View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 52 of 104 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Debating it is pretty pointless since it's going to happen instead of Bruce/Selina, be badly handled and end irretrievably ruin them as an iconic couple after a couple of years when the editors force them to be divorced in some attempt to appease everyone but not satisfy anyone kind of way, just as they force the sudden wedding.

It'll happen with Rogue and Gambit and it'll happen with Dick and Babs.
    Rogue and Gambit should have happened a long time ago.

If the writers wanted to appease everyone they would go for Starfire x Dick x Babs instead of pitting the Dick x Starfire and Dick x Babs crowd against each other.

A Dick x Babs wedding would be seen as a cheap substitute for the Bruce x Selina wedding if it were to happen now.
    Last edited by king81992; 07-03-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Rogue and Gambit should have happened a long time ago.

If the writers wanted to appease everyone they would go for Starfire x Dick x Babs instead of pitting the Dick x Starfire and Dick x Babs crowd against each other.

A Dick x Babs wedding would be seen as a cheap substitute for the Bruce x Selina wedding if it were to happen now.
    That would be... distinctive.

...might as well toss in Donna whilst we're at it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    Yeah that's how bad this has gotten. The batman editors push the concept of an endgame to a story that would never end. We will never see the so called endgame of Dick and babs in continuity because there will never be an end to the batman franchise. .
    So the question 'how do you tell good stories with a couple that has been advertised they would be together no matter what,' you can't.

All we got so far is 12 years of ship teasing and bad drama and during this time DC in genenal started shipping Barbara with Bruce, Tim and Jason. Meanwhile, Dick and Kory got even more popular and grew a massive fandom.

Nightwing is now just stalk with this dead ship.. it ruins the potential for better relationships for Dick.
    You just said we will never see an endgame becasue their will never be an end
    therefore any relationship is doomed or a waste of time. There is no potential better relationship it would go the same way with anyone

Dick was never stuck in the bat mythos, he has the history to prove it. that history today is what is giving him the push in media.
    it s Barbara that is tried down to the bat mythos and would never become more than a sidekick and she continues to bring Dick down with her.
    Barbara is always gonna be tied to the bat mythos, and it's not a bad thing. She's a Gordon and established Batgirl as more than a sidekick.Barbara is enough of her own character to stand on her own even though she is a "bat". She's always played a role in the batfamily, and it's a not discredit to her, but a credit of her impact on the legacy of the batbooks.

For Dick's exclusion then he would no longer should be in place of conversations about who'll inherit the Bat mantle nor should expect to be included in the Robins team ups? The bat mythos makes up a big role in Dick's history so while I always think characters should evolve, denying their history is also...not good? I mean I don't want him stuck only in the Titans because that's his only title not under the bat banner.

Who inherits the Bat Mantle is irrelevant now, they have done a random person, Dick Grayson, Damian, Jason and Tim. Being Batman and not being Bruce Wayne is giving yourself a short run.

Would read, 4/5.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    Barbara is always gonna be tied to the bat mythos, and it's not a bad thing. She's a Gordon and established Batgirl as more than a sidekick.Barbara is enough of her own character to stand on her own even though she is a "bat". She's always played a role in the batfamily, and it's a not discredit to her, but a credit of her impact on the legacy of the batbooks.

For Dick's exclusion then he would no longer should be in place of conversations about who'll inherit the Bat mantle nor should expect to be included in the Robins team ups? The bat mythos makes up a big role in Dick's history so while I always think characters should evolve, denying their history is also...not good? I mean I don't want him stuck only in the Titans because that's his only title not under the bat banner.
    As far as these points go, Nightwing has simpler outlets beyond the bat-family, so in that regard, a DickBabs relationship could help her more than him. He has ties to Superman, the Justice League, the Titans, the Outsiders, the whole Grayson spy thing, etc.

Of course, if DC wanted to they could put Babs out there, but what I'm saying is Nightwing has a clearer narrative path outside the bat-family, IMO.

Pilates is his soulmate
    Look at dem glutes

Dick: she say do you love me I tell her only partly, I only love bed and my Pilates I’m
    Sorry
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Mighty Member

I voted for Batgirl - Barbara Gordon, but now I have regrets.
    After watching Teen Titans animated movies , Teen Titans vs. Justice League and Judas Contract, I prefer Starfire - Koriand'r.
    I got hooked by the latter movie.
    After going back and reading some of the New Titans comic books and realized how long and deep their romantic, relationship history is, I totally change my mind and wished that I voted for Starfire.
    Any poll that I see for now on, I am going to vote for Starfire.
    I hope that they get reunited in the comics.

