View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 18 of 104 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    You know, I actually saw on Twitter, some people who was shipping DickBats, as in Dick Grayson and Batman being together.
    Since Dick was Batman for a little while, couldn't it mean . . . something else?

You're so right MH! I was being 'generous' I suppose. Since I work in a Library I know that being a Librarian is a Master's Degree, so at least 6 years of school. Most Librarians also 'intern' for at least half a year or more, yada yada.

Of course by / somewhere in the '60s she was a Congress woman, which again, being generous, would mean maybe 30 ish?

So - - clearly before much more recently, there was an actual suitable age diff between the two. It could have been at least 6 years, or it could have been more. Doubt it was much less.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    You're so right MH! I was being 'generous' I suppose. Since I work in a Library I know that being a Librarian is a Master's Degree, so at least 6 years of school. Most Librarians also 'intern' for at least half a year or more, yada yada.

Of course by / somewhere in the '60s she was a Congress woman, which again, being generous, would mean maybe 30 ish?

So - - clearly before much more recently, there was an actual suitable age diff between the two. It could have been at least 6 years, or it could have been more. Doubt it was much less.
    I know there have been various attempts to not make the age gap quite so big, like retcons to make Barbara graduate from college at an earlier age than may be typical here in the U.S., or a special rule in the DC universe that allowed people younger than 25 to be elected to the U.S. House of Representatives.

She was 25 & He was 18, She kissed him but not as in serious way as later when she was thinking about him she dismissed him in favor of Bruce, after that they may have teamed up but eventually he had NTT and Kori until Wolfman lost his grip on the franchise due to fatigue + Editorial + things out of his hand. Nightwing was actually get a series 3 yeas before his 95 mini that would have had him save Kori and defend the world to gain recognition amongst JL/Batman and have a series where he is married to Starfire but the writers left for marvel and Titans Hunt - Team Titans fizzled out until Zero Hour/Evil Raven destroyed it all.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    She was 25 & He was 18, She kissed him but not as in serious way as later when she was thinking about him she dismissed him in favor of Bruce, . . .
    Was there ever any serious attempts to pair up Babs with Bruce in main DC comic book continuity?
    I thought that crap was just from the animated shows.

No she was just day dreaming and comparing the two.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Was there ever any serious attempts to pair up Babs with Bruce in main DC comic book continuity?
    I thought that crap was just from the animated shows.
    Considering Barbara became Batgirl, I would think that she had a crush on Batman.
    Catwoman was actually jealous of Batgirl for "moving on her man."
    funny stuff
    She was wearing the green costume at the time.
    Last edited by Starrius; 02-12-2018 at 06:08 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Considering Barbara became Batgirl, I would think that she had a crush on Batman.
    Not necessarily. If "Batman" is a big thing, why can't a female dress in an outfit based on him?

Incredible Member

As I stated previously, Barbara said in Batman Family #10 that she was 25 while Dick was "still a teenager."

I had not heard of her comparing him to Batman in her head, or Catwoman getting ticked at her "moving on her man." If you haven't figured this out about me yet, I'm going to want to know those specific issues.

Amazing Member

It was from Secret Origins 20 (which was post-Crisis retelling of Batgirl's origin.
    secretorigins20.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I also think that Dick and other simpatico characters could use the triangle angle to explore story lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I wouldn't argue with a Power Girl-Nightwing-Roxy Rocket triangle.
    Okay, this has been bothering me for like 8 pages now. What is "Simpatico" other than being Spanish for nice? These posts make it sound like a team or something, but I tried googling it with Rocky Rocket, and nothing came up.

Google isn't going to bring you much about Roxy Rocket. All of her comic appearances together probably wouldn't fill a 20 page floppy. All her cartoon appearances likely wouldn't fill a twenty minute show.

What we're saying (well, what I am saying) is that Dick doesn't have a "one" like Superman or Flash or Spider-Man. But there are characters he has a long romantic history with, other characters he has a short romantic history with, and a ton of others who he *could* have a romantic history with. And using a love triangle would be a great way to explore some of these narratives.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Google isn't going to bring you much about Roxy Rocket. All of her comic appearances together probably wouldn't fill a 20 page floppy. All her cartoon appearances likely wouldn't fill a twenty minute show.

What we're saying (well, what I am saying) is that Dick doesn't have a "one" like Superman or Flash or Spider-Man. But there are characters he has a long romantic history with, other characters he has a short romantic history with, and a ton of others who he *could* have a romantic history with. And using a love triangle would be a great way to explore some of these narratives.
    Love triangles suck when it's two guys and one woman--the guys just mope around. But when it's two women and one man, the women scheme and wage war on each other--it's a lot more fun.

BANNED

his love interest should be someone he is equal with physically and intellectually and someone he can banter with . that's why I think Helena is the best

In American (semi-old-school jargon) colloquial terms it mostly would mean 'sympathetic' as in sympathetic to _____.

(I think)