a very good friend!
    Then after recalling his confrontation with Kory to Donna,
    Dick: I knew she'd find someone else -- just didn't expect it would be so soon. And now I'm a little jealous of the guy. What's his name--?
    Victor: Franklin Crandall, Short-Pants...an' you knew it. Mebbe you liked Goldie more'n you let on, eh?

Franklin appeared only in that issue. He was killed by a man that hired him to get Starfire fall in love with him and get information about the Teen Titans. Starfire wanted to avenge his death, but Donna stopped her.
    The Epilogue had Donna coming into Kory's room and covering up a sleeping tearful Kory and kissing her head. Kory has a picture of her and Franklin together on her nightstand.

The New Teen Titans Issue #21 Published on July 1982
    Starfire about to get rid of a bomb
    Starfire thinking: Before we rushed off here, Dick warned me to make certain the bomb was far away from Manhattan....or else...it's shockwave could still wreak havoc.
    Dick's always proven right about these things before...
    It's just matters of a more personal nature that he's usually wrong about.
    Why won't he admit that he loves me? I know he does.
    Though I wonder if I can ever care for him again the way I did before I met Franklin.
    Will I ever be able to care for anything ever.

The New Teen Titans Issue #25 Published on November 1982
    At the Citadel, a hidden Robin and Cyborg sees an unconscious Kory being dragged to the Citadel's leader
    Robin in tears: Vic, Gar -- It's Kory! She looks dead.
    What have they done to her?
    Vic, You said before I plan too much. Well, I'm doing that now.
    I want those killers!

After Robin fights and gets to Starfire and holds her up.
    Robin says: Kory? Can you hear me, Kory?
    Starfire: D...Dick...?
    Th-Then I am dead...? I...saw you die in space...
    Robin: Raven saved us. I'm alive We all are.
    Starfire in relief: Oh, X'hal...X'hal...
    Dick: You'll be alright, Honey....You'll be alright.

The New Teen Titans, Annual #1 published on December 1982
    After her near fatal fight with her sister Blackfire, Raven healing, Starfire reunites with her brother and parents for the first time since she was taken slavery when she was 12 years old. She's told that she cannot stay on Tamaran.
    Starfire's mom: You have to go, Koriand'r, but we will be here. And I know you will return.
    Starfire: Mother, I don't want to go....Please don't make me leave you.
    Starfire in tears and looking at Robin: Tell them, Dick....Tell them!
    Robin: You know, they're right, Kory.
    But you know you're not alone...We're also your family and we love you.
    Kory with her arms around Robin's neck: You won't leave me, too?
    Robin: I won't leave you.
    One of the Omega Men: It is time to depart if the Omega Men are to assure that one day Koriand'r can return. This has been a pleasure one which broot will not soon forget.
    Good luck to you all....
    Cyborg observes Robin and Starfire arms around each other with Starfire's head on Robin's shoulder and Wonder Girl and Starfire's parents and brother next to them and says: But I think Kory understands...it doesn't matter where she is --
    -- as long as she is loved, she's home!

The New Teen Titans issue #26 Published on December 1982
    starts with a scene of Victor piloting the ship back to Earth and Wally is co-piloting
    Victor: You're thinking about Dick and Kory too, huh?
    Wally: Uh, Yep. I think Dick is in love with her.
    Victor: I don't think Dick knows what he thinks.
    Wally: I think he knows that he loves her.
    I know that she certainly loves him.
    God, I hope that they know what they're doing.
    Garfield: Well, Look at it this way. She's gorgeous, beautiful, and stacked. He's got to love her.
    Victor: Mebbe, Logan
    Then again mebbe it's none of our business despite the name of our little coffee klatch here, they're both grown up.
    And whether their relationship works or not, it's really up to them, isn't it?
    Still I hope Dick knows what he's getting into

Dick is walking and knocks on a door
    Dick: Kory, can I see you?
    Kory lying down on a cot: Of course, c'mon in.
    Kory: Does it still hurt? (referring to Dick's arm in cast)
    Dick: It's fine, Kory. Can we talk?
    Kory: If you're going to be real serious, I don't know.
    I am, but it's okay.
    Dick sitting next Kory: I just wanted you to know why I've been acting like such an ass lately.
    Kory: But you've been wonderful
    Dick: No, I haven't. Please believe me.
    You have to understand something about me. I was brought up by the Batman.
    Despite the trauma that made him become what he is, he always taught me to be guided by my head, not my heart.
    Besides, I think I've always been too introspective for my own good.
    Kory: Dick...?
    Dick: No, Please let me finish. It'll be easier that way.
    You also have to understand that I just came out of a romance with someone I thought I cared for.
    That's why I have been putting you off.
    Kory: You were in love with someone else.
    Dick: I don't know what I was.
    Can I really be honest with you? Part of you frightens me. Really scares me down deep.
    Not the fact that you're not human. or only partially human, or whatever you are...but something else. It's hard to explain. But, despite my reputation for knowing everything, I realize I don't know anything...
    ...about myself.
    Kory: I know that I love you. Isn't that enough.
    Dick: I don't think so. You see, I only think I may love you.
    Dick's hand on top of Kory's hand.
    Dick: I mean...Not just as a friend.
    Dick and Kory looking at each other
    Dick: I mean...in a romantic way. Lord, I don't know what I mean. I really need time to sort out my emotions.
    Kory smiling: I'll give you all the time in the world.

While back at the Titans Tower
    Kory floating above the ground with Dick
    Kory: Donna, Dick's taking me to Gotham City tonight so I won't be home. Is that okay?
    Dick: She'll be safe, Donna. My arm's still busted. We'll probably have Alfred as a chaperone.
    Donna: You two enjoy yourselves. I've got a long overdue date with a certain handsome college history professor.
    Mr. Terry Long and I have a lot of catching up to do...
    ...And chaperones are not permitted.

several weeks has passed,
    New York City: Under the glittering lights of Broadway..Dick and Kory just out of a taxi cab
    Dick: Kory, Everyone swears we'll love "Nine"! It's this year's Mega-Hit!
    Kory:Being with you is all I care about, Dick. You should know that!
    up close of Kory's arm clasped around Dick's
    Kory: And I can't believe we're finally on a real date.
    Dick: What do you mean? We've been going out for weeks now.
    Kory: Oh. I know, but not like this.
    Getting all dressed up and going to a Broadway show is something special.

any ways.... there was a kiss between Dick and Kory on issue #2
    #16....Dick friendzones Kory , but he actually feels more than he lets on and is a little jealous of Kory's brief boyfriend Franklin who is shortly killed off in the same issue
    #26 Dick reveals his romantic love feelings for Kory and they're dating up to
    Dick/Kory is not an impulsive love
    It's far from it.
    Their love and relationship was developed slowly and gradually.
    Last edited by Starrius; 09-23-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    becasue over 10 year later no re ignition of their romance has ever come to be...
    Except in the media adaptations. You know, the pieces of entertainment that have the much larger reach.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Except in the media adaptations. You know, the pieces of entertainment that have the much larger reach.
    Good point

cartoon series, New52 DC animated movies, and now a live action show

It's not Dick and Kory's relationship ending that strongly bothers Dick/Kory fans. It's that Barbara's romance with Dick was written on top of his very serious and very canonical relationship with Kory. It was a series of damaging retcons to diminish the importance of Dick's time with the Titans as well as treat Kory as this heartless alien slut that got in Barbara's way of being with Dick.

Dick/Kory is framed like it was always Barbara and Kory was just a placeholder. It’s very disrespectful to Titans fans.

Dick/Kory needs more respect.

Retcons were done to elevate Barbara as Dick's one true love at Kory's expense.
    A popular and iconic pairing that has a lot of comic book history has been crapped on to boost another pairing

Dick and Kory didn't get together because of just attraction nor lust. It was definitely more than just some puppy love and simple teenage romance. Some Batfam writers and fans have been claiming and trying to show that over the years. Those were some of the reasons that I created a comic vine Dick/Kory thread with lots of comic pictures showing their history of love and caring for each other to raise awareness and the understanding of them and their relationship
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teen-...rfire-1975639/

I was a Dick/Barbara fan and I converted to Dick/Kory fan less than a month ago.
    I did vote for Barbara on this poll, but now I wish that I had voted for Kory after watching Judas Contract animated movie and reading the Wolfman Titan comic run from 1980 to 1994 which was the period that Dick and Kory were each other's love interest for 14 straight years.

I read the whole Wolfman Titan comic run, there is no doubt in my mind that Dick and Kory had a deep relationship that was based on love and caring, and no Batman office retcons can erase any of that.
    Last edited by Starrius; 09-23-2018 at 02:22 PM.

BANNED

Well, Dick's going to forget every last one of them. Bruce will order the rest of the Bat-Family to have no contact with him "in Dick's best interests," of course. Shot in the head? Cast adrift and alone in the world? You betcha. Maybe he'll see a big orange alien girl on television and wish he could see her fly by overhead in the sky someday. Divorced from the rest of the DC Universe. All feels very bleak to me.

Pull an Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Its not as if media has not reached out to Dick and bab either

Since starfire is not apart of this universe

Extraordinary Member

Well, Dick's going to forget every last one of them. Bruce will order the rest of the Bat-Family to have no contact with him "in Dick's best interests," of course. Shot in the head? Cast adrift and alone in the world? You betcha. Maybe he'll see a big orange alien girl on television and wish he could see her fly by overhead in the sky someday. Divorced from the rest of the DC Universe. All feels very bleak to me.
    Starfire in space so she wont be around