View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 58 of 104 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

How do you post comic pages that they appear big?
    I cannot seem to do it without them appearing very small, but I don't have that problem at comic vine.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Why in the world and how in the world is this thread still going? Just like all fictional characters Dick doesn't have a soulmate.he's in love with whichever lady his writers decide. If they manage to write a spectacular lovestory with Vicky Vale, Kory, Babs or Helena then that's it till the next writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    How do you post comic pages that they appear big?
    I cannot seem to do it without them appearing very small, but I don't have that problem at comic vine.
    That happens to me if I try to upload an image saved on my device. So instead, I upload the image to an image hosting site such as imgur and insert the image url.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Why in the world and how in the world is this thread still going? Just like all fictional characters Dick doesn't have a soulmate.he's in love with whichever lady his writers decide. If they manage to write a spectacular lovestory with Vicky Vale, Kory, Babs or Helena then that's it till the next writer.
    People like to talk about it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    spiderman has Maryjane
    superman has Lois
    Nightwing has Babs

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    spiderman has Maryjane
    superman has Lois
    Nightwing has Babs
    Nightwing has Babs/Kori.

Lets face it, both played integral parts to Dick's story, particularly his coming of age.

But, if not for the stupid "heroes can't be happy" cliche, Dick most likely marries Kori way back when.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Nightwing has Babs/Kori.

Lets face it, both played integral parts to Dick's story, particularly his coming of age.

But, if not for the stupid "heroes can't be happy" cliche, Dick most likely marries Kori way back when.
    I would face it but the thing is DC ended them they had a good run BUT it did not work out. Down the road she asked him if he loved her and he says no
    even in alternate universes.

so I see her more like gwen stacy, perhaps talia she like Finn's flame girl from adventure time
    it just doesn go the distance

But with babs they cant stay away from each other. The only reason they cant end together is because their story will quite literally never end
    superman is an exception because he came from a universe where that was ok
    Last edited by Rac7d*; 09-12-2018 at 03:14 PM.

I would face it but the thing is DC ended them they had a good run BUT it did not work out. Down the road she asked him if he loved her and he says no

so I see her more like gwen stacy, perhaps talia she like Finn's flame girl from adventure time

But with babs they cant stay away from each other. The only reason they cant end together is because their story will quite literally never end
    I agree, it's important to have romances that just don't end up working out. I personally see Kori as that romance, same way with Babs as Batgirl, if she was Oracle that's a different story.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I agree, it's important to have romances that just don't end up working out. I personally see Kori as that romance, same way with Babs as Batgirl, if she was Oracle that's a different story.
    Give it some time if that birds of prey movie and young justice is a hint
    Babs will be passing that down to cass soon

I know some people don't like it but this is where its at, then again with brain damdge and scott lobdell behind the wheel mabey dickfire has another shot
    Last edited by Rac7d*; 09-12-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Fantastic Member

You do know that page scan you keep using to make your point is from a comic written ten years ago and a time no longer in continuity.
    In the 10 years, Since that comic was written DC has promoted Dick and Kory more than ever and that is why the ship is very popular today. At the same time DC destroyed dick and Babs by shipping Babs with Bruce and Tim , so no DC did not end their relationship. DC still ships them big time. This is just your opinion.

The other guy is right, Kory and Barbara are equally Dick's love interest.

But at this point both relationship has been played out, we have all seen both endings of both women with Dick. I believe is time for something new, I'm still up for Donna or Karen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    You do know that page scan you keep using to make your point is from a comic written ten years ago and a time no longer in continuity.
    In the 10 years, Since that comic was written DC has promoted Dick and Kory more than ever and that is why the ship is very popular today. At the same time DC destroyed dick and Babs by shipping Babs with Bruce and Tim , so no DC did not end their relationship. DC still ships them big time. This is just your opinion.

The other guy is right, Kory and Barbara are equally Dick's love interest.

But at this point both relationship has been played out, we have all seen both endings of both women with Dick. I believe is time for something new, I'm still up for Donna or Karen.
    Sure fine we can keep it new 52 to current. Dick and kory had their time and in almost 10 years since the launch them coming back together has never ben entertained. Yet dick and babs are still swing on the bar so

I know you want to dismiss it but it the truth. and like I said even in alt universe this is how it goes for them
    I thought it was betty and veronica but but star is actualy Cheryl blossom

Fantastic Member

Sure fine we can keep it new 52 to current. Dick and kory had their time and in almost 10 years since the launch them coming back together has never ben entertained. Yet dick and babs are still swing on the bar so

I know you want to dismiss it but it the truth. and like I said even in alt universe this is how it goes for them
    I thought it was betty and veronica but but star is actualy Cheryl blossom
    You stated DC ended the ship and i just proved that they still do ship them and they have done so in the last decade. It's what DC is selling both ships. DC is not only the comics you know and yes it's just like betty and veronica but with two different franchises Titans and Batman.

You can't call Babs his only love interest, when the Titans franchise does not acknowledge Babs at all in Dick's life.
    Last edited by Moonwix; 09-12-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Mighty Member

Kory didn't plainly ask if Dick loved her with response of No. It wasn't asked simply as that as the comic shows.

