Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Okay, I'm onboard with Iron Man. They've been trying to turn him into a villain for years now, so they might as well quit half-assing it and take the plunge. I'm always in favor of an Extremis storyline; the biggest mistake they made was taking it away from Tony. It was the first truly interesting thing Marvel had done with Iron Man in years.

For God's sake, though... can we at least have a competent Tony Stark for a change? I'd read the Hell out of an anti-heroic Iron Man, as long as he isn't some kind of buffoon. This is Marvel, though, so I really have no confidence in their ability to do it.

Fantastic Member

Don't mean to be too cynical but the new Thor, Iron Man, and Cap are temporary. Will probably be another big reboot where the "real" characters come back into those roles around May of next year in time for the Avengers movie. We'll probably see brand new Thor, Iron Man, and Cap number one issues at that point. Probably a relaunch of the Avengers as well. That would give Hickman a year to finish his run. If there's any hope on Marvel's part of expanding Avengers comic sales, they need to make a comic that is more reader-friendly. I'm a fan of Hickman's Avengers, but it's not very accessible and this needs to change. I'm predicting a streamlined Avengers team in time for the movie.

Having said all of this, I plan to buy the new Thor and Cap comics and applaud Marvel for trying new things
    Last edited by Bluebolt1967; 07-17-2014 at 08:07 AM.

BANNED

I still don't get why Iron Man, perhaps the easiest sell of any character for a gender/race lift, remains the same while the other trinity members are changed.

Quote Originally Posted by aloe View Post
    For those reading the "Inhuman" title, how is this Dante character so far?

Only two titles in I know, but does the character have potential?
    Dante isn't the main character of Inhuman, it's more of an ensemble piece, but the book is good. He hasn't actually set himself on fire on purpose yet, but Gorgon is helping, and I think he can go places. I wish he was black in fiery form like on the #2 cover though, that would be cooler looking, and make him seem less like a flightless Human Torch.
    Last edited by ImprobableQuestion; 07-17-2014 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    how can they expect people to buy superior ironman if it's just ripping off superior spider-man except Tony Stark has no excuse for why he's being such a terrible person now....at least with Parker you know that Doc Ock Took Over his body for almost 2 years and ruled new york with an iron fist

but here it just seems like Tony just felt like giving California the middle finger
    Maybe he's the billionaire who wants to split it off into six states.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I noticed that Inhumans wasn't listed among the october solicits, so I'm wondering if there's going to be an announcement at SDCC about it.
    Actually, the full solicit list shows #7 coming out.

http://www.newsarama.com/21573-marve...citations.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    Actually, the full solicit list shows #7 coming out.

http://www.newsarama.com/21573-marve...citations.html
    Actually, i forgot about it, which should tell you something.

How dare they ruin my comics with their political correctness??
    I pay good money for static, reliable power fantasies - not for your cultural diversity, or your Hilary Clintons. Harrumph harrumph!

Quote Originally Posted by empsolo View Post
    Where are my asian characters? Every time a new minority character is created or pushed to the headlines the person is usually black. Even though Asians like myself make up a good portion of this country's demographics. How is this diversity again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I can't be the only one who laughed at this obvious goalpost move. Also, Shang Chi currently has a mini-series, and Nico and Hazmat have been rather notable in Avengers Undercover.
    Also Amadeus Cho turned up recently in Savage Wolverine, and there's 75% of the cast of Disney-Marvel's animated feature Big Hero 6.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

On a positive note, I did like the design of the new Iron Man armour, though, IMHO, it could have used a little bit more color. Still will be skipping all this as much as I can, though. Not interested.

Peace

BANNED

People who don't really want to see diversity love to claim that they're all for diversity, just not the way it's being handled. You know, "I'd be all for this if they went about it some other way but if they're doing it like this, then I have to disapprove." But really, the underlining point is that they just don't want it at all. But they can't come out and say that so finding some vague fault in the approach helps them dodge being labeled as a bigot while still criticizing the fact that females and non-whites are encroaching on "their" territory.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian from Canada View Post
    As someone who has read much of Captain America's adventures (including the 40s and 50s runs), I find the notion of Sam Wilson becoming Captain America absurd because
    1 - Sam Wilson has never expressed the desire to rise higher in the military ranks,
    2 - Sam Wilson has never been much of a team leader the way Captain America has, and
    3 - in the modern times, Captain America has to be more than just a guy in the suit: there is a unique physique to it.
    It really seems arbitrary, a kind of "quick, let's get a new Cap who's not white. That'll catch attention!"
    1) That doesn't mean he can't feel compelled to rise to the occasion when Steve asks him to.
    2) People can't change? Certainly one of the interesting aspects to this will be seeing how Sam will fill Steve's shoes.
    3) "Unique physique"? Being to kick ass should do it and Sam's more than capable of that.
    4) Many comic fans always decry any change as being "arbitrary" or a "stunt". If it were up to them, the status quo would be locked in permanently.

BANNED

I myself will be picking up all three of the new titles (Iron, Cap and Thor) since they all sound intriguing.

Avengers NOW? I don't see that many Avengers in the promo. Medusa and Dante are Inhumans, Angela is (or was?) a Guardian of the Galaxy and Deathlok isn't an Avenger.
    I also don't see Strange, Ant-Man and Bucky as Avengers characters per se, but at least they used to be members of the team.
    I really hope that isn't a new Avengers team as it would be an extremely redundant line-up (Angela/Thor, Falcap/Bucky/Deathlok, Strange/Wanda etc), but I don't think that's the case.
    I wonder if we'll get an X-men NOW as well?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Avengers NOW? I don't see that many Avengers in the promo. Medusa and Dante are Inhumans, Angela is (or was?) a Guardian of the Galaxy and Deathlok isn't an Avenger.
    I also don't see Strange, Ant-Man and Bucky as Avengers characters per se, but at least they used to be members of the team.
    I really hope that isn't a new Avengers team as it would be an extremely redundant line-up (Angela/Thor, Falcap/Bucky/Deathlok, Strange/Wanda etc), but I don't think that's the case.
    I wonder if we'll get an X-men NOW as well?
    I wish.I think the X-Men (and spinoff) comics as such a convoluted mess that they would actually benefit from being rebooted somehow and streamlined. There are so many teams, with characters on multiple teams, that it's difficult to tell what's going on. I'd love to see a series set in the past with the original X-Men and a current series with a group resembling the new X-Men team from the 1980s, with some different characters but with a well-defined cast. Oh, and Bendis should go away and write something else...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    That's Inferno from Inhuman not Sunfire
    Between his bulging brawn and those tattered shorts I briefly worried, between pouring over the picture and actually reading the article, that their next high-concept relaunch would be The Inflammable Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptid View Post
    Between his bulging brawn and those tattered shorts I briefly worried, between pouring over the picture and actually reading the article, that their next high-concept relaunch would be The Inflammable Hulk.
    Well, there's a reason it's called Preperation-H.