View Poll Results: Which One Is The Lucky Girl?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batgirl - Barbara Gordon

61 51.26%
  • Starfire - Koriand'r

58 48.74%
Page 96 of 104 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1559
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    LOL, no doubt.
    I wish DC would just forget about the age issue. It's impossible to maintain so why not ignore it? The characters are serial in nature and they can't age like real people. "There is no explanation. Deal with it."

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    There's only one way to get Mar'i Grayson...
    Call in Dr. M and have Mar’i Grayson suddenly exist in the DCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Call in Dr. M and have Mar’i Grayson suddenly exist in the DCU?
    You're not far off.

10 missing years, and already we've had 2 1/2 speedsters pop out of the Speed Force. A little "abra kadara", Dick and Kor'i had a kid, remain friends but still both support the kid, and we get Mar'i Grayson and DiDio gets a migraine because it would make Bruce a grandpa!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You're not far off.

10 missing years, and already we've had 2 1/2 speedsters pop out of the Speed Force. A little "abra kadara", Dick and Kor'i had a kid, remain friends but still both support the kid, and we get Mar'i Grayson and DiDio gets a migraine because it would make Bruce a grandpa!
    I wouldn't mind Didio getting migraines. He's certainly given me a few.

Mighty Member

[QUOTE
    As far as Kori I think that ship sailed back in the 80s and like all the attempts to re-catch the lightning in the bottle of the 1980s with Titans I think Dick and Kori have been all they can be.

.[/QUOTE]

Dick and Kory (Kori is the New52 spelling) were broken up in 1994

They were each other's love interest from 1980 to 1994
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

It's not as if DC has had problems regurgitating old plotlines in the past. That's the Happy Hunting Ground for all the stuff going on currently.

I am just more and more convinced that with Dick Grayson and romance they need to look somewhere other than the traditional two.

Both Dick and Barbara and Dick and Kory have their strong points and proponents, but they both have their negatives.

With Dick and Barbara the biggest thing that makes them not work is that they are in different books with different writers who have different priorities. Like right now Batgirl is producing some of the best Batgirl stories to come out in a while, meanwhile in Nightwing, Dick has been reborn as Ric 'I am a hobo, bum Jason Todd' Grayson. So Batgirl is focused on being great and Nightwing is focused on seeing just how bad they can make things before the book falls to cancellation levels.

As for Dick and Kory I think that both of them need to be involved with other people for a while before they are given another run. I know that Nu52 Kory kind of got around and was with Roy and that since Dick and Kory there has been the Dick and Barbara thing along with the creepy Dick/Tarantula, and then after that the Dick/who ever the writer wanted to put him with phase.

I just would like to see Dick involved in something more than six issues or 1 story arch with someone other than the two of them. (Of course that would be after he's actually Dick Grayson again.)
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

BANNED

When I was a kid (shortly after World War II ended, but before the Korean War started), there was a little fad called Cruelty Jokes. The one I'm thinking of goes like this:

"Mama, Mama, I can't stop going around in circles!"
    "Shut up or I'll nail your other foot to the floor!"

The whole DC line of books could stand a big shot of fresh ideas because they just keep going back to the same old stuff, and it's more diluted and lower quality every time.

As for Dick being turned into Jason, I would venture to disagree. True, Jason did live on the streets as a child, and for a brief time after he clawed his way out of the grave--BUT these situations were not his chosen lifestyle and he has bettered his own position every time he's kicked down. Ric, however, is like a boar wallowing in a pig sty--he LIKES to live in filth and squalor. Or, if he happens to feel like being under a roof for the night, breaking into houses, stealing food, and nastying up the place (ie, vandalism)? Is THIS the real Dick Grayson that we're only just beginning to meet for the very first time? It implies that "circus people" are trash--perhaps people of Romani descent, as well. It also makes me fear greatly for Jason and Damian along with Dick--because Bendis and Didio want Tim to be the only viable current or ex Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Then everybody will be beeyatching that Mar'i is aging Nightwing and therefore Batman.
    No everyone, only Didio. Everyone else seems to understand that age is something you largely ignore.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    No everyone, only Didio. Everyone else seems to understand that age is something you largely ignore.
    I saw some interiew on DC Daily/youtube where all Didio wanted to talk about was the interviewer's socks. I'm glad he's interested in SOMETHING.

How is he still employed after all this time?
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    How is he still employed after all this time?
    Because it's about who you know and not what you can do the higher up your position is. Doesn't matter the industry.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Because it's about who you know and not what you can do the higher up your position is. Doesn't matter the industry.
    My old dad always said, "Getting a job is usually just a matter of being in the right place at the right time."

Extraordinary Member

DC just did the cutest little article for valentines day

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...-and-Nightwing

I cant wait for the ric plotline to end

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I cant wait for the ric plotline to end
    I think I'm going to make this part of my signature.