I am sorry that Kory lost in this poll to Barbara, but at least it was very close.
    Last edited by Starrius; 09-01-2018 at 09:14 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    She's ahead of Kori by a hair... on a BATMAN board. Imagine if this poll had been on a Titans board. There would be no competition.
    I agree with you.
    I actually regret my voting for Barbara and wished that I had voted for Kori after watching the Teen Titans animated movie , Judas Contract and read some of the New Teen Titans comics.

I wonder what the poll would be like if it had been on a general DC board.

I chose Barbara because I was more familiar with her.

I thought that Starfire didn't fit for Dick because she was an alien with no secret identity.

I changed my mind. I think that I was being narrowminded.
    Now, I wish Dick and Kori would get back together in the comics.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This ship may once have been very popular 10 years ago, it pretty obvious it isn't today. Pointless Ship teases and silly drama killed the hype for this ship long ago.
    What non-biased evidence do we have to support this claim? People complaining about the ship teasing is not evidence that it has become unpopular. The fact that the cyclical nature of comics leads to things circling back around to Dick/Babs is a pretty good indication that it's not unpopular. If it wasn't, they wouldn't do it. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Babs winning is nonsense. These DickBabs lurkers cannot even defend their ship. That's how pointless the ship is. Dick is there to prop Babs. Babs has no other good ship, so they get Dick away from his own better ships. Why? Because Babs needs him. This is not a good ship, people. Dick has better options.
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    This. She needs him but he doesn't need her.
    I wouldn't say either one of them completely needs the other. And Dick only has two other viable ships to compete with it, Kory and to a lesser extent Helena, and those have their own sets of problems. Melodramatic soap opera writing was a big part of Dick and Kory's 80s romance.

Dick and Babs will always amount to nothing like it always does. but however, what we are guaranteed to get is a mountain of dull soap opera drama that will bore the fans to tears.
    As long as Dick needs to remain young and iconic and available to star in ongoing franchise superhero comics, no romance will amount to anything long term because they cannot end the game.

So all of these ships are equally pointless. If he's not having dull soap opera drama with Babs, he'd be having it with Kory or somebody else. It doesn't make sense to single out Babs.

Mighty Member

And by your logic, I'm curious to know your reasons/excuses has to why Dick/Babs was not push or promoted in the young justice animated show or the 3 batman movie's in the n52 universe. Since, Barbara is part of the core batfamily and she is the natural choice for a batman related adaptation because she and Dick are batman characters and Kory isn't.
    The 52 Universe Batman movies showed that Dick in a relationship with Kori.

George Perez and Wolfman (or maybe it was just Perez) wanted to give them a relationship after Who is Donna Troy?. Honestly I really wished that had happened. Rereading that story with that in mind really makes you see the romantic tension in there.

Dick talking about how he could've fallen so easily for her when they were the original Titans, Dick's determination to help her, the passionate fights they had, etc. I really think they would make one powerhouse of a couple. Referring to pre-flashpoint but I think new Donna can still work with a good writer at the helm of course.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    George Perez and Wolfman (or maybe it was just Perez) wanted to give them a relationship after Who is Donna Troy?. Honestly I really wished that had happened. Rereading that story with that in mind really makes you see the romantic tension in there.

Dick talking about how he could've fallen so easily for her when they were the original Titans, Dick's determination to help her, the passionate fights they had, etc. I really think they would make one powerhouse of a couple. Referring to pre-flashpoint but I think new Donna can still work with a good writer at the helm of course.
    Donna is ruined beyond repair for me because she's had so many origins. Besides, she and Dick look like Donny and Marie. I like Kory as the earth-mother type versus the nympho bimbo. I like Barbara when she's confident in herself and actually has something to offer Dick besides berating him.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Donna is ruined beyond repair for me because she's had so many origins. Besides, she and Dick look like Donny and Marie. I like Kory as the earth-mother type versus the nympho bimbo. I like Barbara when she's confident in herself and actually has something to offer Dick besides berating him.
    No one is ruined beyond repair. All it takes is one good run.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics