View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

    61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

    58 48.74%
Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1106
  1. #46
    Moderator joybeans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I can see that. I didn't read New Teen Titans, so that doesn't really factor much into my head canon.

    "The New Order" had Kori as the mother of Dick's child. I thought that was an interesting choice. To me Barb is the obvious choice. Maybe Higgins chose Kori for story purposes, to kind of remove Jim from the equation a little. In that story Barb would have potentially come across poorly no matter what side she chose, her son's father or her father.
    Higgins's use of Kory in The New Order served two clear purposes. One was to explain how Jake received powers in the first place, but also to create tension from Dick's actions directly affecting his wife.

  2. #47
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Higgins's use of Kory in The New Order served two clear purposes. One was to explain how Jake received powers in the first place, but also to create tension from Dick's actions directly affecting his wife.
    I agree about the powers part. It was a simple way to get Jake the powers. The second point, I'm not sure. Or I should say I do think that's how it worked out, but tensions could have still arisen if it had been Barbara. She has an extensive history of helping people with powers, so she would have been at least an accessory.

  3. #48
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Babs all the way

  4. #49
    Incredible Member WonderNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Neither. Powergirl all the way. Dick needs to look forward not backwards.

  5. #50
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    8,968

    Default

    Why is every character's fandom so thirsty for Dick?

  6. #51
    Incredible Member RedQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    706

    Default

    I think there is a subtle vibe of should he get with a superpowered gf or a more vigilante gf because they both come with different status quos then. We've seen him function and where both relationships thrive, as with Starfire it's a team issues and adventures around the world and in space, while a life with Barbara is more Gotham/Bludhaven centric stories with the Batfam etc and more Batman themes involved.

    It's also kind of hard to give Dick a new successful romance considering the connection the fans and writers have to these relationships, so sometimes you might get a Carlie Cooper if they try anything new. Not saying they shouldn't try, I'm just saying I don't want Barbara's revolving door of uninteresting, boring love interests type deal for Dick.


    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Why is every character's fandom so thirsty for Dick?
    judging from a lot of the essays I read on tumblr, basically it would cause buzz for other said character.

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I can see that. I didn't read New Teen Titans, so that doesn't really factor much into my head canon.

    "The New Order" had Kori as the mother of Dick's child. I thought that was an interesting choice. To me Barb is the obvious choice. Maybe Higgins chose Kori for story purposes, to kind of remove Jim from the equation a little. In that story Barb would have potentially come across poorly no matter what side she chose, her son's father or her father.
    really the storys nature made kori the obvious choice. But the idea that in the longrun Starfire would lose the love she had for just made sense to kori chracters and free spirit, they will always love each other but they wont always be in love with each other. Its happend to them, and it seem most universe has made barbra gordon the end game. I am still reading Dixons Run and they are so clicking with me.

  8. #53
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Hi New member here. I usually find this poll kind of posts amusing. It's a very interesting outcome on a Bat-centric forum.

    I am a bigger Dick Grayson fan and as the poll says BOTH. and i agree with result. i believe this is great for nightwing's character in having two main love interest. Dick is a 75+ years old character and he will be here for many more decades to come and having to inter change between Barbara and Kory would benefit future stories.
    I find both Kory and Babs, cute love interest for nightwing.

    On this poll i voted Starfire for 2 reasons,
    1. As a nightwing fan since the 80s. i will say he had significant character growth when he was with starfire/titans.
    2. And the bad retcons written by enthusiastic pro dick/babs shippers. they ruined both babs and kory as dick's love interest.

    Like i said. i favor both. DC should keep it that way and stop trying to downgrade one for the other.
    I like both future's end stories of dick and babs . they were cute on n52 earth two and i also loved dick and kory in new order and kindom come.

  9. #54
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    8,474

    Default

    Dick and Babs got married in Convergence. Now just have them remember.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-07-2018 at 04:39 AM.

  10. #55
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Dick and Babs got married in Convergence. Now just have them remember.
    So where Dick and Kory. Like I started previously on my post. DC is already driving the idea of having Barbara and Kory as Dick's 2 main love interest.

  11. #56
    Mighty Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    1,993

    Default

    Barbara Gordon not because I believe their love was stronger deeper or some connection [I'm a fan of both romances] just because familiarity and proximity. I don't believe comic characters have soulmates just rehashed/comfortable ideas.

    I would like to see a 3rd or 4th contender enter the arena but fandom won't allow it.

  12. #57
    Mighty Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    1,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Why is every character's fandom so thirsty for Dick?
    Phrasing
    Because he is hands down comics sexiest male.

  13. #58
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    really the storys nature made kori the obvious choice. But the idea that in the longrun Starfire would lose the love she had for just made sense to kori chracters and free spirit, they will always love each other but they wont always be in love with each other. Its happend to them, and it seem most universe has made barbra gordon the end game. I am still reading Dixons Run and they are so clicking with me.
    I agree. There was a scene in Red Hood and the Outlaws where Kori has a conversation with Roy Harper (who she is sleeping with/kind-of seeing at the time) where she is confused why it would be an issue for her to sleep with Jason also. She explains that monogamy isn't familiar to her and her people have very different customs. I think she says something about having a hard time telling humans apart, even. Add in her upbringing, and Kori never struck me as the long term monogamous type..

    I haven't seen any solicits for Dixon's BOP past the first three volumes, and the third has been out for a while. I hope they are continuing it, all the way to the end. I have most of the Simone stuff but I am missing the beginning of her run and the middle/end of Dixon's.

  14. #59
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I agree. There was a scene in Red Hood and the Outlaws where Kori has a conversation with Roy Harper (who she is sleeping with/kind-of seeing at the time) where she is confused why it would be an issue for her to sleep with Jason also. She explains that monogamy isn't familiar to her and her people have very different customs. I think she says something about having a hard time telling humans apart, even. Add in her upbringing, and Kori never struck me as the long term monogamous type..

    I haven't seen any solicits for Dixon's BOP past the first three volumes, and the third has been out for a while. I hope they are continuing it, all the way to the end. I have most of the Simone stuff but I am missing the beginning of her run and the middle/end of Dixon's.
    Yeah, I'm pretty irritated with the hold up on Birds of Prey reprints. At least give me the whole Simone first run - the first printings were on newsprint, and I'd like that in glossy!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

  15. #60
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty irritated with the hold up on Birds of Prey reprints. At least give me the whole Simone first run - the first printings were on newsprint, and I'd like that in glossy!
    Totally agree. We got four nice Secret Six "Complete Collections", which included the entire run, so it must have sold decently. I'd think BOP is a much more popular property, so getting their run reprinted shouldn't be a problem... hopefully. I mean both "Robin" and "Nightwing" by Dixon are at volume five and six respectively, so I'm holding out hope BOP gets continued.

    DC does a good job of starting these collections but doesn't finish them. We got two Ostrander "Spectre" books and two "Demon" books, but that's it. Same with "Batgirl" (Cassandra Cain), three volumes of that and nothing since. I'm hoping Giffen and Grant's "Lobo" gets finished, too.

    I guess it's a sales thing, Ostrander's "Suicide Squad' is up to volume seven, so DC doesn't mind going long with some books.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •