View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 7 of 104 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Me.

For 2nd place, I'm okay with Starfire or Helena. I like how opposites attract.

Way to go Star, did not expect the votes to be this close.

While I generally like Starfire more than babs, the main reason I prefer her is that her larger than life / alien status better fits what I want Dick Grayson to be. Babs (by no fault of her own) generally leads to him being more caged to the bat family.

Babs isn’t particularly popular on these boards. I’m surprised she has the votes she has.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Way to go Star, did not expect the votes to be this close....
    Nor did I when I first posted this poll. I expected one or the other to win by a fairly healthy margin. Just goes to show how divided the fanbase is on the issue.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Babs isn’t particularly popular on these boards. I’m surprised she has the votes she has.
    I think Oracle is better regarded then Babs currently is, and most of her romance with Dick was depicted during her time as Oracle, so I think that probably plays a part.

I'm wondering what this says more about (editorial, that is). The idea of Dick and Oracle (I did read just a smidge) was to me, what love can be; (like Wanda said to Vision, decades ago; "Love is for souls, not bodies").

But now without that story, what would Dick and Babs' love be like?

To some degree I also agree with the poster who likes him with Kory because she takes him to another place, so to speak, the bigger part of the DC universe, with a bigger than life S.O.

But I could get that with the NW/FB coupling too; it has ties to Krypton, Kandor, Superman, etc. (especially since hardly anyone ever brings up Bette's past as The First Bat-Girl).

Kory doesn’t really take him to another place though. She’s primarily a Titans character, and the Titans is a place Dick can already go on his own. She doesn’t really give him connections he doesn’t already have. Same goes for Bette. She doesn’t actually have ties to Krypton, Kandor, or Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Byrant View Post
    Batgirl. I thought that Starfire was tim's.

Everyone knows Barbara like them young

BANNED

Kory doesn’t really take him to another place though. She’s primarily a Titans character, and the Titans is a place Dick can already go on his own. She doesn’t really give him connections he doesn’t already have. Same goes for Bette. She doesn’t actually have ties to Krypton, Kandor, or Superman.
    One reason why I like Supergirl or Powergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I may be out of the loop myself; I don't recall a specific age change with Bette, though you're right, some older 2000-ish Titans may have put her at Tim's age.

In Elegy (Batwoman) it's mentioned that Bette has enrolled at a Gotham university after moving to G from California, I think. I think the inference is that she transferred, so she may not be entry college age.

I still want to put her closer to Dick, so therefore it works for me. Any semblance of a 'ship between Tim and Bette seems to be long gone as well.
    It could just be me. Ive never been Bette's biggest fan and don't pay a lot of attention to her.

And as for Kori (or Power Girl or whatever meta/alien/sci-fi hero) no, Dick doesnt *need* them to open up the bigger places of the DCU. Dick can, and has, gone there on his own. But having a girlfriend from those bigger places does open up new ways to bring those stories to Dick.

I like Babs just fine, dont get me wrong. But...I dunno. It would feel like both of them settled, I guess? I did like her better as Oracle too, but that's besides the point.

I still prefer Kori, or better yet, a new face (like POWER GIRL!)
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Agreed that Dick doesn't NEED them. But it'd be nice to have a Superman Family link for him, too. Are Power Girl and Supergirl both Superman's cousins and on Earth Prime?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    No dick doesn't NEED a woman for that, but if he's going to have a love interest it should be one that promotes those things. Like if nightwing was on a team full of non powered hero's (babs) his going to be getting alot more street level storys vs if nightwing was on a team that have superpowered hero's (starfire) like wally and donna he's going to get alot more super adventures.

hell look at batman's storys between catwoman and wonder woman. one gives him alot of street storys the other gives him alot of epic storys when paired, because that's what those dynamics promotes.

I like dick and babs as friends, but what nightwing needs to grow is not what the character of batgirl helps promote. batgirl is about expanding batman reach (shadow) but at the same time nightwing is about dick being his own man

don't get me wrong nightwing should always be connected to batman and I love it, but nightwing should be with someone who promotes and connects him to the greater DCU where all his best friends (wally and donna) and extended family (superfam, rose ect.) all are, and not just tie him down to the batverse.
    Then why cant he do that Have street stories with Batgirl and super powered adventures with kori
    aside from Kori not being able to carry a book on her own

it doesnt even need to be kori, he could do adventures like that with Wally, superman, everyone loves Dick I jsut wish DC would remember

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Then why cant he do that Have street stories with Batgirl and super powered adventures with kori
    aside from Kori not being able to carry a book on her own

it doesnt even need to be kori, he could do adventures like that with Wally, superman, everyone loves Dick I jsut wish DC would remember
    This. EVERYONE LOVES DICK--except DC Editorial. I'll fork over the hard cash for anything with Dick Grayson in it. DC could get a LOT more money out of me than it does.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Kory takes him out of Gotham though. That doesn't really change the fact that the Titans franchise needs a major shakeup so hooking him up with her wouldn't automatically lead to anything new either. But Barbara will always be in Gotham, and in the shadow of the Bat.

Not that I think pairing him up with Babs necessarily has to tie him down to Gotham (or worse, Bludhaven) at all, but it does still happen.

This is true, Starfire has potential as a cosmic character that Batgirl does not.

And at the very least, Starfire is tied to the titans team that isn't just a mausoleum aside from Dick and Wally.