Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    if Scarlet Witch gets a ongoing I will have to check it out lol.
    It's kinda strange seeing you here fellow PBS fan but I'm glad you're posting here too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I guess black Iron Man was different than black Captain America because.....actually I don't know. I'd hate to think it's because Iron Man doesn't have "America" in the name so that's ok.
    I think it's more that PC = not pandering to white straight males.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    The article or the EW article rather stated 10 more titles. It also stated if Scarlet Witch or Angela will have an ongoing and no mention of a Spider-woman ongoing. So I say, the 10 titles are:

1. Spider-Woman ongoing - confirmed
    2. Angela ongoing - confirmed
    3. Scarlet Witch ongoing - probably
    4. Medusa Ongoing
    5. Strange ongoing
    6. Ant-man ongoing
    7. Invisible Woman ongoing - just hoping she'll have her own ongoing since she's the first lady of Marvel.
    8. Squirrel Girl - just my wish!
    9. a teambook
    10. A team book
    Where are you seeing 10 new titles? All I'm seeing is the big 3 are getting titles, and several others. Nor did it confirm Spider Woman or Angela getting an ongoing? You are talking about the EW article, right?

I'm definitely cool with this. So long as Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, and the original Thor aren't killed off and allowed to continue in a different capacity, I'm okay with new characters taking on the titles. I think that's a good way to mix things up. We've seen what happens when characters are killed off to make way for replacements. They never last. Bucky didn't last as Captain America. Dick Grayson didn't last as Batman. Doc Ock didn't last as Spider-Man. It reminds me somewhat of how X-23 and Daken were brought into the picture. Wolverine didn't have to die (although he is dying off now) in order for these two characters to be introduced and thrive on their own accord. They can function on their own and develop on their own accord. I want to see that here with the big three. Plus, I'm all for Angela taking on a larger role with the Avengers. Should make for a fun 2015.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post

Where are you seeing 10 new titles? All I'm seeing is the big 3 are getting titles, and several others. Nor did it confirm Spider Woman or Angela getting an ongoing? You are talking about the EW article, right?

Yes. i copy/pasted the last 2 paragraphs of the ew article

Although Alonso won’t confirm specifically which characters are getting solo books, he does note that Marvel has several female-centric titles on the market now. “There was a time about two and a half years ago, when we were canceling X-23, and I realized that was the last of our female-helmed titles,” notes Alonso. Since then, Marvel has added titles like Elektra, Black Widow, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Storm, and an all-female X-Men. Whether Scarlet Witch or Angela join their ranks will be revealed in the coming months, as Marvel moves closer to the launch of Avengers NOW!
    The initiative will also feature a renewed focus on Deathlok and the Winter Soldier, and more than ten titles already in the planning stages. Expect to hear more about Avengers NOW! throughout Comic-Con. Ultron who?

The ew article did not mention of a Spider-woman ongoing because it was on a different article, not confirmed by Marvel but the article stated who could be the writer and that the artist is definitely Land so should consider it confirmed. Read this link: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...r-woman-comic/

Here's for Angela: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...erite-bennett/

As for Angela, not also confirmed but
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 07-17-2014 at 02:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Interesting movement here.

And the theory of Marvel replacing the X-Men with the Inhuman continue to be true.

Spectacular Member

I mean.. Superior Iron Man sounds kinda lame but I like Tom Taylor. The Avengers line-up isn't terrible, what, with some C-listers and all. I kinda like that.

Sam Wilson as Cap.. we all saw it coming. I'm just glad we will have Ian Zola as Nomad and Steve as a tactician. And,, I mean, it's less terrible then I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderingHammer View Post
    As much as it hurts me....after 3 decades of collecting.....I'm done. Bye my Marvel Universe! It was a great run. Now that it's turned into a ridiculous PC conglomerate I want no part of it. IF the status quo returns ever, I may come back. That'll save me the $200 I spent a month on Marvel books. I'll use that to search out the old books I don't have from across the entire marvel line. Back when writers were creative!

