View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 14 of 104 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Endgame is when DC closes their doors, LOL!

Clark and Lois, they are probably endgame NOW but pre N52 I would had said the same thing.

Arthur and Mera, shoot, when DC gets off their butts and get these married (again) then we can talk about endgame, LOL

Ralph and Sue, isn't she dead?

Archie eventually married Betty!
    Gail Simome brougth back Ralph and Sue in her last Secret Six run.

BANNED

Endgame is when DC closes their doors, LOL!

Clark and Lois, they are probably endgame NOW but pre N52 I would had said the same thing.

Arthur and Mera, shoot, when DC gets off their butts and get these married (again) then we can talk about endgame, LOL

Ralph and Sue, isn't she dead?

Archie eventually married Betty!
    I thought Archie married Veronica, too. There were a bunch of parallel stories "Married Life" and it didn't matter if Archie was married to Betty or Veronica, his life kept getting so miserable I quit reading the books.

I personally go with Barbara because I think they have more good stories and better chemistry together. But overall I don't know, Dick should still run around and get more good stories before focusing on another character.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I personally go with Barbara because I think they have more good stories and better chemistry together. But overall I don't know, Dick should still run around and get more good stories before focusing on another character.
    He's supposed to be--what--21 or 22 these days? It's too young to get tied down. Let Dick date around!

Quote Originally Posted by Marilee View Post
    Again, sorry for the whole ramble...
    No need to apologize, Marilee. Thank you for the historical perspective. It's valuable and often lost or set aside.

Arthur/Mera
    Right now in Aquaman, the elites of Atlantis have decided that Mera should be the reigning monarch, as she has all the right talents and is "full-blood" royalty (Xebel royalty, but still). And that, as far as I can tell to date, they don't really want Arthur involved, because his "surface-dweller blood" has been problematic for Atlanteans and nothing but trouble. And they seem to be convincing these two people, who do care deeply about Atlantis (and its wavering ability to survive both internal and external threats) that this all makes a good deal of sense. So they've got a set-up for sending Arthur and Mera in two separate directions.

(I don't know if I buy the "who cares if she's of Xebel?" line. But the idea that, if she becomes the ruling monarch, any other person who was once ruling monarch should be sent far, far away, has a good deal of historical precedence in The So-Called Real World™. Under many circumstances that other person would be - was - killed, so that opposing forces can't rally around him, with or without his consent. Certainly that person shouldn't be the royal consort, or hanging around the court. I found this all kind of interesting, politically.)

I have no idea how far they're planning on running with this. In a few issues Arthur and Mera may tell them, "Go to Hell!", get married, and move back to Amnesty Bay. Or Mera may become queen, Arthur may leave, and their lives diverge for an indefinite period. Mera, as queen, may be pressured to marry and have an heir. Arthur - especially if he feels Mera made the decision against his wishes and tossed him aside - may decide "there are other fish in the sea." (Sorry! )

This can go on for as short or long a time as the writers and editors think it's working. I am not sure how the fans would react, however...
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 02-10-2018 at 09:54 PM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

BANNED

Editors always think whatever they're doing is working. Even if it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I thought Archie married Veronica, too. There were a bunch of parallel stories "Married Life" and it didn't matter if Archie was married to Betty or Veronica, his life kept getting so miserable I quit reading the books.
    LOL! I know when they brought his "decision" a few years ago to the mainstream media and fandom, his choice was Betty.

I grew up reading Archie Comics and even saw the TV movie, HA! But I have no interest in Riverdale.

Um so, as I am not familiar with all of this, who else has Dick been with? Didn't he have a thing with Donna and also Helena? Or is this recent?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I thought in Convergence Dick and Babs getting married was set in the post Crisis/pre Flashpoint universe, and Dick and Starfire getting married was set in the pre Crisis universe NTT era. That is what I assumed.

But I still think Babs has more utility and Starfire as a character is so limited. Still, Dick is a Bat character first now and Starfire will never be. So that ends the relationship from being anything these days. I mean even when they rebooted the universe for the New 52 they wanted to move Starfire away from Dick and stuck her in that awful relationship with Roy. Neither Dick or Babs have really had a serious love interested from an established hero/character since each other back in the Oracle days. Since then it has just been the two circling each other even through the New 52 reboot with mostly original love interests sprinkled in here or there.
    Yes, each week of Convergence corresponded with a specific era or decade. The Oracle/ Nightwing story came out in the week where we got stories set in the years leading to Flashpoint. Then there was a 90's week and then whatever week the NTT era was linked to.

So the Oracle/Nightwing story was closer to the modern era by far.

BANNED

I think Dick's conquests started with Lois Lane: "Isn't he just the cutest little chap?"

I think Dick's conquests started with Lois Lane: "Isn't he just the cutest little chap?"
    Didn't Catwoman call him adorable or something in an 40's comic? Or something like that. I gotta go back and check.

Mighty Member

"Maybe Dick hasn't met his endgame yet?" said the Nightwing writer and editor as they create his 50th ex-girlfriend.

Extraordinary Member

Didn't Catwoman call him adorable or something in an 40's comic? Or something like that. I gotta go back and check.
    this was before they hooked up

Incredible Member

As far as Archie goes, they teased that he was finally going to make his choice and get married. There was fan outrage, but then the issue turned out to be a dream sequence in which he imagined two scenarios, one for marrying each girl! So no, he has never married either one.

Yes, in Batman and Superman's first meeting, in 1952's Superman #76, they are on a cruise ship, and Bruce and Clark kind of have a rivalry for Lois' affections. When they disembark, however, she is walking off with Robin, and says something in that regard!

Um so, as I am not familiar with all of this, who else has Dick been with? Didn't he have a thing with Donna and also Helena? Or is this recent?
    He's apparently known as a player. He did have a one-night stand with Huntress, I know that. Donna? I've heard a lot of people talk about, here and elsewhere, how that is one of the few truly platonic male-female friendships in comics, and DC better not ruin it. BUT I have heard that there was SOME supposedly MINOR tease of romance at some point in the past. I'm not sure if that's true or not.

As for Catwoman, that is about the creepiest thing I've ever heard. But I did just look it up, and apparently they did kiss in Nightwing #52. It was apparently Catwoman being typically flirtatious. She kissed him and he briefly reciprocated. Ugh! Awkward conversation with Dad!
    Last edited by Slimybug; 02-11-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Maybe dc should stop teasing theses two ships, and let all three move on for a decade or two and stay with it. Yes dickxbabs and dickxkory fans will be made, but time heals all wounds. Plus when was the last time dick, babe and kory all had serious relationships with new hero's not supporting characters? I would love powerful because I want more involved with the superfamily, more dick and clark, Karen, Kara and job yes please!