Kory: Do you love me? In the way that means forever? In a way that we never have to find excuses?

Dick: No

Kory lives and experiences very deeply and far more intense than a human being, and so it would be natural for Dick to not feel as deeply and intense as her that he could not give her the answer that she wanted to hear

I just take it that Dick has denial about his own feelings for her. In the 1980s Teen Titan comics, he did deny about his romantic feelings to her in the past right before she started a relationship with Franklin who met her while she was doing model work. It wasn't until she was captured by Komand'r and beaten almost to death that he realized that he loved her. Another dangerous, near death experience could awaken the realization of his romantic feelings for her.

In the Starfire comic, Dick and Kory also shared a mutual passionate lip-lock kiss in the Starfire comic. That wasn't a kiss between friends. That was a kiss between lovers.

I actually liked his goodbye kiss to her on the cheek. It was done in a sweet and caring way. Obviously, she means a lot to him.

I just don't think Dick's connection with Barbara is just as profound and meaningful as the connection he had with Kory in the 1980s,1990s.

Barbara didn't help Dick with growth and maturity that Kory did. Kory and Dick are opposites that complement one another. They taught each other and learned from each other.

It's also possible to use the excuse that he has fear of being with an alien woman who challenges his values as well as is a threat to his secret identity.

He could think Barbara and any other human woman is safer and practical choice.

He's going with his only his head and not going with also his heart.

When they broke up back in 1993, it wasn't out of not loving each other any more. It was the result of evil Trigon influenced Raven crashing their wedding and killing the minister right before he pronounced them husband and wife and drove Kory crazy to the point that she did a spiritual initiation that led to an awakening that she became a shaman. She forgot her old life. When she regained her memories, she felt that Earth was no longer her home.

Of course, all this crap was the result of changing the happy wedding plans for Dick and Kory after Batman editorial office took back Dick from the Teen Titans editorial office.

The way that their relationship ended in 1993 could be something that blocks Dick from following his heart. He doesn't want to experience that pain when she left Earth.

He was actually sad when she left him a note telling her that she was leaving Earth when they working together in the Justice League shortly before she ended up in R.E.B.E.L.S

If I was a writer that bring them back together, I use those aforementioned events to factor into what's blocking Dick from getting together with Kory. I'd have Kory tell Dick how she really feels about him and all the pain that she's experienced from his not loving her. She angrily lashes out at Dick who reciprocates in kind and brings up the past events which leads to Kory walking out. For some time, they act like they cannot stand each other, but they are secretly just feeling hurt. They desire each other, but they don't want to admit it. It takes a dangerous mission that leads to life threatening event that makes them realize that they love and need each other.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    You stated DC ended the ship and i just proved that they still do ship them and they have done so in the last decade. It's what DC is selling both ships. DC is not only the comics you know and yes it's just like betty and veronica but with two different franchises Titans and Batman.

You can't call Babs his only love interest, when the Titans franchise does not acknowledge Babs at all in Dick's life.
    No you didnt proove anything. In the entirety of new 52 Star and dick have never come close to rekindling their romance, they did love each other but that is over now and they are friends.
    Teen titans animated seires is it own series in its own universe. Also I will counter you on it, with TTGO future forward showing dicks endgame being batgirl again
    We dont know how Titans will play out, Star and dick will fall in love again most lilkey but will they make it or will their romance fail again like it always does, Mabey they are not meant to be.
    I am saying that Starfire cant be like veronica becasue DC does not treat her in such
    Im not calling Babs his only love intrest he has had many, but she is that ONE the mary jane, the lois lane the catwoman etc

Fantastic Member

No you didnt proove anything. In the entirety of new 52 Star and dick have never come close to rekindling their romance, they did love each other but that is over now and they are friends.
    Teen titans animated seires is it own series in its own universe. Also I will counter you on it, with TTGO future forward showing dicks endgame being batgirl again
    We dont know how Titans will play out, Star and dick will fall in love again most lilkey but will they make it or will their romance fail again like it always does, Mabey they are not meant to be.
    I am saying that Starfire cant be like veronica becasue DC does not treat her in such
    Im not calling Babs his only love intrest he has had many, but she is that ONE the mary jane, the lois lane the catwoman etc
    Yeah i did. I said DC promoted the ship with( ie, The animated titans movie's and tv series, injustice2 game) in media. Since you failed to bring this up, dick and babs did not also rekindle their relationship too.
    Their relationship since the start of n52 as on been a ship tease and nothing more. Technical, Dick hasn't been a relationship both babs and kory in the comics since the reboot.

I knew you would bring up that parody in teen titans go. I was mainly talking about the comic books that pushes this endgame you speak of. Babs is hardly regarded in the Titans comics.
    She can't be the one, when she is hardly acknowledged in the other half of Dick's life. As for Lois and Mary Jane they are frequently acknowledged to in the justice league or the avengers. Ie the larger DC or marvel.

Babs may be the one has you claim but this is only in the batman franchise. That's why Dick's main love interest will always be both Kory and Babs.