View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 92 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1559
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Speaking of sleeping around, I heard from the other side of the fandom, that they don't like Dick is depicted as a ladies man because around Starfire's time he's depicted as someone who can sleep with someone he truly loves, but somewhere along the way he gained a reputation of being a manwhore.
    I feel the same way, and I agree with them

Dick was no man whore type until years after the Wolfman Titans run (1980 to 1996) was over
    he even stressed to Kory how he is a one woman man right before he proposed to her

before his relationship with Kory, he had two girlfriends when he went to college - Lori Elton and Jennifer Anne
    Both of them were fellow Hudson University students
    Lori dumped him for another man who turned out to be bad
    then he shortly dated Jennifer, but their relationship was over right before Wolfman Titans run started
    Jennifer was in 6 comic issues of Detective Comics, and the last issue was 2 months before the start of the Wolfman run
    Lori appeared in the Batman Family comics.

When Dick finally revealed his romantic love feelings to Kory in New Teen Titans issue #26, he pointed out that he had just gotten out of a romance with a woman that he thought he cared about
    I guess that he was referring to Jennifer Anne.
    She was his last girlfriend before he got into a relationship with Kory.
    Last edited by Starrius; 01-04-2019 at 03:09 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Kinda flies in the face of her Joker obsession or her supposed relationship with Ivy.
    Nah, she banged Deadshot when New 52 started, so her Joker focus doesn't necessarily means she's monogamous, and I think her relationship with Ivy is pretty open too.

I'm not reading that Harley series, but when I heard they were married I just figured there was a point in Dick's life where he was drunk or concussed in Vegas and Harley took her chance.

Kinda flies in the face of her Joker obsession or her supposed relationship with Ivy.
    Cant say I'm coming at this from a position of being super knowledgeable about Harley, but I do think the Joker obsession is something she's past, right? if not entirely past, she's no longer his crony. Can't say anything about the Ivy relationship.

Speaking of sleeping around, I heard from the other side of the fandom, that they don't like Dick is depicted as a ladies man because around Starfire's time he's depicted as someone who can sleep with someone he truly loves, but somewhere along the way he gained a reputation of being a manwhore.
    I'd say that's a fair criticism. I never read much of the NTT run, I keep meaning to. It defintely feels likethecharacter has changed and evolved since then to be more in line with his youthful humor back from his Robin days.

She's past the thing with the Joker. Mostly, anyway. And her and Ivy are mostly just friends with benefits. They keep each other company when neither is involved with anyone else. There's definitely an emotional bond there but its Harls and Ivy so it's.....weird. But Harls had a love interest in her own book (I forget the guy's name) until he was killed by the mayor of New York. I dunno if she's got her eye on anyone else currently. Point is, she's well past the Joker and Ivy isn't a barrier.

As for Dick sleeping around, I wouldn't call him a man whore. He's had a couple one night stands but he's largely still written as someone who'd rather be in a committed relationship than having casual sex. I dislike the idea of labeling him as a man whore just because he's not a complete prude.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah dick is Fit, Petty and has super high libido in his early 20's!!! Give the poor guy a break .

BANNED

I like the idea of Dick having morals, and really wanting to meet Miss Right.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

We can settle with serial monogamy. No one night stands, but a series of serious long-term relationships that don't work out.

BANNED

We can settle with serial monogamy. No one night stands, but a series of serious long-term relationships that don't work out.
    That sounds good. Actually, that pretty much describes Dick's love life, with the exceptions of the occasional Agent 8 or movie with Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And as far as one night stands go, she largely fits Dick's MO. Ethically challenged, unpredictable, violent, dangerous, at least half crazy, and she's got a great ass. I mean, all of those things fit Huntress and Tarantuala to.
    risky move, bringing up Tarantula. For real though, I like the concept of her character, but I think she is too tarnished bc of previous... well... yeah.

And tbf, I don't see Dick as a sleep around type, so much as an always having the best intentions going in, but sometimes realizing that he made a terrible decision needing to cut things off after a night.

Though with Harley I think it would just be sheer sexual tension come to a head. And I like the idea of it being a somewhat recurring "I can't believe we did this again," kinda thing.
    Last edited by dropkickjake; 01-03-2019 at 09:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    risky move, bringing up Tarantula. For real though, I like the concept of her character, but I think she is too tarnished bc of previous... well... yeah.

And tbf, I don't see Dick as a sleep around type, so much as an always having the best intentions going in, but sometimes realizing that he made a terrible decision needing to cut things off after a night.

Though with Harley I think it would just be sheer sexual tension come to a head. And I like the idea of it being a somewhat recurring "I can't believe we did this again," kinda thing.
    Good post with good points. If Tarantula comes back, I will puke.

Extraordinary Member

They better not wait until the end of the season to wheel out Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They better not wait until the end of the season to wheel out Oracle
    She'll show up, I do really like how she is a constant presence even though we haven't see her as Oracle yet.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I definitely never need to see her again. I'm just saying, Dick has a certain type and he's let himself get into questionable situations with crazy (yet sexy) chicks.

He's definitely not a "sleep around like its nothing" kind of guy. He's far from being like Ollie. Way back when DC did all those pulp annuals, Dick didn't sleep with his "fiance" because he was deep undercover and didn't want to mislead the woman. But he's no stranger to a one night stand either.

Seems to me like he vastly prefers monogamy and serious relationships above all other options. If that's not an option he'll sleep with an ex (like Kori) or a woman he's close to; so not casual sex but more than a one night stand with a stranger; there's still an emotional connection there. If that's not an option, a one night stand will do in a pinch. And if he's at that point then odds are the girl in question is going to be bat sh*t crazy.

I think Dick would hate himself for it every single time. And that would probably just make Harley more interested in doing it again sometime. lol
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.