View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 21 of 104 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    BANNED

And Barbara breaks up with THAT???!!!!!!!! Most women would consider a guy like Dick Grayson to be a total KEEPER.

Okay, I'm convinced they should be some sort of couple. I still would like to see Bette resurface as that possible "oh yeah, her" lady. Maybe not a triangle so much as a reminder of what might have been. Even if there is no flirting, attraction, I would like to see the possible reactions or thoughts of, maybe Babs, wondering if this other Bat-girl, who he met before her, might mean something to him. (I await the big ignore I usually get)

I've always been so torn on this. Dick had a wonderful relationship with both Barbara AND Kori. He just...can't go wrong with either of those two. Unfortunately, my instincts tell me his time with Kori is pretty much done.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I've always been so torn on this. Dick had a wonderful relationship with both Barbara AND Kori. He just...can't go wrong with either of those two. Unfortunately, my instincts tell me his time with Kori is pretty much done.
    But a permanent relationship with Kori really makes no sense if he's also still trying to maintain his "Dick Grayson" secret identity.
    (And since he just went through a really stupid / bizarre way to recover the "secret" part of his identity just prior to Rebirth, . . . )

I'm trying to think if there is a Marvel character who is so linked with 2 possible paramours, and I can't seem to think of one. Maybe Daredevil, with Karen and Natasha, but Karen is dead now, and Nat is probably dead to Matt...

Sue/Namor/Reed does not qualify because canon says Namor NEVER had a physical relationship with her.

Ahhh, possibly Human Torch/Crystal/Quicksilver, but again, not really the same.

anyone else have a comparison to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm trying to think if there is a Marvel character who is so linked with 2 possible paramours, and I can't seem to think of one. Maybe Daredevil, with Karen and Natasha, but Karen is dead now, and Nat is probably dead to Matt...

Sue/Namor/Reed does not qualify because canon says Namor NEVER had a physical relationship with her.

Wait . . . Human Torch and Quicksilver were a couple?!?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But a permanent relationship with Kori really makes no sense if he's also still trying to maintain his "Dick Grayson" secret identity.
    (And since he just went through a really stupid / bizarre way to recover the "secret" part of his identity just prior to Rebirth, . . . )
    It could if he dates her as Dick Grayson and the two just don't work together as heroes (or at least not as often). Would it really shock the public that much if a known Superhero is dating they think is a civilian?

I mean...isn't Selina's identity as Catwoman public knowledge (or at least police knowledge)? And she's still marrying Bruce.

It could if he dates her as Dick Grayson and the two just don't work together as heroes (or at least not as often). Would it really shock the public that much if a known Superhero is dating they think is a civilian?
    Again, considering how stupid/convoluted the story was about how Dick got back his "secret" identity, why chance it getting exposed again? Also, if they're together in a relationship, if a crisis breaks out, does one of them have to sit it out while only the other one goes into action?

I mean...isn't Selina's identity as Catwoman public knowledge (or at least police knowledge)? And she's still marrying Bruce.
    Well, I gave up on reading King's Batman, so I'm not exactly sure how all that is playing out in terms of Bruce vs. Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

anyone else have a comparison to share?
    Cyclops with Jean Grey and Emma Frost.

Amazing Member

Well, if Kory still had her job as a supermodel (which should be brought back... Just what do these people live on?!?), then dating Dick Grayson wouldn't be a problem (guess supermodel dating billionaire's ward/foster son/adopted son... I have no idea what the legal standing of Dick and Bruce's relationship is anymore). Way back in the "old days", I actually thought it was kind of strange theu went the route of publically having "Nightwing" dating "Starfire", when it would have made much for sense for Dick Grayson to date Kory Anders. (I even had a whole storyline worked out in my head where to cover their backstory, Bruce had Wayne Tech hired Kory for a ad campaign (the "out-of-this-world" girl only uses our "out-of-this-world" gadgets - of course, this was back in the days when Bruce Wayne wasn't a complete arse about meta's and aliens... During the ad campaign roll-out, Dick and Kory would just happen to "meet" at a Wayne function, and that would be that - no need to worry about compromising secret identities, because Starfire wouldn't be dating Nightwing, they would just be teammates). But of course, that would probably require way too much thought and coordination .

Quote Originally Posted by Marilee View Post
    . . . During the ad campaign roll-out, Dick and Kory would just happen to "meet" at a Wayne function, and that would be that - no need to worry about compromising secret identities, because Starfire wouldn't be dating Nightwing, they would just be teammates). But of course, that would probably require way too much thought and coordination.
    And, of course, no one would even remotely realize that Kori's boyfriend Dick and Starfire's teammate Nightwing look at all alike? (I remember, back when Nightwing and Starfire were together, that Dick would sometimes wear a blonde wig/toupee when he and Kori were together in public but not as superheroes.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    And Barbara breaks up with THAT???!!!!!!!! Most women would consider a guy like Dick Grayson to be a total KEEPER.
    Cheats his way out of marriage with hers truly. Not sure why she is even waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Cyclops with Jean Grey and Emma Frost.
    Oh God. That's another one I've always been torn on. Though right now, I'd say I'm more of a Scott/Emma shipper. Of course that's all subject to change now that Jean's back.

Again, considering how stupid/convoluted the story was about how Dick got back his "secret" identity, why chance it getting exposed again?
    It's not even that big of a chance. It wouldn't be the firs time a celebrity (or in this case, Superhero) has dated a civilian. And with Dick Grayson being both a cop and the adopted son/ward of an eccentric billionaire with known connections to superheroes, it wouldn't be that far fetched for the public to believe he might have crossed paths with Starfire on enough occasions to spark a relationship. As long as they're careful when Dick is in his Nightwing persona, a relationship between the two is perfectly doable. If the general public is still unable to figure out who Batman or Superman are, I'm pretty sure Dick's secret ID can survive a relationship with a superhero

Also, if they're together in a relationship, if a crisis breaks out, does one of them have to sit it out while only the other one goes into action?
    It honestly might depend on the crisis. A bank robbery or a mugging or anything the police could also handle is something that one of them could easily take care of by themselves. Hell, even a lot of supervillain related crisis could be handled solo, depending on the villain. Even if it's a big threat, they could probably get away with both of them stepping in since the general public are all idiots until the plot demands they shouldn't be lol

Well, I gave up on reading King's Batman, so I'm not exactly sure how all that is playing out in terms of Bruce vs. Batman.
    Eh. It had a rough start but once all the "I Am Gotham" and "I Am Bane" nonsense was over, it actually gets really good.

In someone/else's dreams, perhaps.

I'm amazed I couldn't think of it. Then I remembered; I'm mostly been not reading X-men.. . . . in like forever.