Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    I really don't see how someone can claim to be a long time Captain America reader and then say Sam isn't a scrapper. He's been shown holding his own alongside Cap for decades. Falcon was trained in hand to hand combat by camp from the very beginning of their partnership.
    agreed. i also can't see how people say Falcon has no right to take over for Steve. or that he doesn't have the cred. remember when the title was called Captain America and The Falcon? people here always claim the writers are ignorant of continuity...fans are just as guilty.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    Been reading and collecting for 40 years now, and I have to say that this announcement is the single biggest stunt I've ever seen. A crashing title wave, and there's no build up as has been mentioned before. I've liked these characters, but what Marvel is doing with them now just feels so alien. My money is going to the indies doing really fresh great things, like Image, Dynamite, Valiant, Dark Horse and Vertigo.

I'm convinced Marvel is setting up to reboot, and I'll probably come back for that, otherwise, it's not my Marvel anymore. Continuity is dead and the characters I loved are unrecognizable.
    You're contradicting yourself here. You want "fresh" things that aren't "alien," but Marvel characters should stay as they've always been?

Interesting development, though I must admit that I wouldn't have guessed that was Inferno from a glance and I read Inhuman so... but that might be because its still only on its second issue. Once the book picks up steam that might change. I doubt these will be permanent changes and more of a temporary thing but more representation is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    agreed. i also can't see how people say Falcon has no right to take over for Steve. or that he doesn't have the cred. remember when the title was called Captain America and The Falcon? people here always claim the writers are ignorant of continuity...fans are just as guilty.
    What's funny about it is that when Bucky took over as Cap I clearly remember people saying they would have preferred if Sam became Cap.

Falcon Cap is not going to have his falcon wings?
    Come on! What a waste! He could have been more murica than steve if his cap had eagle wings that opened up and let him fly.
    what a waste.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Actually, i forgot about it, which should tell you something.
    The delays have been killer on that book, but it's Joe Mad.

Stegman should help with that problem.

Astonishing Member

I'm so glad I'm not an Avengers fan. If they pulled this with the Justice League or the X-Men (sans Wolverine) I'd be so annoyed.

These "Iconic" characters have been replaced on multiple occasions. sweeping changes have been made in the past and fans have been able to deal with it.

While all of them being changed hasn't happened at the exact same time there has been some overlap at times. This is nothing new.

And everyone who has read comics for an extended period of time should know these changes wont be permanent, so there's really no reason to be complaining about these things. You should be used to it by now.
    The point wasn't that characters are being replaced. It happens, I know. It was that they're pulling these stunts to a ridiculous degree. Hell we just got Spider-Man and Nightcrawler back a few months ago and now they're doing this. It's starting to feel like something that they'd pull over in Ultimate Marvel where they pull a change on the fly just for the sake of change rather than it actually being good storytelling.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Falcon Cap is not going to have his falcon wings?
    Come on! What a waste! He could have been more murica than steve if his cap had eagle wings that opened up and let him fly.
    what a waste.
    He is keeping the wings. Don't know where you saw otherwise.

“Historically, Falcon would often act as air support, flying Steve into the battle. Why not merge the two? He pops the wings, and as he flies, he keeps the shield latched onto his back. He dives down onto the scene, hurls the shield, wings retract, and rolls into a kick or jump, catches the shield on the way back. He doesn’t have the super soldier serum, but he has the added zing-zang-zoom of flight.”
    http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/7...#ixzz37koLw2Ky
    Last edited by Dog; 07-17-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    I'm so glad I'm not an Avengers fan. If they pulled this with the Justice League or the X-Men (sans Wolverine) I'd be so annoyed.
    They've done things like this with the justice league before....

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    He is keeping the wings. Don't know where you saw otherwise.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/7...#ixzz37koLw2Ky
    Oh, ok, AWESOME!

Now they need to finish that storyline from The Truth and have it so everyone knows about the black super soldiers, bring some of that cast over for an arc or two and this will be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The point wasn't that characters are being replaced. It happens, I know. It was that they're pulling these stunts to a ridiculous degree. Hell we just got Spider-Man and Nightcrawler back a few months ago and now they're doing this. It's starting to feel like something that they'd pull over in Ultimate Marvel where they pull a change on the fly just for the sake of change rather than it actually being good storytelling.
    They've done stuff like this before...

Do you remember Heroes Reborn? The Age of Apocalypse? Avengers Disassembled? Dark Reign?

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Someone needs to take Captain Falcon and the Superior Iron Man out shopping. Those outfits are awful.

They've done stuff like this before...

Do you remember Heroes Reborn? The Age of Apocalypse? Avengers Disassembled? Dark Reign?
    exactly. if people were around for all these events and changes then why are they freaking out now?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Someone needs to take Captain Falcon and the Superior Iron Man out shopping. Those outfits are awful.
    I think Superior Iron man's armor is fine.

That Cap costume is ugly as hell though...