Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Aside from the fact that he was actually merged with Thor in some way for a short time as well, it made sense as he was pretending to be Thor, effectively identity theft. It is a little harder to pull that off when even a three year old can spot the difference.
    Bringing up an in-universe detail in response to a comment made in an essentially out-of-universe discussion (whether anyone else who wielded Mjölnir went by "Thor") doesn't make the observation any less accurate. If you were reading Thor's book from 1991 to 1993, you were reading about Eric Masterson.
    Last edited by TresDias; 07-17-2014 at 02:09 PM.

BANNED

I think all of these sound realtively good or have good qualities about them about them. Inhumans made need a quick restart though as they may have already shot themselves in the foot with the creator turmoil.
    Shor looks good...the Ribic art sold me on the design, I was actually less impressed with the rendering of Pichelli (which I was suprised about). I don't care for the cape or the HUGE additions but otherwise I am confident in the story, he wrote some wicked future goddess' so a female running around with Thor's powers should be good and I am highly intersted in Thor Odinson's journey to be worthy once more.
    Cap...well the change makes sense, but the wings and the lack of anything above normal abilities is sad. Glad that Ian is Nomad. The change here seems organic, but I do prefer my Captain America with some superhuman attributes.
    Iron Man, never cared for him, don't follow him, but I like the white.
    The Hulk being super intelligent reminds me of past Peter David whose run was great when we had a smart Hulk so I see goodness brewing here.
    Angela, yes please.
    Winter Soldier sounds unique.
    I think now is a good time to get onboard. Choo choo.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    I think all of these sound realtively good or have good qualities about them about them. Inhumans made need a quick restart though as they may have already shot themselves in the foot with the creator turmoil.
    Shor looks good...the Ribic art sold me on the design, I was actually less impressed with the rendering of Pichelli (which I was suprised about). I don't care for the cape or the HUGE additions but otherwise I am confident in the story, he wrote some wicked future goddess' so a female running around with Thor's powers should be good and I am highly intersted in Thor Odinson's journey to be worthy once more.
    Cap...well the change makes sense, but the wings and the lack of anything above normal abilities is sad. Glad that Ian is Nomad. The change here seems organic, but I do prefer my Captain America with some superhuman attributes.
    The Hulk being super intelligent reminds me of past Peter David whose run was great when we had a smart Hulk so I see goodness brewing here.
    Angela, yes please.
    With Cap-Falcon, if they keep the wings and his control of his bird(or birds) that makes him more than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Falcon Cap is not going to have his falcon wings?
    Come on! What a waste! He could have been more murica than steve if his cap had eagle wings that opened up and let him fly.
    what a waste.
    Yea you play with the eagle stuff like the bald eagle that represents America.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    With Cap-Falcon, if they keep the wings and his control of his bird(or birds) that makes him more than normal.
    Agreed, I was referring more to the iconic powers of Captain America. Sam is keeping the wings and should still be able to send a flock of pigeons to attack the baddies. They mentioned the wings in an article. With Captain America proper, you could strip off everything from Steve and give him a garbage lid and he still could have brought down a tank. Do the same with Sam and he will just be naked with a garbage can lid.
    It is fun to play with the weakness factor, but again, just my preference that he have the abilities given with the super soldier serum or from another area.

Agreed, I was referring more to the iconic powers of Captain America. Sam is keeping the wings and should still be able to send a flock of pigeons to attack the baddies. They mentioned the wings in an article. With Captain America proper, you could strip off everything from Steve and give him a garbage lid and he still could have brought down a tank. Do the same with Sam and he will just be naked with a garbage can lid.
    It is fun to play with the weakness factor, but again, just my preference that he have the abilities given with the super soldier serum or from another area.
    Then again, many "street-level" heroes don't have the super-soldier serum and it works fine. Just look at Nomad and Nightwing and DD.

Then again, many "street-level" heroes don't have the super-soldier serum and it works fine. Just look at Nomad and Nightwing and DD.
    Or Hawkeye and Black Widow..

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    It also looks like his Inhuman name will be Inferno.

If he doesn't get a sidekick/partner named Virgil I will be disappointed.
    Nice one. No other comment, really, but that deserves kudos.

Of course, Virgil's mentor must be named Homer, right?

Angela, yes please.
    Bring back the Pantheon for Hulk!

Okay, what's going on with Falcon? i haven't seen redwing lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    A Gilgamesh comic book? Be still my beating heart.
    You know, I know that most appearances of the Marvel version of the Forgotten One/Gilgamesh (and how ridiculously inappropriate an epithet was 'Forgotten One' for the one mythic hero whose story has survived longest of anybody's, I ask you) have tended to be kind of lame... there's still a ton of potential there. Especially if they brought back his (likely Deviant, right?) buddy Enkidu for a buddy action flick vibe...

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Was there not a panel where one of them told Captain America to call them something different? Unhumans or something. I cant recall. I just saw it somewhere once.
    They could go old school geek and call themselves 'Demihumans' or 'Humanoids'. That would be really confusing.

BANNED

i dont get how people are supporting the destruciton of legendary characters like thor, tony stark, and steve rogers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    So there's no plans for BP in 2015.
    Well I hope there is.

I like the new Thor but I don't like her costume.

Quote Originally Posted by empsolo View Post
    Yeah. You do realize that Ms. Marvel is Pakastani right? Pakistani=/= east Asian. Isn't the New ghost Rider latino?
    You didn't specify east Asian, just Asian, and having prominent Indian and Pakistani characters is certainly a step towards diversity other than African-Americans.