Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

The same year Marvel celebrates it's 100 year anniversary, they rally behind a new character cleverly named "Dante/Inferno." At the rate Inhuman ships, they may as well put Gilgamesh on the promo image.

Quote Originally Posted by Busby View Post
    The same year Marvel celebrates it's 100 year anniversary, they rally behind a new character cleverly named "Dante/Inferno." At the rate Inhuman ships, they may as well put Gilgamesh on the promo image.
    A Gilgamesh comic book? Be still my beating heart.

BANNED

how can they expect people to buy superior ironman if it's just ripping off superior spider-man except Tony Stark has no excuse for why he's being such a terrible person now....at least with Parker you know that Doc Ock Took Over his body for almost 2 years and ruled new york with an iron fist

but here it just seems like Tony just felt like giving California the middle finger

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    Especially when he's named in the article.
    They really need to drop the Inhuman push. The whole thing was dead on arrival, and the creative snaffus behind the scenes did NOT help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    how can they expect people to buy superior ironman if it's just ripping off superior spider-man except Tony Stark has no excuse for why he's being such a terrible person now....at least with Parker you know that Doc Ock Took Over his body for almost 2 years and ruled new york with an iron fist

but here it just seems like Tony just felt like giving California the middle finger
    It's not a new thing with Tony. Especially when he was still drinking.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
    They really need to drop the Inhuman push. The whole thing was dead on arrival, and the creative snaffus behind the scenes did NOT help.
    well, maybe if they printed more than one issue every 2 or 3 months... people would actually care about the inhumans...
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post

It's best to wait till the comic comes out before assuming no reason will be given for his behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    well, maybe if they printed more than one issue every 2 or 3 months... people would actually care about the inhumans...
    This. The first two issues are really good. As I said upthread, Marvel's promoting issue #4 right now, so it looks like whatever went on behind the scenes (which I hadn't heard about until tonight) is sorted and the book is getting published regularly now.

I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Two years after "Marvel NOW," the publisher's latest initiative includes "Superior Iron Man," "All-New Captain America" and the female "Thor."

Full article here.
    Some huge news here.

Never thought of Tom Taylor and Yildiray Cinar working on Iron Man, but I like the creative team. Just need to find out who the new Iron Man is. My guess is on it being a Stane, maybe Zeke. Will definitely give the series a go.

Also, that Avengers team looks awesome. I might try it out, too.

NOW! has been around for a few years, but this is the first time I've gotten interested in the Avengers side of things.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Inhuman. Quick internet search. First hit. "lacking human qualities of compassion and mercy; cruel and barbaric."

Yes, I'm very much aware that Marvel have been using the name for ages.
    I'm also aware that it doesn't mean that in the comics.
    I personally feel that you can't get better than having a giant dog. For my all-time fave comics characters, it's a toss-up between Lockjaw and Battlepug.

BUT - I'm also aware that I'm not new to comics. I KNOW who these guys are, and have for decades. I first came across them because I picked up "Fantastic Four", not "The Inhumans".
    A newcomer to comics is more likely to pick up, say, "Black Bolt's Kingdom" than they are to pick up "Inhuman".

Because, to most people, "Inhuman" doesn't mean "hidden race of super-people". It means something entirely negative.

You'd think Marvel's marketing people would have picked up on this by now.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Otto View Post
    Inhuman. Quick internet search. First hit. "lacking human qualities of compassion and mercy; cruel and barbaric."

Yes, I'm very much aware that Marvel have been using the name for ages.
    I'm also aware that it doesn't mean that in the comics.
    I personally feel that you can't get better than having a giant dog. For my all-time fave comics characters, it's a toss-up between Lockjaw and Battlepug.

BUT - I'm also aware that I'm not new to comics. I KNOW who these guys are, and have for decades. I first came across them because I picked up "Fantastic Four", not "The Inhumans".
    A newcomer to comics is more likely to pick up, say, "Black Bolt's Kingdom" than they are to pick up "Inhuman".

Because, to most people, "Inhuman" doesn't mean "hidden race of super-people". It means something entirely negative.

You'd think Marvel's marketing people would have picked up on this by now.
    Was there not a panel where one of them told Captain America to call them something different? Unhumans or something. I cant recall. I just saw it somewhere once.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I'm not interested in these shenanigans from Marvel.

I'll just get the Winter Soldier solo and whatever book will have the Scarlet Witch in it.

BANNED

As much as it hurts me....after 3 decades of collecting.....I'm done. Bye my Marvel Universe! It was a great run. Now that it's turned into a ridiculous PC conglomerate I want no part of it. IF the status quo returns ever, I may come back. That'll save me the $200 I spent a month on Marvel books. I'll use that to search out the old books I don't have from across the entire marvel line. Back when writers were creative!

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderingHammer View Post
    As much as it hurts me....after 3 decades of collecting.....I'm done. Bye my Marvel Universe! It was a great run. Now that it's turned into a ridiculous PC conglomerate I want no part of it. IF the status quo returns ever, I may come back. That'll save me the $200 I spent a month on Marvel books. I'll use that to search out the old books I don't have from across the entire marvel line. Back when writers were creative!
    You spend $200 monthly ON COMICS?!?! Talk about living the dream.

I'm actually excited about this myself, all in all I've enjoyed I've enjoyed marvel now and am glad to actually see them shaking things up. I know a lot will get reset by the time Avengers 2 rolls around but it'll be a fun ride, BTW I've found my new wallpaper ^_^!