View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 59 of 104 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

What does it matter, nothing matters anymore. "Grayson’s" soul is doomed...

Mighty Member

Nightwing Mini Series Plans 1991
    Posted by Nightwing on Feb 4, 2012 in Library, Titans Hunt Era: Archives (1991-1995

There was a planned NIGHTWING mini-series planned as far back as 1991; Originally, it was going to be done by Art Thibert. There was even a promo-poster for it in TITANS $ELLOUT SPECIAL. It eventually was scrapped and Nightwing later had a mini series by Dennis O’Neil and Greg Land in 1995.

The Plot: Art Thibert on the Nightwing Mini-Series

I asked Art Thibert about the aborted Nightwing mini-series at the 4th Annual New York International Sci-Fi & Fantasy Creators Convention in 2003. He told me the whole overview.

As the mini-series opened, Starfire confronted Nightwing about ‘where their relationship was heading’. They had been dating for a few years and reached the point in their relationship where it had to take the next big step. Before any decisions were made, an alien invasion threatened the earth, taking Starfire hostage. Nightwing investigated and started formulating a plan to stop the invasion and rescue Starfire.

Meanwhile, the other heroes in the DC Universe learned of the alien threat and mounted a counter-offense. But Batman stopped them from taking any action when he realized Nightwing already had the situation accessed and was confident his former sidekick could handle it on his own.

Nightwing is able to reach the aliens and stop the invasion – as well as rescue Starfire. The mini-series would end with Nightwing cradling Starfire in his arms, emerging from the alien stronghold. A crowd of DC heroes would part to watch Nightwing emerge with Starfire in his arms, having defeated the alien threat. Now reunited with Kory, Nightwing proposes marriage and she accepts.

The mini was geared to establish Nightwing’s ‘coming of age’ as a major, competant hero in the DC Universe. Art Thibert said Marv Wolfman read the overview to the mini-series and approved it. Unfortunately, there was a major editorial shift and Thibert was offered a very lucrative offer from MARVEL to do CABLE. With NIGHTWING in doubt, Thibert opted to take the CABLE assignment, much to the loss of Titans fans.
    http://www.titanstower.com/nightwing...es-plans-1991/
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    What does it matter, nothing matters anymore. "Grayson’s" soul is doomed...
    Wow... it's really bad when you also mope in a shipping forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    spiderman has Maryjane
    superman has Lois
    Nightwing has Babs
    Didn't Clark also have Diana and Lana?
    Don't read Spiderman but wasn't there someone called Gwen?
    Fictional Characters don't have soulmates especially comic characters who are at the mercy of various writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wow... it's really bad when you also mope in a shipping forum
    This is me now. The world has become an abyss, and darkness is all I see.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-13-2018 at 04:15 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Fictional Characters don't have soulmates especially comic characters who are at the mercy of various writers.

the person is trying to make a point that Barbara is the definitive love interest of Nightwing just like Mary Jane is the definitive love interest of Spider-Man and Lois is the definitive love interest of Superman

but it's not a good argument
    Kory was the love interest of Robin/Nightwing from 1980 to 1994, and they were one of the most iconic couples in DC comics, and there was a plan for them to be married until there were editorial changes.

as somebody else made a point
    the shipping is split between Barbara and Kory when you consider not only the comics but also things outside comics
    there is the Teen Titans show that helped increased the popularity of Dick/Kory ship
    there is the Animated Movies including especially the Teen Titans: Judas Contract showing Kory as the girlfriend of Dick and that also helped increased the popularity of Dick/Kory ship
    there is also the live action Titan show to consider
    there is also Injustice 2

hey.....I used to prefer Barbara and voted for Barbara , but now I prefer Kory and wished that I could change my vote to Kory after watching Teen Titans: Judas Contract and reading many of the 1980s,1990s Teen Titan, Titan comics
    After reading about the retcons that were used to pump up Barbara as the love of Dick's life and diminish the significance of Kory's history with Dick and make Kory look like the bad girl that got in good girl Barbara's way, I am starting to strongly dislike (I don't believe in hating) the Dick/Barbara pairing. I won't say anything bad about it because I don't want to put down a pairing in order to defend the one that I like. If I have to do that, then all that says that I am insecure about the pairing that I prefer.
    I also noticed some people were slut-shaming Kory, and that irritated me. She's a lot more than just the clothes that she wears as a superhero, and she wears normal clothes plenty of times in the comics.
    I actually strongly dislike the superhero attire that she had on, but I was able to look past that and see that she's a character with a lot of depth and layers.
    Last edited by Starrius; 09-13-2018 at 05:15 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Clark only has Diana for like... 5 years, so it's not really a comparison to Lois who's been his love since the beginning. Lana was established as Clark's first love, but pretty much everyone agree he's gonna end up with Lois. She's mainly featured during his past in Smallville.
    Gwen is Peter's first love, but she's been dead long before today's generation. She's only recently become popular again because of the alternate universe Spider-Gwen and the Amazing Spider-Man movies where she's the love interest.
    Nightwing is the only one I know who has 2 love interest with equal chance and equally passionate fan base which include the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This is me now. The world has become an abyss, and darkness is all I see.
    Are your eyes open?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Those relationships are had long runs and iconic but they come to end to make way for the definite

The debate will never end between Babs and Kori but the more important question right now is. What happens to the supposed love triangle or Vicki after Lobdell?

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The debate will never end between Babs and Kori but the more important question right now is. What happens to the supposed love triangle or Vicki after Lobdell?
    When dick looses his memory he won’t know who Vicky is
    Nor is she essential enough to prioritize in whatever his rehabilitation is

When dick looses his memory he won’t know who Vicky is
    Nor is she essential enough to prioritize in whatever his rehabilitation is
    Unless Lobdell deems her to be. We have no idea if this idea is till going to happen or if he is doing his own spin on it or if the original idea is being kept.

Those relationships are had long runs and iconic but they come to end to make way for the definite
    You see I don't see any definite. It all comes down to who gets a good story and who get popular. If there was a Nigthwing movie with Shawna as the love interest then the landscape could change. In a few years lord know who knows what might be. Kory and Babs are the better known ones but I wouldn't call either his soul mate because it isn't set in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Clark only has Diana for like... 5 years, so it's not really a comparison to Lois who's been his love since the beginning. Lana was established as Clark's first love, but pretty much everyone agree he's gonna end up with Lois. She's mainly featured during his past in Smallville.
    Gwen is Peter's first love, but she's been dead long before today's generation. She's only recently become popular again because of the alternate universe Spider-Gwen and the Amazing Spider-Man movies where she's the love interest.
    Nightwing is the only one I know who has 2 love interest with equal chance and equally passionate fan base which include the writers.
    I would say that the SmWw base rivals the Clois which is amazing because that pairing [SMWW] doesn't even work.
    The popularity o the SMWW and how quickly it became popular shows just how easy love interests can become "soulmates".

I would say that the SmWw base rivals the Clois which is amazing because that pairing [SMWW] doesn't even work.
    The popularity o the SMWW and how quickly it became popular shows just how easy love interests can become "soulmates".
    Outside of the Injustice series there hasn't really been any huge Wonder/Superman stuff out there. I honestly forgot that this happened in the comics.