"A ridiculous PC conglomerate"
    ? Are you serious with this kind of statement ? You know, it sounds disgusting from this end of the Internet, maybe you failed to phrase what you think properly, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    And the theory of Marvel replacing the X-Men with the Inhuman continue to be true.
    Oh please.

Also, anyone knows if the changes with Sam Wilson will be reflected in MA ?
    I'd expect Ewing to acknowledge this, yet again Remender does have a tendency to right really self-contained stories, so maybe the impact in other titles won't be noticeable before a while.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 07-17-2014 at 04:00 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Fantastic Member

I'm sort of torn on this. I feel like it's a bit too much too fast; it sort of feels like they're just throwing stuff at a dartboard and seeing what fits. And it's starting to feel a bit like the later ultimate stuff where it just doesn't resemble the classic characters at all anymore.

That said, I think the weird, future-y silver Iron Man is kind of cool looking and girl Thor has a neat design. Falcon Cap's costume on the other hand is hideous and needs a thrice-over.

Really, just generally i'm torn on the whole thing. I sort of like the 'whole new world' aspect of it but there's something that doesn't quite gel for me about the whole thing.

Ever since Arno showed up, people must have been thinking "Iron Man 2020". And THAT guy could have given Dr. Doom lessons in arrogance. So, yeah, it's probably Arno posing as Tony. But I'm not a fan of the iSuit. Still, it could have been a SurfaceSuit instead, so we should count our blessings.

Iron Man, running Windows RT... *shudder*

Not really interested in much of this. I think Marvel does their best work on their B-list character books that are sort of under the radar a bit: She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, and even books I couldn't really get into like Moon Knight, Iron Fist, and Elektra have a level of creative aspiration and focus on character and tone. Marvel's A-list books don't have that same inspiration and always just seem focused on the new gimmick or status quo.

Yildiray Cinar is a solid artist but I think Tom Taylor's DC work has been really bad, encapsulating everything wrong with Big 2 comics writing. I will probably outright avoid Avengers NOW.

I haven't really gotten into Aaron's Thor so I probably won't care for the new Thor book. But I do think Dauterman is a great artist and the new costume is beautiful, so maybe I will give that a try.

For Falcon Cap, I think Immonen's art has been great lately, but I haven't liked Remender's Marvel work...I'll probably give this book a try too, with low expectations.

I don't remember seeing a creative team named for Superior Iron Man, but man, that costume is hideous. It's like they did everything they could with a red and gold Iron Man costume, so now they've gone to changing colors and it just looks worse every time.

I don't like Ales Kot's writing at all and I have no interest in the concept for the Bucky book, so that's an outright avoid. Which is a shame as I think Marco Rudy is a major talent.

I think Edmonson's writing has been a bit boring and don't really have any interest in Deathlok or Perkins' art, so Deathlok is another avoid.

If they launch a solo Scarlet Witch book I may be interested in that.

And Doctor Strange & Ant-Man could really excel with the right creative team, as they're kind of offbeat characters and properties.

Inhumans and Angela feel really shoved down fans' throats and completely forced, so unless they have killer creative teams I will avoid those books.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Astonishing Member

Once again, Iron Man draws the short end of the stick.

That's is a woefully unimpressive team he has there.

Expect that book to hit 30K in fast order.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Where are my asian characters? Every time a new minority character is created or pushed to the headlines the person is usually black. Even though Asians like myself make up a good portion of this country's demographics. How is this diversity again?

Yeah, I guess I'm still sticking with the trades reprinting old stuff. Maybe it's the stunt way they present this stuff, but it really doesn't excite me much. Just the opposite.

Peace

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by empsolo View Post
    Where are my asian characters? Every time a new minority character is created or pushed to the headlines the person is usually black. Even though Asians like myself make up a good portion of this country's demographics. How is this diversity again?
    Shang-Chi just got a mini-series. Unfortunately, I doubt it registered enough on anyone's radar to warrant an ongoing. Aside from that he's been getting a good push among the Avengers.

Asians and people of Asian descent HAVE had a consistently strong presence in team books since Marvel NOW.

Can't really speak much on solos though.

I doubt Marvel would take the risk unless they could vacate an identity or two.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 07-17-2014 at 05:19 AM.