View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 69 of 104 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1559
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    like I don't mean They cant be a couple. They just never is as close and understanding and ideal and iconic as the Bat office made them out to be. Not that Dickkory didn't have problems but that's bc of age and maturity and different lives. When the problem is personality and retcons i dont call that "true love"

shrugs....what comic book couple doesn't have problems including serious ones???

heck....Peter and Mary Jane had serious problems in their relationship history, and they are the most popular and iconic pairing in Marvel history.
    I also think that they are one of the most popular and iconic pairings in comic history...............I'd put them at number 2 behind Clark and Lois.

During the period that Dick and Kory's relationship turned into a disaster in August 1993 and they completely ended in September 1994, Peter and Mary Jane had their own problems. Peter had sworn to Mary Jane that he would give up being Spider-Man for awhile and he went back on his word, and Mary Jane was upset about that. Peter was acting all neurotic with his sense of responsibility as Spider-Man, and Mary Jane was stressing out over Peter being Spider-Man and had a cigarette addiction. Her acting career was falling apart. In a comic book page, Mary Jane thinks that Peter didn't come home last night, and she thinks that most wives worry about infidelity but Peter is Spider-Man - he could be dead. Liz kicked Peter and Mary Jane out of their loft. Peter's parents came back into his life, but they end up being androids. After he loses his fake parents, Peter is driven with rage and vengeance and pushes Mary Jane away. May ends up sick in the hospital, and Peter goes nuts that he webs himself up in a cocoon so he cannot be reached. This was heading up into the Death of Aunt May in Amazing Spider-Man issue #400 and the infamous Clone Saga that so many Spider-Man fans hated including me. The only things that I liked about it was Ben Reilly and Mary Jane demonstrating great loyalty and faithfulness as Peter's wife even when Peter was believed to be the clone to the point that she was willing to let Peter kill her when he was under the Jackal's programming which she helped him break. I read those comics when I was in my 20s in the 1990s. Like Dick and Kory, Peter and Mary Jane had their ups and downs with serious problems. There are no comic couples that have perfect relationships. Comic books have quite the soapy element to them. As a person that loves to watch soap operas on television, I actually enjoy that. I just don't care for the love triangles and my favorite characters killed off. When Mary Jane was killed off in an airplane accident in 1999, I couldn't bear reading Spider-Man comics any more.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-04-2018 at 10:13 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    shrugs....what comic book couple doesn't have problems including serious ones???

heck....Peter and Mary Jane had serious problems in their relationship history, and they are the most popular and iconic pairing in Marvel history.
    I also think that they are one of the most popular and iconic pairings in comic history...............I'd put them at number 2 behind Clark and Lois.
    re.

I'd say maybe third. Hard to put Peter and MJ above Reed and Sue Richards. MAYYYYBE Cyclops and Jean Grey too, but they had a lot more hurdles that may put them under Pete and MJ.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'd say maybe third. Hard to put Peter and MJ above Reed and Sue Richards. MAYYYYBE Cyclops and Jean Grey too, but they had a lot more hurdles that may put them under Pete and MJ.
    I can agree with that

also...I don't think Scott and Jean having a lot more hurdles necessarily put them under Peter and Mary Jane
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

I can agree with that

also...I don't think Scott and Jean having a lot more hurdles necessarily put them under Peter and Mary Jane
    Yeah, but between Phoenix replacing Jean... and then Scott's marriage to Madelyn... and then him cheating with Emma... not to mention Wolverine always hoping to get Jean on a rebound. While Scott and Jean are truly THE iconic X-couple... there's a lot of ugly baggage there.

Especially compared to someone like Reed and Sue who may argue and take some 'me' time occasionally, they've been together from before we meet them and until forever. Peter always had some temptations running around like Black Cat, but outside of demonic influence, When Pete was with MJ... he was with MJ.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    outside of demonic influence, When Pete was with MJ... he was with MJ.
    And in spite of demonic influence, he's with MJ again now, just as MJ had promised would happen at the end of OMD. They found their way back to each other. It probably would have happened sooner if Slott had been interested in the pairing, it's a good thing Nick Spencer is.

Mighty Member

Polygamy???

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Why pick one?

This is a perfect world for Dick. Two lovely women on his arm.

DC wants Dick to suffer so it's never gonna happen.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And in spite of demonic influence, he's with MJ again now, just as MJ had promised would happen at the end of OMD. They found their way back to each other. It probably would have happened sooner if Slott had been interested in the pairing, it's a good thing Nick Spencer is.
    I am very grateful that Nick Spencer replaced Slott and put my favorite comic book couple, Peter/Mary Jane back together.

as for the demonic influence, well....there is still the deal with Mephisto to resolve
    if we take the One More Day storyline seriously, then Peter and Mary Jane still have undo the Mephisto deal. Mephisto owns their souls.
    Something has to be done for them to get out of deal to free their souls.
    Maybe there is storyline that Peter and Mary Jane has been having this nagging feeling that something that is not right between them even though they are together and love each other very much. Both of them have nightmares, and they involve dealing with Mephisto. Annie is in their nightmare, and they dream of losing her. These nightmares occur so frequently that Peter goes to Dr. Strange for help, and Dr. Strange investigates and discovers the deal, tells Peter the truth, and then there is the fight to undo the deal.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    This is a perfect world for Dick. Two lovely women on his arm.

DC wants Dick to suffer so it's never gonna happen.
    I don't think it's a perfect world for Kory nor Barbara.
    I can't see either as the type to share a man.

Okay, how about this. Kori and Babs each get a Potara earring, use them, and you get Kori'Gordon. Boom, problem solved.

Didn’t Kory want him to share him when she got married. Not that I’m for that idea.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-05-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Okay, how about this. Kori and Babs each get a Potara earring, use them, and you get Kori'Gordon. Boom, problem solved.
    Batfire

I can't see Dick going for it either, honestly. Flirting and the occasional one night stand aside, Dick doesn't seem to have a wandering eye, much less be willing to be in a poly relationship or whatever. Babs would be aghast at the very idea of it.

Kori....maybe.....but I'd doubt it. I think if Kori were to even entertain the notion, the other woman would have to be someone very close to her, like Donna. Babs is too much a stranger.

Maybe someday decades from now, when making a character gay is no longer considered diversifying, we'll see some characters in a relationship like this. And if that day ever comes, this trio would be as good a choice for the inevitable orientation bending as any.....but I don't think society is anywhere close to that and DC is even further away from being willing to try it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I can't see Dick going for it either, honestly. Flirting and the occasional one night stand aside, Dick doesn't seem to have a wandering eye, much less be willing to be in a poly relationship or whatever. Babs would be aghast at the very idea of it.

Kori....maybe.....but I'd doubt it. I think if Kori were to even entertain the notion, the other woman would have to be someone very close to her, like Donna. Babs is too much a stranger.

Maybe someday decades from now, when making a character gay is no longer considered diversifying, we'll see some characters in a relationship like this. And if that day ever comes, this trio would be as good a choice for the inevitable orientation bending as any.....but I don't think society is anywhere close to that and DC is even further away from being willing to try it.
    Kory was born to be Queen of an entire planet. No way she'd share her consort with a commoner.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Didn’t Kory want him to share him when she got married. Not that I’m for that idea.

I already posted about the marriage stuff in response to somebody bringing it up.
    I have seen it used against her as a point for why she's bad for Dick ....especially in comparison to Barbara

I was reading from the New Teen Titans Volume 2 comic issue #17 when I typed all this information out.
    It's all exactly what's in the comic issue.

The marriage of Kory and Karras was planned because the two royal houses of Tamaran were wanted to be united to save millions of people's lives on the planet.
    It was to prevent a civil war between the two royal houses.
    Kory didn't want the marriage. She even told her parents that she didn't want the marriage. She straight up told Karras that she didn't want to marry him. Another thing, Karras is in love with another just like Kory is in love with Dick.

