Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    If you guys were running the Vikes, what would you do about the QB situation? Sign Keenum? If so, to how long of a contract and how much? Or make a play for Cousins?

If it were me, I would go after Cousins. I think he's so underrated and would flourish in the right system. Keenum looked to me like he had a great run, and then turned back into the pumpkin against the Eagles. I wouldn't give him a long term contract. And certainly not a lot of money just based on one good year.
    I think the Vikings going after Cousins would be a good idea. I'd try to keep Bridgewater as the backup.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Keep Keenum, mainly because I believe in an old-fashioned version of loyalty. Keenum was key to their success in 2017 no matter how you dissect the numbers. They owe him recognition of that work and should keep him on for another year. Plus he happens to be cheaper to keep, so there is that good old bottom line.

Doesn't mean you can't compete the QBs they have for the starting job. Thats expected.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'd keep Keenum, but I wouldn't give him a long term contract, no more than a year or two at best. It took until the conference championship, but Keenum was finally undressed and made to look like the journeyman he's always been, and don't think defensive coordinators, especially those in NFC North didn't take notes about how the Eagles took him apart. Bridgewater is still young and still has talent that can be realized, even though he hasn't played in something like two years, but I'd say he has a bigger upside than Keenum.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I wonder if these Gronk to WWE rumors have an sustenance? I mean it wan't that long ago it was reported that Peyton Hillis was going to quit football and join the CIA.
    The Hollywood career has more substance than the WWE one because both Sly and Rock have offered to work with him. WWE he just shows up because of Mojo.

If rumors are to be believed, Graham took a meeting with NE and NE is considering signing him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    I think the Vikings going after Cousins would be a good idea. I'd try to keep Bridgewater as the backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Keep Keenum, mainly because I believe in an old-fashioned version of loyalty. Keenum was key to their success in 2017 no matter how you dissect the numbers. They owe him recognition of that work and should keep him on for another year. Plus he happens to be cheaper to keep, so there is that good old bottom line.

Doesn't mean you can't compete the QBs they have for the starting job. Thats expected.
    It sounds like the Vikings want Keenum to start and Teddy to sign a "prove it" deal.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It sounds like the Vikings want Keenum to start and Teddy to sign a "prove it" deal.
    That would be fair. Besides I want to see Bridgewater cry tears of joy again when he finally takes that first snap.

Football players - crunchy on the outside, soft and squishy on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    That would be fair. Besides I want to see Bridgewater cry tears of joy again when he finally takes that first snap.

Football players - crunchy on the outside, soft and squishy on the inside.
    I think Foles SB and playoff performance helped players like Keenum and Cousins.

And I really do like Bridgewater and have a personal bias. I would pick him but I'm trying to be realistic.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In NFL News the Oakland Raiders informed Sebastian Janikowski that they have no plans to bring him back in 2018. That he won't be returning for a 19th season for the team. Janikowski was injured all last season due to back issues and the Raiders found another kicker long term.

If anyone doesn't remember Janikowski was selected with a 1st round pick by Al Davis in 2000 as Gruden and others wanted Shaun Alexander or Slyvestor Morris instead. Davis selected Janikowski because he fell in love with his kicking. (even though teams would have selected him in 2nd round)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In NFL News the Oakland Raiders informed Sebastian Janikowski that they have no plans to bring him back in 2018. That he won't be returning for a 19th season for the team. Janikowski was injured all last season due to back issues and the Raiders found another kicker long term.

If anyone doesn't remember Janikowski was selected with a 1st round pick by Al Davis in 2000 as Gruden and others wanted Shaun Alexander or Slyvestor Morris instead. Davis selected Janikowski because he fell in love with his kicking. (even though teams would have selected him in 2nd round)
    Funny thing is, Al got it right on Janikowski who lasted nearly two decades and could well end up in Canton one day. Meanwhile, Alexander had pretty good career with Seattle, but Morris was one season and done with Kansas City before cashing out of the league.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Funny thing is, Al got it right on Janikowski who lasted nearly two decades and could well end up in Canton one day. Meanwhile, Alexander had pretty good career with Seattle, but Morris was one season and done with Kansas City before cashing out of the league.
    I dunno. Janikowski missed some big kicks in his time in the NFL. I watched a Raiders/Cardinals tilt in Glendale 8 years ago where he missed three in a game, including what would have been the game winner as time expired. In his whole career, Sea-Bass had only 13 Game-Winning FGs. For his career, he only hit 80% of his FGs. I mean, he always had the leg, he could boom a kick from 60 yards, but his accuracy always left a lot to be desired.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Morris suffered injuries after his rookie season sadly. Its one of those...damn he could have been special. He was being groomed to take Rison's spot on the team and then 2 injuries in a row each season wiped his career out.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I dunno. Janikowski missed some big kicks in his time in the NFL. I watched a Raiders/Cardinals tilt in Glendale 8 years ago where he missed three in a game, including what would have been the game winner as time expired. In his whole career, Sea-Bass had only 13 Game-Winning FGs. For his career, he only hit 80% of his FGs. I mean, he always had the leg, he could boom a kick from 60 yards, but his accuracy always left a lot to be desired.
    Also Janikowski was considered a 2nd round pick talent. That he was a player many felt would be in the 2nd round.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Morris suffered injuries after his rookie season sadly. Its one of those...damn he could have been special. He was being groomed to take Rison's spot on the team and then 2 injuries in a row each season wiped his career out.

Also Janikowski was considered a 2nd round pick talent. That he was a player many felt would be in the 2nd round.
    I wonder what it would take for a kicker to be considered worth a top pick and what the limits are to the human leg.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/p...l-in-practice/

Do you think if there was a kicker out there that could regularly make a 70+ yarder, he'd go 1st overall?

My 2 favorite Janikowski moments were the All-Pro-kowski game were Gronk, Ghost, and Sea Bass were the only guys to score in the game. And when he trucked a guy. That MFer is huge.

Well I think Al got it right with him, even considering Janikowski's inconsistencies. He's been reliable more than not and he made a 63-yard field goal and almost, almost made a 64-yarder. Once he attempted a 76(!)-yarder. He holds a bunch of records, his shoe is already in Canton, so I expect he himself will make it someday too alongside Jan Stenarud.

He's not going to Canton. Zero All Pros and one Pro Bowl in 18 years. No. He was a decent kicker that lasted a long time. He's more so what would be labeled as a compiler though, not a magnificent player that stood out.

He should have never been selected in the first round even if he was. No kicker should. Not even Justin Tucker.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 02-15-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    He's not going to Canton. Zero All Pros and one Pro Bowl in 18 years. No. He was a decent kicker that lasted a long time. He's more so what would be labeled as a compiler though, not a magnificent player that stood out.

He should have never been selected in the first round even if he was. No kicker should. Not even Justin Tucker.
    I think the next kicker going to the HoF (if any) is going to be Vinatieri.