View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 75 of 104 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1559

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The correct answer is both. Writers are okay with a mass murder at a mental health facility but having three heroes in a stable relationship and ending a pointless shipping war is apparently taboo.
    Your kidding right?

While Kory wouldn't care I can't see Batgirl and her fans ever agreeing with this.

(missing the sign if you are)

BANNED

The correct answer is both. Writers are okay with a mass murder at a mental health facility but having three heroes in a stable relationship and ending a pointless shipping war is apparently taboo.
    Who was writing about a mass murder at a mental health facility?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Who was writing about a mass murder at a mental health facility?
    Its the Heroes in Crisis storyline. So far, a bunch of d-list heroes bit it, along with Roy Harper and the original Wally West. For shock value.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Its the Heroes in Crisis storyline. So far, a bunch of d-list heroes bit it, along with Roy Harper and the original Wally West. For shock value.
    Oh. Haven't been reading that. These Big Universe Crossovers!!!!! and Big Death Issues!!!! leave me pretty cold. If I read 'em at all, I'll trade-wait.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Your kidding right?

While Kory wouldn't care I can't see Batgirl and her fans ever agreeing with this.

(missing the sign if you are)

shrugs

depends on which version of Kory
    and which Kory fans
    As a Kory fan, I don't agree
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    shrugs

depends on which version of Kory
    and which Kory fans
    As a Kory fan, I don't agree
    Well, Kory was mighty torqued when Mirage went poaching on her game preserve.

Yup. That's right. A poly relationship, especially with Bat characters? Totally taboo. But we don't care about the sick and vulnerable getting slaughtered at a place of healing.

America's weird.

And I don't think any of these characters would be willing to be in a poly relationship though, even if it weren't a divisive topic in society. None of them have shown any inclination towards the mindset. Not even Kori, though if any of them were willing to try it, it'd be her.

I don't even think Dick is player enough to entertain the idea, not even for a one-night "trial run."

Maybe in the next continuity.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Well, Kory was mighty torqued when Mirage went poaching on her game preserve.

I noticed that
    Kory broke up with Dick because of that

well...it's wasn't over that he had sex with Mirage.
    It was over that he didn't know he wasn't making love to Kory , and she thought she can recognize everything about Dick
    he acted like it was no big deal at first, and that's what upset her
    Kory's very emotional, sensitive ....especially when it comes to the matters of the heart
    She even had thoughts of Dick didn't love her and that Mirage can be whatever he wants while at the same time Dick was thinking how much he cares about and loves Kory.
    Mirage was messing with Kory and Dick's reputations and lives

When Dick came to apartment to reason with her and get her back, he did admit that he was thinking more with the hormones instead of his head.
    I saw that as an admission that he did screw up.
    Kory had pushed him away after the losses of Raven and Jericho, Jericho's betrayal, her imprisonment, power sapping (she was in a wheel chair at the time of the funerals)
    She didn't want Dick to coddle her. She has that survivor mentality instead of the victim mentality.
    I understand that Dick just wanted to show how he missed her and that he loves,cares for her,and needs her. Kory needed space to recover from what happened to her.

Dick and Kory's relationship was quite strong and healthy until right before Titans Hunt
    Kory got setup,drugged,beaten up, and abducted at the same time that Dick was telling a story about Kory to a girl that was on a ledge of an apartment and pointing out Kory's good qualities including that she was beautiful on the outside and beautiful on the inside. It was like he fully appreciates what he has in Kory.

According to the Wolfman Titans run, Kory is definitely not the type of woman to share the man that she loves with another woman.
    She can definitely be jealous of another woman over a man that she loves.

I understand that much of the drama with Mirage was setup for the disastrous wedding.
    There were plans for them to have a happy wedding but it didn't go through because of editorial changes.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-21-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Of course it was all Editorial/Managerial mandates, but one could also note that Dick and Kory were--and still are--quite young. They're not super-experienced with maintaining healthy relationships (both having NO examples to pattern on), and in several instances, the experience they DO have is working against them. I wish Kory couldn've been a big orange fly on the wall when Dick was telling that girl such a wonderful story about her; it would have settled a lot of doubt in her heart. I would say that ANY couple needs to be able to communicate with other, and be able to express how they are feeling: "I need some space" or "I need reassurance." Some things just come with time, but a couple has to be committed to the long haul.

Mighty Member

Of course it was all Editorial/Managerial mandates, but one could also note that Dick and Kory were--and still are--quite young. They're not super-experienced with maintaining healthy relationships (both having NO examples to pattern on), and in several instances, the experience they DO have is working against them. I wish Kory couldn've been a big orange fly on the wall when Dick was telling that girl such a wonderful story about her; it would have settled a lot of doubt in her heart. I would say that ANY couple needs to be able to communicate with other, and be able to express how they are feeling: "I need some space" or "I need reassurance." Some things just come with time, but a couple has to be committed to the long haul.

