Page 6 of 93 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Trade Wentz for picks.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trade Wentz for picks.
    You have to be joking on this one right ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

It's always tough to keep a good team good as other teams will pick away at free agents and coaches of those teams. And then there are players looking to score big contracts after winning the Super Bowl. It's kind of amazing when a team makes the play-off's on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Kinda.

Foles won't yield as much.

Wentz might be a flash in a pan.

Eagles are in a heck of predicament but a good one.

"OH NO! Too many good QBs."
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-12-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The thing I like about Reich and look, I couldn't pick him out of a lineup first of all. At least he's been in the game unlike Pagano and unlike that piece of trash Grigson who was a first time GM and Pagano was a first time HC and NEITHER deserved to obtain those positions. I understand the sentiment of finding a diamond in the rough but on some level these men NEED to have some actual dealings at length with the league and they did not. I don't know about Reich's offensive philosophy and Joe Stasniak has been on the radio this morning (he played on the Bills team when Reich was a backup) lauding him in as far as, at the very least the players will progress under him. Guys got WORSE being coached by Pagano. He's supposedly a good leader and this team needs some leadership and conviction, don't know if he'll call guys out. We could use some of that too but I don't dislike this. Hope it ends up a better situation under the circumstances that it deserved.

The other pessimistic side of it is that, if you're a long time Colts fan, NOTHING good comes from the Philadelphia Eagles. Not Ryan Grigson, Not Corey Simon, Not that over the hill bum Trent Cole and there are others. Here's hoping Reich breaks that trend... please break that trend.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Kinda.

They don't really have to make a decision until next year, though. As long as Foles is happy enough (by all accounts he is) and neither of them will become bitterman if they have to sit out games (doubtful based on their apparent temperments), there should be no problem for them this season with having too many QBs.

Its only a predicament if someone turns it into a predicament.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Well AFC notable roster cuts will be Matt Forte , Tyrod Taylor and Derrick Johnson it seems. Those are the odds on favorites to be cut for cap and age reasons.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...cut-candidates

The Chiefs acquired Johnson's replacement with Ragland and the new Chiefs GM has wanted to go younger so he of course will likely cut Tamba Hali and Derricj Johnson. Both guys have 25+ years experience and 9 Pro Bowl nods and years of production. They will become part time players for whoever they go to.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Kinda.

Foles is more likely to be a flash in the pan than Wentz, given we've already seen he can be inconsistent. Wentz is younger with a higher ceiling, and more athletic, right now Foles potentially has a lot of value given his contract and the post playoff afterglow

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    They don't really have to make a decision until next year, though. As long as Foles is happy enough (by all accounts he is) and neither of them will become bitterman if they have to sit out games (doubtful based on their apparent temperments), there should be no problem for them this season with having too many QBs.

Its only a predicament if someone turns it into a predicament.
    Ideally you want to trade him before the draft, so really they have till late April, but they don't have to do anything until the trade period starts on March 14th
    Last edited by Hiromi; 02-13-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Trade Wentz for picks.
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he is
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

If you guys were running the Vikes, what would you do about the QB situation? Sign Keenum? If so, to how long of a contract and how much? Or make a play for Cousins?

If it were me, I would go after Cousins. I think he's so underrated and would flourish in the right system. Keenum looked to me like he had a great run, and then turned back into the pumpkin against the Eagles. I wouldn't give him a long term contract. And certainly not a lot of money just based on one good year.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I'd sign Keenum to a cheap 2-3 year contract with an out after a 2nd season. I'd draft a QB in the 2nd round and have them groomed. But I'd see what Keenum has for another seasons. Keenum will be cheaper to keep than signing Cousins. You can hand Keenum $12-15 million a season while with Cousin's you'd have to hand him $25-30 million.

I like Bridgewater better but I'd probably sign Keenum. Trade Bradford if they can. Build to a new QB in the draft.

Preferably, I'd sign Bridgewater to a short, 1-year "prove it" deal and Keenum to a 2-3 year deal with "prove it" guidelines but understanding he's going to get replaced unless he wins his spot each year.

Trade Bradford if they can. Bye bye.

I like Bridgewater better but I'd probably sign Keenum. Trade Bradford if they can.

Preferably, I'd sign Bridgewater to a short, 1-year "prove it" deal and Keenum to a 2-3 year deal with "prove it" guidelines but understanding he's going to get replaces unless he wins his spot each year.

Trade Bradford if they can. Bye bye.

Bradford is a free agent , so trading him would be a bit harder. All 3 QB's are free agents but Bridgewater may end up sticking around as the NFLPA may rule his injury rolled his deal over another season.

And as soon as I posted about Derrick Johnson , the Chiefs informed Johnson they plan to move on from the 35 year old LB. He will become a free agent and will be going elsewhere. Johnson claims he plans to play a couple more seasons but will retire a Chief when he's done.

I wonder if these Gronk to WWE rumors have an sustenance? I mean it wan't that long ago it was reported that Peyton Hillis was going to quit football and join the CIA.