View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

For what its worth, as a very old school fan and reader (62 this last November), I loved Dick and Starfire in old Titans. Wolfman, et al, really did a good job on their relationship. I don't recall how they ended, but they must have....

Old School take 2, says Babs, in the Silvery age turning to Bronze and beyond, was played as at least 2 or 3 years older than Dick, which didn't mean much perhaps, and of course now, it is actually reversed, so... a little weird.

I saw Dick and Babs as more colleagues back then. I think Batgirl and Supergirl's strong friendship in the Silvery/Bronze age was to me, her more important one.

I missed most/any of post crisis Titans or stories where Flamebird insinuated herself or tried to, into Dick's life - so I don't have that baggage attached.

I just think there is something special about the ideas *behind* Nightwing and Flamebird, that I would like to see in Dick and Bette.
    Most characters have the opportunity to have a relationship that might seem it holds up to "real life standards", so I wouldn't expect marriage or the soulmate thing. I just want to see something though.

Well I can't stand Babs especially not her current version so this is easy for me lol but in my honest opinion none of these two is the right one for Dick.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Well I can't stand Babs especially not her current version so this is easy for me lol
    Yea, I for one am not so much weighing in that factor, her current incarnation. I'm more thinking about "what was" or "what could be"...what if Babs was tweaked or revamped again.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-06-2018 at 02:24 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, I for one am not weighing in that factor, her current incarnation. I'm thinking about "what was" or "what could be"...what if Babs was tweaked or revamped again.
    I only liked him with Babs when she was Oracle and I'm pretty sure we'll never that version of Babs again. DC also seems to like the current version of her so it's hopeless.

Extraordinary Member

After reading the new order i really do belive starfire would fall out of love with him, while with Barbra it would be forever so dickbabs it is

BANNED

I liked Dick and Oracle, but she sucks as a love interest when Bat-girl. I like when Kory is written as a loving, Earth-Mother type, affectionate and kind--yet able to take care of herself and not be a constant Damsel in Distress. After Bruce and the whole Bat-Scene being such a cold fish, I think it's good for Dick to be around someone who is emotionally open and would give him the loving environment he deserves. The pair have been broken up about 30 years ow--maybe it's time to give it another shot. Bruce's image inducer seems like it would be easy enough. Power Girl or Supergirl would be powerful enough that he wouldn't have to spend all his time rescuing them. Another thought--Mary Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I just think there is something special about the ideas *behind* Nightwing and Flamebird, that I would like to see in Dick and Bette.
    Y'know, I don't know if I'd go for Dick and Bette. But I wish they'd do something with Bette Kane/Flamebird.

I think she could be a really good character, optimistic and fun, a bright version of Nightwing but not closely tied to the Batman franchise.

Frequently she's been portrayed as not terribly competent, and only in the game because of her interest in Dick/Robin/Nightwing - which does not make for a good superhero.

Then in Batwoman she was - tortured? Traumatized? I'm trying to remember - got grim, and was given the terrible name Hawkfire. (Sounds like a raptor with digestive issues.) And then they did nothing with her.

I'd love to see them bring her back as Flamebird, without all that ugliness weighing her down.

(A side note: I quite dislike the fact that Kate Kane and Bruce Wayne are first cousins, for a variety of reasons. Something that's never been mentioned: since Bruce and Kate are cousins because they are the children of two Kane siblings - Jacob and Martha - and Kate and Bette are also first cousins, then given Bette's last name it is extremely likely she is the daughter of another Kane sibling, and therefore Bruce's first cousin as well. Of course, I'm not sure she and Kate are first cousins. And Bette's last name could just be a coincidence - which would be absurd, but they do that kind of thing in comics. But all evidence points to: Bette and Bruce are first cousins. Which I don't like either, but there it is... )
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Midnighter?

I don't know if Dick Grayson will ever have a soul mate. Not everyone does, or needs to. But if he does, I think it's someone he hasn't met (or, at least, had a relationship with) yet.

(Also, I respectfully suggest you add a "Neither" choice to this poll.)
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I liked Dick and Oracle, but she sucks as a love interest when Bat-girl. I like when Kory is written as a loving, Earth-Mother type, affectionate and kind--yet able to take care of herself and not be a constant Damsel in Distress. After Bruce and the whole Bat-Scene being such a cold fish, I think it's good for Dick to be around someone who is emotionally open and would give him the loving environment he deserves. The pair have been broken up about 30 years ow--maybe it's time to give it another shot. Bruce's image inducer seems like it would be easy enough. Power Girl or Supergirl would be powerful enough that he wouldn't have to spend all his time rescuing them. Another thought--Mary Marvel?
    She wont be batgirl forever
    theire futures always end with her retireing from oracale
    and with dick taking off the cowl,

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Midnighter?

I don't know if Dick Grayson will ever have a soul mate. Not everyone does, or needs to. But if he does, I think it's someone he hasn't met (or, at least, had a relationship with) yet.

(Also, I respectfully suggest you add a "Neither" choice to this poll.)
    lmao yes to Midnighter (and Apollo). He can have two soul mates
    ...on a serious note I agree. I would have liked a "Neither" choice as well.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

To clarify my own vote for Babs:

1) I don't believe in soulmates.

2) I'm voting for Oracle.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Then in Batwoman she was - tortured? Traumatized? I'm trying to remember
    She was gutted and left in a coma for a while.

since Bruce and Kate are cousins because they are the children of two Kane siblings - Jacob and Martha - and Kate and Bette are also first cousins, then given Bette's last name it is extremely likely she is the daughter of another Kane sibling, and therefore Bruce's first cousin as well.
    This isn't in question. It's just not clear if she's Philip or Nathan's daughter.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I'm so happy Middy's name popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    After reading the new order i really do belive starfire would fall out of love with him, while with Barbra it would be forever so dickbabs it is
    Honestly, I've always been under the opposite opinion.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    1) I don't believe in soulmates.
    I don't necessarily believe in them either, but I focused on "long-term definitive love interest." I got what the OP was getting at. Selina is appearing to take on a recurring long term (even if very on and off) love interest role in Bruce's life. Lois Lane is that for Superman. And what is Dick's? I basically answered Oracle too, but Babs and Dick had some Pre-Crisis flirtations and tensions and stories in Batman Family that I and others will always remember. So I'm fine saying: Barbara Gordon.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-06-2018 at 03:59 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”