Yep....I agree with your points
    they were definitely still quite young at the time....early 20s
    I didn't like how Kory pushed Dick away after he got her back after missing her for some weeks.
    I didn't like how she treated him over the Mirage stuff.
    It didn't even seem like Kory was herself.
    She's always very affectionate,loving,and open with Dick.

It was like Dick and Kory were reversed to how Dick was having his identity crisis issues before he gave up being Robin and Kory was trying hard to be caring and supportive with Dick.

Wolfman Titans run always had his soapy elements any ways
    a lot of comics do
    there were many soapy elements in Spider-Man comics, especially with Peter/Mary Jane
    I felt the same with X-Men.....especially with Scott/Jean
    Peter/Mary Jane and Scott/Jean are my two favorite Marvel couples.

It was those soapy elements that really made me love Peter/Mary Jane and Scott/Jean.

When I was reading the Wolfman run Titans, the soapy elements got me to love Dick/Kory too.
    Now I love them more than Clark/Lois and Bruce/Selina.
    I admit that I used to love Dick/Barbara, but I did complete 180 after reading about Dick/Kory.

The wonderful story that Dick told about Kory to the little girl was before Mirage came in the picture.
    Kory was feeling secure about Dick's love for her before her abduction which was right before the Titans Hunt.
    Mirage came in the picture after the Titans Hunt was over.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-21-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Woah, I wasn't here when this thread was made. I'm not about to read through 75 pages of arguing so I'll just say my thoughts and go. I honestly really like both. I enjoy Nightwing and Starfire as a couple but I also really like Dick/Babs when she was Oracle along with the puppy love they had as kids.

I'm ok with honestly either and enjoy both in the different incarnations they appear. Considering Dick will never probably get married and have kids (since that would significantly age Bruce), I expect both relationships to get focus now and then and I'm fine with that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Yep....I agree with your points
    they were definitely still quite young at the time....early 20s
    I didn't like how Kory pushed Dick away after he got her back after missing her for some weeks.
    I didn't like how she treated him over the Mirage stuff.
    It didn't even seem like Kory was herself.
    She's always very affectionate,loving,and open with Dick.

It was like Dick and Kory was reversed to how Dick was having his identity crisis issues before he gave up being Robin and Kory was trying hard to be caring and supportive with Dick.

Wolfman Titans run always had his soapy elements any ways
    a lot of comics do
    there were many soapy elements in Spider-Man comics, especially with Peter/Mary Jane
    I felt the same with X-Men.....especially with Scott/Jean
    Peter/Mary Jane and Scott/Jean are my two favorite Marvel couples.

It was those soapy elements that really made me love Peter/Mary Jane and Scott/Jean.

When I was reading the Wolfman run Titans, the soapy elements got me to love Dick/Kory too.
    Now I love them more than Clark/Lois and Bruce/Selina.
    I admit that I used to love Dick/Barbara, but I did complete 180 after reading Dick/Kory.

The wonderful story that Dick told about Kory to the little girl was before Mirage came in the picture.
    Kory was feeling secure about Dick's love for her before her abduction which was right before the Titans Hunt.
    Mirage came in the picture after the Titans Hunt was over.
    I think most people like to read about love stories. Especially when they're characters who are very deserving of being loved.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Woah, I wasn't here when this thread was made. I'm not about to read through 75 pages of arguing so I'll just say my thoughts and go. I honestly really like both. I enjoy Nightwing and Starfire as a couple but I also really like Dick/Babs when she was Oracle along with the puppy love they had as kids.

I'm ok with honestly either and enjoy both in the different incarnations they appear. Considering Dick will never probably get married and have kids (since that would significantly age Bruce), I expect both relationships to get focus now and then and I'm fine with that
    Agreed. I like both for what they represent.

BANNED

Wolfman admitted to writer's block and I don't envy him for it. It's a dreadful thing for someone who makes a living with words to find themselves with no words coming. At the time, splitting Dick and Kory was a mercy killing. However, it's been ages and I think a new look at that pairing might be interesting whenever the next reboot happens along. On the other hand, Dick and Barbara's relationship had/has gotten needlessly complicated; Ric's memories seem very inconsistent.

Mighty Member

Robin’s romantic life also makes it onto the big screen. The character’s relationship with superpowered alien Starfire will be explored on the series. Starfire (Anna Diop) is a character that, for much of Season 1, doesn’t know anything about herself. Her and Robin get to know each other while trying to protect the supernaturally enhanced Raven (Teagan Croft) from an evil cult.

“I think that Dick sees [Starfire] and realizes that he is in a similar way doing the same thing, figuring out who he wants to become and what he wants to leave behind,” Thwaites said. “In a way, Starfire helps him do that — helps him realize, that part of your personality you should put away, and this part you should keep. And together they kind of form a relationship just out of necessity protecting and keeping [Raven] alive.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-...=.de88153bf1ad