Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

greeeaaaat... "superior" iron-man. who was the genius at marvel that decided using "superior" was a good idea. silver!? really silver?! my guess its arno screwing with Tony's head and down the road they will become enemies. AND whats with all this gender and racial swapping going on? stop screwing with established characters like this! however, i am a bit surprised that it took this long to get an african/american captain america since we have one in office now.
    Last edited by genixx; 07-17-2014 at 06:56 AM.

Hmm, they might just finally get me to read Iron Man. I'll pick up the first issue at least to see what's going on. Hopefully we get more news on this soon.

I was skeptical about this as the rumors circulated, but seeing the visuals i must say this looks very interesting. I am intrigued to see what other changes are brought about to other characters and how these stories play out. while i have my concerns about Falcon becoming Cap ( for no story telling reasons just for the sake of the character and the future of other minority characters) I like it, Falcon becoming cap looks cool.

Extraordinary Member

I am still not sure how these all tie in, they all seem to be individual stories, but hopefully they can bring in more readers if that is the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by genixx View Post
    greeeaaaat... "superior" iron-man. who was the genius at marvel that decided using "superior" was a good idea. silver!? really silver?! my guess its arno screwing with Tony's head and down the road they will become enemies. AND whats with all this gender and racial swapping going on? stop screwing with established characters like this! however, i am a bit surprised that it took this long to get an african/american captain america since we have one in office now.
    Sam actually was Captain America before. And there was also Isiah Bradley, if that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by empsolo View Post
    Where are my asian characters? Every time a new minority character is created or pushed to the headlines the person is usually black. Even though Asians like myself make up a good portion of this country's demographics. How is this diversity again?
    Quote Originally Posted by empsolo View Post
    Yeah. You do realize that Ms. Marvel is Pakastani right? Pakistani=/= east Asian. Isn't the New ghost Rider latino?

I can't be the only one who laughed at this obvious goalpost move. Also, Shang Chi currently has a mini-series, and Nico and Hazmat have been rather notable in Avengers Undercover.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I can't be the only one who laughed at this obvious goalpost move. Also, Shang Chi currently has a mini-series, and Nico and Hazmat have been rather notable in Avengers Undercover.
    It's a No True Scotsman fallacy, and it never works. Shang Chi is awesome, and since the new team is based on the West Coast, I wouldn't be surprised to see him pop in from time to time, or even for the team to travel across the Pacific for some adventures. (Especially since Troy, last I remember, is still off the coast of China.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    Looks like Dante from the Inhuman comic, which makes sense since Medusa is in the picture.
    Is his name Dante, or Inferno? Either way, really cute. Still, I am intrigued by the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Is his name Dante, or Inferno? Either way, really cute. Still, I am intrigued by the guy.
    Given name is Dante, Inhuman name is Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian from Canada View Post
    Let's see, we have:
    • a new Iron Man
    • the publicly announced new, now African American Captain America
    • the publicly announced new, now female Thor
    • Scarlet Witch, star of Avengers 2
    • Ant-Man, star of the first film after Avengers 2
    • Dr. Strange, who is hinted tremendously in Captain America 2
    • Winter Soldier, who was a key character in Captain America 2
    • Deathlok, who just featured prominently in Agents Of SHIELD
    • Sunfire, who looked impressive in X-Men: Days Of Future Past
    • Angela, the character they just bought and want to promote
    … and Medusa

Take Medusa out, and they might as well call in Avengers New Movies. :P
    I WISH that was Sunfire, but alas, no.

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    So how soon are we going to have a Daredevil/Superior Iron Man crossover?
    Looks like I found out the answer to my own question.....right away apparently.......

http://www.newsarama.com/21598-super...-darkness.html

If Daredevil is in it I will at least be getting the first few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It's been so long since the last issue of Inhumans came out that I forgot all about Dante.

Cool.
    I noticed that Inhumans wasn't listed among the october solicits, so I'm wondering if there's going to be an announcement at SDCC about it.

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    Looks like I found out the answer to my own question.....right away apparently.......

http://www.newsarama.com/21598-super...-darkness.html

If Daredevil is in it I will at least be getting the first few issues.
    Great find! Tony unleashes an Extremis app. That's peaked my interest for this switch now.

Amazing Member

I guess this worked well enough for Spiderman that some 'brilliant visionary' at a Marvel retreat must have said, "Hey, we sold a lot of that idea, let's copy it across the Avengers line for a quick 12 month bump in sales!" ... In the long history of Marvel (and DC) replacing signature characters with doppelgängers, brain swaps, proteges, and ethnic and gender switches I suppose I get why they do this but it's none the more interesting to me. I just tend to tune out until the 'real' character returns. For every Brubaker's Cap you've got a field littered with Dr. Voodoo's, spider clones, teenage Tony Stark's, and "who's worthy of the hammer" de jours... If they don't hook everyone from the get go they'll just bleed more fans. Speaking of fans and the ever elusive quest for drawing in 'new' ones, I guess the timing of this surprises me the most because it squanders any of the immediate branding gain of having an Avengers movie coming out in May with largely the original characters fighting one of their top 3 villains.

Are we to infer here that this is a re-write of the Marvel Universe thanks to "time running out?" It might be an interesting short term universe shake up as long as it had a definite conclusion to it like Age of Apokolips. But as far as making this a permanent status quo, or something they drag out for 2 years to drain everyone's pocket books and wallets, I'll probably sit most of it out.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Cap - Not interested
    Thor - not interested
    Iron Man - Buying
    Deathlok - not interested
    Inhuman duo - Trade waiting
    Winter Soldier - If it gets a new artist I'll check it out
    Doctor Strange - Depends on the writer
    Ant-Man - maybe
    Scarlet Witch - Not interested
    Angela - Buying if she gets a book
    I might pick up Cap, iron Man and Thor, to see what's what; I don't think I'll be able to get into Inhumans, with it's game of thrones vibe, so I'd like it if Inferno were on the Avengers or something.