View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 22 of 104 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm trying to think if there is a Marvel character who is so linked with 2 possible paramours, and I can't seem to think of one. Maybe Daredevil, with Karen and Natasha, but Karen is dead now, and Nat is probably dead to Matt...

Sue/Namor/Reed does not qualify because canon says Namor NEVER had a physical relationship with her.

Ahhh, possibly Human Torch/Crystal/Quicksilver, but again, not really the same.

anyone else have a comparison to share?
    Natasha and Bucky all the way.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-14-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And, of course, no one would even remotely realize that Kori's boyfriend Dick and Starfire's teammate Nightwing look at all alike? (I remember, back when Nightwing and Starfire were together, that Dick would sometimes wear a blonde wig/toupee when he and Kori were together in public but not as superheroes.)
    That was only later in their relationship. There was several years of stories of them going out (Broadway plays, dancing, for dinner etc., where Dick was not in a disguise at all). And how many people see Nightwing up close enough and long enough to immediately think of Bruce Wayne's ward/foster son/adopted son. Or are you saying there's only one averaged height, dark haired man in all of NYC, where they were based at the time? If Clark's glasses can prevent someone from recognizing him as Superman, than Nightwing's mask should prevent him from being recognized as Nightwing. And again, this was just an idea I had. But Dick and Kory did date for several years without him being in disguise (it was only after the "Who is Wonder Girl" - not to be confused with the "Who is Donna Troy" story - from about 1989/1990 our time, when they started showing Dick in disguises... And Dick and Kory started dating in 1982 our time... And there didn't seem to be a problem before that).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marilee View Post
    If Clark's glasses can prevent someone from recognizing him as Superman, than Nightwing's mask should prevent him from being recognized as Nightwing. And again, this was just an idea I had. But Dick and Kory did date for several years without him being in disguise (it was only after the "Who is Wonder Girl" - not to be confused with the "Who is Donna Troy" story - from about 1989/1990 our time, when they started showing Dick in disguises... And Dick and Kory started dating in 1982 our time... And there didn't seem to be a problem before that).
    Sorry... That should say "Nightwing's mask should prevent him being recognized as Dick Grayson..." Shows what I get for typing too fast

. . . If Clark's glasses can prevent someone from recognizing him as Superman, . . .
    It's not just "the glasses". Clark carries himself differently than when he's Superman. Attitudes, differences in his voice/how he speaks, etc. There are things that might not be quite as apparent to us (the readers) since we don't hear how he sounds or see how he moves, etc.
    And Clark Kent has spent years establishing himself as somebody you would automatically assume would not be Superman.

It...it really is just the glasses dude. A lame disguise that he's passed on to his clone, and even his son. It's just the glasses. People in comics are just morons. That's how Batman's secret has been kept so well for this long. People are morons unless the plot demands otherwise.

That's a common thing though. I'd say Kate Kane is a very rare instance of a hero doing a good job of hiding their identity.

But who is the 'third', as I am looking for the "which one?" idea. Would it be Hawkeye? I think in the late '60s prior to Kree-Skrull war, Natasha truly, and deeply loved Clint.

But I think her 'ship with DD was a little less, more fun - definitely serious.

And the retcon with Bucky is very pleasing to me, so yeah. Ooooops, am I/are we - - hijacking this thread - -WITH MARVEL COMICS?

Suspension of belief/disbelief is even harder (more necessary too) in movies and TV. For example I'm currently digging Black Lightning, but Jefferson's costume and MASK, do not really make him look different.

I sorta see that even with Barry / Flash on that show.

You have to buy into the idea, most people could not see what it is.

Extraordinary Member

Sorry... That should say "Nightwing's mask should prevent him being recognized as Dick Grayson..." Shows what I get for typing too fast
    he had that ability
    in higgins run

BANNED

That was only later in their relationship. There was several years of stories of them going out (Broadway plays, dancing, for dinner etc., where Dick was not in a disguise at all). And how many people see Nightwing up close enough and long enough to immediately think of Bruce Wayne's ward/foster son/adopted son. Or are you saying there's only one averaged height, dark haired man in all of NYC, where they were based at the time? If Clark's glasses can prevent someone from recognizing him as Superman, than Nightwing's mask should prevent him from being recognized as Nightwing. And again, this was just an idea I had. But Dick and Kory did date for several years without him being in disguise (it was only after the "Who is Wonder Girl" - not to be confused with the "Who is Donna Troy" story - from about 1989/1990 our time, when they started showing Dick in disguises... And Dick and Kory started dating in 1982 our time... And there didn't seem to be a problem before that).
    I believe Dick's current status is "former ward." He was never a foster son, and his adoption hasn't been mentioned in at least 2 reboots. At this point, Dick's relationship to Bruce is likely something like "groundskeeper's assistant."

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But a permanent relationship with Kori really makes no sense if he's also still trying to maintain his "Dick Grayson" secret identity.
    (And since he just went through a really stupid / bizarre way to recover the "secret" part of his identity just prior to Rebirth, . . . )
    Thank you for pointing out it was stupid/bizarre.

There are better ways to handle these issues than to hand a spy organization a deus ex machina so powerful that gods would drool over it. And then have them use it to give Nightwing back his secret identity (instead of just suggesting that he grow a mustache, change his hair color, and take on a cover identity - like spies have been doing as long as there have been spies).
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 02-15-2018 at 02:09 AM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It could if he dates her as Dick Grayson and the two just don't work together as heroes (or at least not as often). Would it really shock the public that much if a known Superhero is dating they think is a civilian?

I mean...isn't Selina's identity as Catwoman public knowledge (or at least police knowledge)? And she's still marrying Bruce.
    And isn't Selina wanted on about two dozen warrants? I mean, it was just recently she was imprisoned in Arkham; it's not like law enforcement doesn't know about her.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Suspension of belief/disbelief is even harder (more necessary too) in movies and TV. For example I'm currently digging Black Lightning, but Jefferson's costume and MASK, do not really make him look different.
    In the first or second episode, somebody said that looking at his face was difficult or even kind of painful - like looking at a flare or a strobe light. (I do not remember the exact quote.) So apparently Jefferson's doing something with his powers that obscures his face from the point of view of the people around him - but they're not showing it to the audience that way.

So at least they're thinking about it.

(It's sort of like Jay Garrick/Flash. For a period of time it was said that he vibrated his face slightly, at high speed, blurring his appearance - but they didn't include that effect in most of the artwork.)
    Doctor Bifrost

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Thank you for pointing out it was stupid/bizarre.

There are better ways to handle these issues than to hand a spy organization a deus ex machina so powerful that gods would drool over it. And then have them use it to give Nightwing back his secret identity (instead of just suggesting that he grow a mustache, change his hair color, and take on a cover identity - like spies have been doing as long as there have been spies).
    Yeah, it was kind of bizarre and over the top... but we got Reborn in the Superman line which went even more in the deus ex machina, while erasing what came before, so I think I'll let Spyral pass, just this time.

Extraordinary Member

this thread has kind gotten off track

BANNED

I think one of the problems is that the company doesn't seem interested in new ideas, just recycling old ones. Why NOT a nice girl from Krypton?