View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I don't necessarily believe in them either, but I focused on "long-term definitive love interest." I got what the OP was getting at. Selina is appearing to take on a recurring long term (even if on and off) love interest role in Bruce's life. Lois Lane is that for Superman. And what is Dick's?
    Yup that's what I meant. I just did not want to use the exact same language in both the question and text of my opening message.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Been reading since the 70's. It's Starfire.

Barbara is his Lana Lang.
    Batman - Daredevil

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Midnighter?

I don't know if Dick Grayson will ever have a soul mate. Not everyone does, or needs to. But if he does, I think it's someone he hasn't met (or, at least, had a relationship with) yet.

(Also, I respectfully suggest you add a "Neither" choice to this poll.)
    Midnighter is too much for one man, so an Apollo/Midnighter/Nightwing trio makes sense...

Mid-Night in the Apollo?? ...I'll show myself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Midnighter is too much for one man, so an Apollo/Midnighter/Nightwing trio makes sense...

"Mid-Night in the Apollo" lmao best comment so far

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    "Mid-Night in the Apollo" lmao best comment so far
    Yup. That wins the thread. We can all go home.
    I would also read the feck out of that comic.

I didn't vote in the poll. Neither are really a viable options for me in their current incarnations. Babs comes off as much younger than Dick and I'm not sure how much history Dick and Kory actually have in current continuity. A neither option would be a good idea.

Fantastic Member

I think for me it would depend on which version of the characters if preflashpoint dick than babs if pre crisis than kory if rebirth than kory.

Extraordinary Member

Their Married

His Lana Lang as if

I can't be the only person who finds shipping the original Robin with a gay analogue of Batman a little weird.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Babs. Classic Robin + Classic Batgirl 4 Eva.

I can see Babs going whatever Dick goes and vice versa. He can def get along with her Dad, and she his.

I cannot see Kory hanging out in Gotham, or getting along with his "dad" (or he with her fam).

Plus, I never liked the comic book Titans as a team or title anyway.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Their Married

His Lana Lang as if
    I missed that.. Did it happen in the recent Midnighter/Apollo mini? I read it but I read so many comics they jumble together.

I agree, Babs is no Lana. In my personal in-my-own-head continuity Kory was a rebound from Barbara, then Dick realizes Barbara is the one, will always be the one. Kory was stupidly hot (in multiple ways), exotic and they had the teammate bond. Plus he was (again in my own timeline) about 18.. Not many 18 year olds aren't going to go for Kory, even if they still have their "first love" around.

Extraordinary Member

I missed that.. Did it happen in the recent Midnighter/Apollo mini? I read it but I read so many comics they jumble together.

I agree, Babs is no Lana. In my personal in-my-own-head continuity Kory was a rebound from Barbara, then Dick realizes Barbara is the one, will always be the one. Kory was stupidly hot (in multiple ways), exotic and they had the teammate bond. Plus he was (again in my own timeline) about 18.. Not many 18 year olds aren't going to go for Kory, even if they still have their "first love" around.
    I woundt say rebound, Starfire and Dick love each other, but their flame is finite

It's close but I would have to say Batgirl It just makes too much sense for him to be with Babs. Not to be too simplistic about the characters but Starfire seems like the girl you date in college but Barbara Gordon is the girl you marry.

Starfire is an amazing character, I honestly like her as a character better than Babs but she is not a better match for Nightwing.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Fantastic Member

I voted for kori out of principle, dick has a lot of problems and he does not need a passive aggressive judgmental woman as one of them

For Dick, Starfire is first/young love sort of thing for me. The Titans is almost like a snapshot in time, and any revitalizing Titans hasn't been the same, as well Dick and Kori. They can definitely be written as a well written romance, but for long term I don't see it personally.

Dick and Barbara have a ton content for me to think that they could go long term, add in the fact the history and their dynamics can make me see why they have such a following. Of course current Babs I don't see it working because her writing is crap. So when they start getting Babs back on track I could definitely see something maybe happening. Like I could see them always being in love with each other but not necessarily together until they're both ready or something.

So for how I see it as that Starfire is first love and Babs and he sort of "find each other" down the track.

As for Dick being their "lois lane" is another question, because I think Starfire could easily be a part of another iconic relationship if DC wanted to and Barbara, while I think Dick and her are each other's "lois lane" in my perspective, i could easily see her with other people (not the crappy love interest current writers give her) but I could see her working out with Ted Kord or some of the more sciency and intellectual crowd of the Justice League.
    Last edited by RedQueen; 02-06-2018 at 09:40 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I woundt say rebound, Starfire and Dick love each other, but their flame is finite
    I can see that. I didn't read New Teen Titans, so that doesn't really factor much into my head canon.

"The New Order" had Kori as the mother of Dick's child. I thought that was an interesting choice. To me Barb is the obvious choice. Maybe Higgins chose Kori for story purposes, to kind of remove Jim from the equation a little. In that story Barb would have potentially come across poorly no matter what side she chose, her son's father or her father.