View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 16 of 104 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He did not reciprocate. He laughed in her face.

BANNED

Selina was being a hussy and trying to play with the affections of a kid (compared to her). She deserved to get laughed at. Bruce would NOT have approved of her behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Cut up, out of context panels. He literally muzzles her in the full scene.

Ultimately, this is all corporate storytelling. There is a steel ceiling on how far a character can progress from their starting point before they get re-set somehow.

And it's really a question of how does DC view Dick Grayson: is he ultimately a Batverse character or a Titans character?

I think, due to the vast majority of his non-comic book cache coming from him being the first Robin (Both 1940s Batman serials, the BATMAN '66 tv show, all the SUPERFRIENDS and BATMAN cartoons, the BATMAN FOREVER and B&R and the LEGO Batman feature films, the BATMAN LIVE! play, the video games, etc) over his being the leader of the Titans (both TEEN TITANS and TEEN TITANS GO! cartoons, etc), that answer is clear:

For better or worse, Dick Grayson is ultimately and forever a Batverse character, and that means Barbara Gordon is as close to a romantic endgame for him as there can be in corporate storytelling.

This tread is making me think DC should do a Nightwing, Batgirl, and Starfire book.

Incredible Member

This tread is making me think DC should do a Nightwing, Batgirl, and Starfire book.
    I think, if Batman/Catwoman's relationship continues to be well-received (I think it will), then it could make sense for DC to really explore Dick's romantic life in a similar way. Rebirth is about relationships, right? DC can do Superman/Lois Lane for his 75+ year compatriots, Batman & Dick Grayson.

There's plenty of single superheroes for dating 'will they or wont they' stories.

Extraordinary Member

eh I want a Nightwing and Robin book

Incredible Member

Does anyone know where the scan comes from of Dick saying "no" when she asks if he loves her.

Also, does anyone find it funny that, of the New Teen Titans, everyone basically paired up. Dick and Kori, Gar and Raven, Donna and Roy. Everyone except Vic. If it was the Breakfast Club, he'd be Brian.

Incredible Member

Cut up, out of context panels. He literally muzzles her in the full scene.
    Actually, I just saw the full page. I'm still learning how to post pictures, but it's just a joke. Soemone starts firing at them, so he lowers his head. He's not intentionally "muzzling" her, but she says "That's better."

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    Actually, I just saw the full page. I'm still learning how to post pictures, but it's just a joke. Soemone starts firing at them, so he lowers his head. He's not intentionally "muzzling" her, but she says "That's better."
    And then he goes on to puts his hand over her mouth to get her to stop, and she bites him.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Ultimately, this is all corporate storytelling. There is a steel ceiling on how far a character can progress from their starting point before they get re-set somehow.

And it's really a question of how does DC view Dick Grayson: is he ultimately a Batverse character or a Titans character?

I think, due to the vast majority of his non-comic book cache coming from him being the first Robin (Both 1940s Batman serials, the BATMAN '66 tv show, all the SUPERFRIENDS and BATMAN cartoons, the BATMAN FOREVER and B&R and the LEGO Batman feature films, the BATMAN LIVE! play, the video games, etc) over his being the leader of the Titans (both TEEN TITANS and TEEN TITANS GO! cartoons, etc), that answer is clear:

For better or worse, Dick Grayson is ultimately and forever a Batverse character, and that means Barbara Gordon is as close to a romantic endgame for him as there can be in corporate storytelling.

Unfortunately the corporate dc storytelling is not consistent with shipping dick and Barbara . Wasn't babs Tim drake's endgame in the arkham games and Bruce's love interest in 2 movie's and in a love triangle with dick and bruce in the batman animated series. It's only consistent with the
    bat office.(the comic world).
    So far, since dick and kory as been introduced in media, DC as been quite consistent with the ship. That's why it's so popular again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

They do make a cute couple in this pic.

Oh, I made a tie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    Unfortunately the corporate dc storytelling is not consistent with shipping dick and Barbara . Wasn't babs Tim drake's endgame in the arkham games and Bruce's love interest in 2 movie's and in a love triangle with dick and bruce in the batman animated series. It's only consistent with the
    bat office.(the comic world).
    So far, since dick and kory as been introduced in media, DC as been quite consistent with the ship. That's why it's so popular again.
    she was also paired up a bit with Jason and dated luke fox. Out of all of them the Tim drake one bothered me the most, it was cringey but then again that time drake is not tim, is a fusion of jason todd and dick grayson, becasue tim is not cool or intresting enough to be himself in media

Then again there have been plenty of media feat dick and batgirl, the only thing consistent with starfire is that the relationship exist duing his titan days. what also seems to be consistent is it not lasting.

Aside from BTAS where they eventually grew apart what other media has featured Dick & Batgirl in a relationship.