View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 50 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Since everyone is using outside comics, Dicktanna or Zack is allowed. They were totally friends with benefits. It's written over Wally's face. A no drama Dick relationship is to be cherished. I wish...
    It should be allowed, but beyond personal preferences I don't see why their brief and underdeveloped fling should be in a top 3 ahead of Babs. Dick and Babs were having other media romances long before YJ, and have a history in the comics during certain periods.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Grayson. So, yknow, not too long ago.

You're not wrong. Honestly I think nostalgia ruins most good things at DC. But DC also has this weird habit where they totally over-correct too. They'll wallow in their own past with no desire to move things forward from that familiar status quo.....until suddenly they throw a ridiculous new change at readers and Nightwing is now, I dunno, a space pirate hunting down Kryptonian colonies like Daxam because if he doesn't the multiverse will blow up (for reasons). And then in less than a year it's back to the standard status quo. Oh, and there'll be a costume change in there too, just because.

A writer would have to ride that wave, grab the book right when DC gets bored and decides to do something stupid, and then steer the "new direction" into territory that is not only sustainable, but is equitably successful, then convince DC management to let things stay that way instead of reverting to the old shape.

Difficult. Not quite impossible, but the stars would have to align just right.
    RIght I forgot about Grayson. Yeah but sometimes these new directions don't work like Guy Gardner's warrior phase, Kyle Rayner's White Lantern phase, Hal Jordan's destroyer phase, or Wonder Woman's secret agent and martial arts phase (though allegedly it sold well). Generally editorial should let the writer go wild and improve a stale property but the editors need to look it over and be sure it won't ruin the integrity of the property. Grayson is one of those things that could have taken Dick to the next level but DC just didn't realise that until ti was probably too late. There is still time to fix that if it ever occurs to DC to do it.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It should be allowed, but beyond personal preferences I don't see why their brief and underdeveloped fling should be in a top 3 ahead of Babs. Dick and Babs were having other media romances long before YJ, and have a history in the comics during certain periods.
    Even YJ did Dick/Babs.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Even YJ did Dick/Babs.
    Yeah, that too.

They totally boned in Weisman's last issue of the comic.

Spectacular Member

I was never a fan of Dick with Kori. Especially since he's been so guarded with his secret identity, having them together would blow the identity of everyone in the BatFamily.
    I would prefer Dick with Barbara. My other choices would be Flamebird (Bette Kane....hate the Hawkfire name), or Donna Troy who can walk the streets in normal clothes and not give away who she is. Maybe Jessica Cruz. But from the options available, I am definitely on Team Dick and Babs.
    Dick is so ensconced in the life, tby at he would need someone who is in it too or has been.

Tom King is gonna put DickBabs together between now and Batman 55/Nightwing 50 and after the spoilers for Batman 50 I just have zero interest in mainstream superhero relationships aside from F4, Nightwing and Batgirl would suffer from the comparison to the X Men marriage switch and jaded BatCat fans. DC is lead by someone who tried to end all marriages in DC Comics. Nightwing needs to finally figure out a lifestyle and career that would keep him balanced rather than get married. Dick is just a Superhero as he has no college education, several odd jobs, and constantly switches apartments but he will get involved in this Relationship drama. I am taking a step back from Bat books until shipmania ends.

Fantastic Member

The 'shipmania' willl never end as long has tom king writes a book. The guy is nothing but a shipper he can't write a solid story without a ship.

Mighty Member

I can't handle Dick and Babs. It's so boring, and it has failed a thousand times in the past. Another fail is coming... Why bother...

Fantastic Member

great leave dick alone king can't make romance believable do what you do well avoid your weaknesses work on them on titles that are not as important.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I can't handle Dick and Babs. It's so boring, and it has failed a thousand times in the past. Another fail is coming... Why bother...
    yeah, I'm with you on this. if Lobdell can make jason ad Artemis interesting in red hood in under 20 issues. I dont know why DC is failing badly with this ship.

I have come to notice so far, that the Dick and babs ship in comics has been poorly handle in general. and also l have noticed that most fans of it come from the 90s, during the hype of the batman animated series.
    The batman editors really dropped the ball on this ship. they backed themselves into a corner with the endgame rubbish, and they have so far failed to make this couple interesting to new fans.
    this ship is fast becoming like the superman and wonderwoman , right now they seem very forced. dc missed the opportunity to actually develop this ship at the start of n52 and failed.
    right now, they need to find Dick a new love interest that would actually work.
    Last edited by Moonwix; 07-02-2018 at 07:23 AM.

DC hasn't tried to make it work, their objective has been to just tease it. They know its a popular ship, and every writer that comes on both character wants to say something about it, but no one has wanted to really commit them to it or anything.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-02-2018 at 10:01 AM.

DC hasn't tried to make it work, their objective has been to just tease it. They know its a popular ship, and every writer that comes on both character wants to say something about it, but no one has wanted to really commit them to it or anything.
    This is my core issue with it. **** or get off the pot.

Extraordinary Member

they havent actualy dated since the new 52 began

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    This is my core issue with it. **** or get off the pot.
    I know right?? It's been years of "will they wont they" back and forth, with one of them having cold feet and backing out or the other.......it's f**king annoying.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I know right?? It's been years of "will they wont they" back and forth, with one of them having cold feet and backing out or the other.......it's f**king annoying.
    It's also getting very repetitive. At least Marvel gave us A wedding.