This is what happened during the wedding ceremony:

These were thoughts that Kory and Dick had right before the ceremony
    I copied them right from the comic

Kory smiling and thinking: Dick did come...Say something now....Please

Dick thinking: She seems content...accepting this marriage
    I--I can't say anything to ruin it now

Kory in tears thinking: Please, Dick...You can stop this...Say something....Say something!

Kory's mother says to Dick: I understand your feelings, Earthling. I have lost my love too.
    Once married, they will be one.
    Loyalty is fierce among our people and the bonds of marriage unbreakable.

Karras and Kory stepping to the wedding podium

Dick hopeless thinking: It's too late...Too late to do anything now

Kory in anguish with her arms against her chest and fists clenched thinking: He turns away. Was I a fool all along? Maybe he doesn't love me...Maybe he never did
    Dick...for X'hal's sake - At least tell me you care!

Dick in anguish says: I..I can't do it, Joey....I want to shout out "Stop!" But I can't. And I can't watch any longer.
    Let me know when the ceremony is over. I have to speak to Myand'r.
    I'll be alright. Kory wants this. This is best for her. She never really fit on Earth.
    It's best for all of us

Kory never wanted the wedding to go on. She wanted Dick to stop the wedding, but Dick thought she wanted the wedding. He saw her smiling, and he misinterpreted as that as her being content about the wedding instead of her really being happy that he showed up at the wedding and that she desperately wanted him to speak out and stop the wedding.

Kory's brother Ryand'r knew that his sister and Dick are in love with each other

Right before the wedding

dialogue between Ryand'r and Dick

Dick says: Ryan, Please hurry. We've got to warn your father. (it was in regards to Komand'r)

Ryan says: Is that all you are concerned with Dick Grayson?
    You've said nothing about my sister's marriage.

Dick says: What can I say? It's up to her, Isn't it? I don't control Kory's life. She knows what she's doing.

Ryan thinks: Oh my friend, if only you can be free with your true emotions as we are on Tamaran.
    Unless you speak up, you will forever lose the woman you love.

Both Kory and Ryan wanted Dick to speak up at the wedding ceremony, but Dick misread Kory's smiling for being content and accepting their marriage with Karras instead of his showing up to speak up and stop the wedding

I also posted the comic pictures of this issue, and it's on post #216
    post #215 is the detailed explanation about the wedding that I gave here
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/dick-...595374/?page=5

It was a marriage of state, and it wasn't something that Kory wanted and she let Dick, her parents and Karras know that.
    After the wedding, she did want Dick to stay on Tamaran and be her lover while she's married to Karras.
    Before the wedding, she told Dick that she's not staying on Tamaran and that she's coming back to Earth.
    Of course, Dick didn't want to be with a woman that's married to another man, and that is understandable.

It's quite obvious that Wolfman and Perez created the wedding stuff to be part of the obstacles in their relationship as part of soap opera drama which has always been present in comic books.

As somebody pointed out in this thread, Dick and Kory were such a popular couple at the time that a lot of fans wrote to the creators to tell them to not marry off Kory to another man after they got wind of it.

Considering that Kory is a princess from another planet, I wasn't surprised about the marriage for I have definitely read both true and fictional stuff about kings and nobility (and a pope too) giving away their daughters away in marriage for political purposes.

I thought it was messed up for King Myand'r to want to sacrifice her daughter's happiness twice
    first time , he hands her over to his enemies to be a slave
    second time, pushes her to marry a man that she doesn't love while she loves another man

It was his showing weakness through his act of giving up his daughter to be a slave is what led to the disrespect of his people to the brink of civil war
    then he's using her again to solve problems and sacrifice her happiness yet again

If Dick did speak out against the wedding, would he be able to actually stop it? He's a mere Earthling among many Tamaraneans that are far stronger than he is.
    Realistically, the king could have just removed Dick from the wedding and made him leave Tamaran without Kory.
    I think Kory would have been forced to marry Karras any way as well as using emotional blackmail - making her think that millions of her people will die because of her not marrying Karras.
    Kory is very caring person. This is very evident throughout the comics. She would want to save millions of lives.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-05-2018 at 07:44 PM.