View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 25 of 104 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    She's only 3 votes down. C'mon, folks--she's a PRINCESS!!!!!
    Is Tamarran still even a planet right now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be honest, i see people understimating Dick's intelligence in the fandom, mostly because in the last 10 years or so he has been kinda/sorta defined as an improviser that just go with the flow to make a better contrast with Bruce, even when originally he was a tactical genius, even writters that have done good work with him have give him poor moments like Wolfman (his awfull run on Nightwing is a good example), sometimes he has been made dumber in comparison with other characthers and that is infuriating (don't make start ln FanonDick either), but it hasn't been as dramatic as Oasis described it.
    Its not always a bad thing, He was working with superman and was aksed if he could reverse engineer a weapon, real, and he hesitates and says no
    I appreciate that, its not a weakness that he cant do somthing.

Incredible Member

Might be wrong, but I believe Dickhas had more history with Barbara, so gotta go with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Its not always a bad thing, He was working with superman and was aksed if he could reverse engineer a weapon, real, and he hesitates and says no
    I appreciate that, its not a weakness that he cant do somthing.
    NO, but it IS a weakness when he is constantly shown as being too dumb to do ANYTHING.

Extraordinary Member

NO, but it IS a weakness when he is constantly shown as being too dumb to do ANYTHING.
    when has he been shown like that, the problem with DC is that everyone is a genius so no one really is

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

I voted Barbara, but honestly if we are talking "soulmate", then to me neither are ideal.

As pointed out by a few others, Starfire is ultimately just far too temporary girlfriend material. I think there relationship would be far more based on a sexual connection, and I think Dick, accustom to women throwing themselves at him, would want someone he shares a deeper connection with. That isn't to say Starfire can't have a soulmate herself, but I just don't think Dick is it, and call it stereotypical, but I think she's best with someone who she'd be a sort of wish fulfillment for. Someone like Jimmy Olsen or so.

As for Barbara, the best thing about her and Dick together is that acts as someone who can "ground" him, literally & figuratively, which I think is essentially for someone he settles down with. But at the same time, Dick is a bird at heart, and so he shouldn't be with someone who completely grounds him, and so, essentially changes with what makes him him. She would want him to settle down and get an 8 to 5 job or something. They are great together, and Dick would love her for keeping him grounded, but she would want him to do so far too early.

I essentially Starfire being someone Dick would date in his twenties & Barbara being someone he'd settle down at die with in his 60s. Starfire would want him to fly, Barbara would want to keep him grounded.

Honestly, if I had to select a premade character as a soulmate for Dick it would be Huntress—Bertinelli. Her tough as nails personality challenges his lighter mood, she won't feel compelled to a relationship with him, and would in fact be the one avoiding commitment, she'd want him to be more grounded, but not entirely so.

Although if I had to suggest a soulmate for Dick, it would be someone normal for beginners. Someone who keeps him grounded, but at the same time flies with him. A "starving artist" type, so to speak. Maybe she dropped out of highschool to pursue a dream or is actually smart & has a PhD or has rich parents, but decided she didn't want to work an 8 to 5 job; an aspiring actress, musician, artist or something who's spent her years bustling tables and jumping from job to job while waiting for her big break. Someone who has as much commitment issues as he does, maybe they met after a one night stand (she is normal, she isn't immune to his charm), but she's focus on her goals and doesn't want anything serious—he's accustom to being chased, she makes him chase her. Like him, she trusts too much, falls too hard, is risky & to others she's wasting her smarts. In her own way, she has dealt with her fair share of hardships (being broke, hungry, depressed, drugs, being robbed, being betrayed by friends, cheated on, maybe she even did some of these things to survive), things that normal people deal with. Her morals are a bit skewered, she isn't some feisty, fearless civilian like Lois, but she's just a woman trying to find her way. Dick is usually considered a connection between Superman & Batman, maybe she lives in Metropolis, but she has seen comparable ugliness & hardships there as she would have if she lived in Gotham. Dick is perhaps the ultimate boyfriend wish fulfillment character, and she should be a character most women(or men) could see a bit of themselves in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    Although if I had to suggest a soulmate for Dick, it would be someone normal for beginners. Someone who keeps him grounded, but at the same time flies with him. A "starving artist" type, so to speak. Maybe she dropped out of highschool to pursue a dream or is actually smart & has a PhD or has rich parents, but decided she didn't want to work an 8 to 5 job; an aspiring actress, musician, artist or something who's spent her years bustling tables and jumping from job to job while waiting for her big break. Someone who has as much commitment issues as he does, maybe they met after a one night stand (she is normal, she isn't immune to his charm), but she's focus on her goals and doesn't want anything serious—he's accustom to being chased, she makes him chase her. Like him, she trusts too much, falls too hard, is risky & to others she's wasting her smarts. In her own way, she has dealt with her fair share of hardships (being broke, hungry, depressed, drugs, being robbed, being betrayed by friends, cheated on, maybe she even did some of these things to survive), things that normal people deal with. Her morals are a bit skewered, she isn't some feisty, fearless civilian like Lois, but she's just a woman trying to find her way. Dick is usually considered a connection between Superman & Batman, maybe she lives in Metropolis, but she has seen comparable ugliness & hardships there as she would have if she lived in Gotham. Dick is perhaps the ultimate boyfriend wish fulfillment character, and she should be a character most women(or men) could see a bit of themselves in.
    Sounds like Shawn the Defacer !

Extraordinary Member

Sounds like Shawn the Defacer !
    do you think she will ever return
    I still hope for clancy

I still hope for clancy
    Probably pop up from time to time as long as Dick hangs around Bludhaven.

BANNED

I still hope for clancy
    I thought Clancy was kinda meh. My pick for Dick at the moment is Power Girl.

Extraordinary Member

I thought Clancy was kinda meh. My pick for Dick at the moment is Power Girl.
    Do people not see starfire as his kyrpptonia, their very similar, and star idolizes superman
    similar power sets, he doesnt need and actual kyrptonian

Do people not see starfire as his kyrpptonia, their very similar, and star idolizes superman
    Dick's a strong and independent man and he don't *need* NO woman!

But it doesn't look like Dick and Kori are ever going to get back together. And ultimately.....perhaps that's for the best. Perhaps everything that can be told about those two has already been said. And I have to admit, even though I favor Dick-Kori over Babs, there is something interesting about the idea that Kori's still in love with Nightwing, but he isn't in love with her. That adds an interesting, deeply emotional and sad element to a character that is often misunderstood as just being Wolfman's sexual fantasy (obviously, for him it was Donna).

Power Girl.....she sort of bridges the gap between Kori's appeal and Barbara's. Karen is intelligent and clever, but also passionate, head-strong, temperamental, and powerful (not just physically) and other than hair color, seems to match Dick's......preferences.

Also, it's a new direction and new face, and Nightwing could benefit from a shot of new ideas and new directions.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-25-2018 at 09:03 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Wow, I'm surprised this thread is still active. If I had known how much interest the topic would generate, I would have made the poll option last longer than two weeks.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

People see Starfire as an orange space alien with fire for hair. That isn't really Kryptonian at all. Her and PG are completely different other than being strong and can fly. That is like saying Barbara and Helena are the same because they are both normal humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    People see Starfire as an orange space alien with fire for hair. That isn't really Kryptonian at all. Her and PG are completely different other than being strong and can fly. That is like saying Barbara and Helena are the same because they are both normal humans.
    Aren't they also both solar-powered?