Page 73 of 93 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1395
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Between Vance Joseph and John Gruden being pulled from the booth after a decade out of coaching, and Andy Reid's clock management... and Anthony Lynn with the Chargers...

I can't decide who the best or worst coaches in the AFC West are. Like...?

I'm just gonna say Andy Reid is best because he seems to get the first 57 minutes right, and somehow manages to make the playoffs every year even if his QB is Alex Smith. Joseph's probably the worst at the moment, but we'll see what Gruden: The Sequel turns out like.
    Clearly Big Red is the senior member of that division’s coaches, for whatever that’s worth. When it comes to game planning, Reid is tops, but he can’t think on his feet come gameday to save his life, and after all these years, he still finds new and inventive ways to **** up his clock management. As for the others, Gruden will be given a mile long leash to shape the Raiduhs into his image, even if it figures to be antiquated after all his years away from the game, on the other end of the spectrum, Joseph who nearly got the chop after last season will be on a yard long leash, if the Broncos stumble out of the gate, he could be the first coach fired, lastly, Lynn could give the rest of the division fits.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Gruden better do something fast. We want the Raiders to win a SB before they leave Oakland

Yah I do tend to agree that Lynn and the Chargers are going to be even better this year. LA has taken to them like a duck to water. Strike that, reverse it!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

L.A. don’t give a hott about the Chargers.
    L.A. is a Rams or Raiders town.
    Last edited by Raiders; 07-31-2018 at 08:35 PM.

Chargers will move back to SD in a decade. They have no fanbase in LA. They couldn't even sell out an MLS stadium.

BANNED

Even the Steelers and the Cowboys have a bigger fan base in LA than the Chargers.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Even the Steelers and the Cowboys have a bigger fan base in LA than the Chargers.
    And Eagles fans literally and figuratively took over that stadium when the Birds played there last season. Even over the TV, it sounded like a ninth home game for the Eagles.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Speaking of the Chargers...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-each-afc-team

"Anything less than a Superbowl victory makes this season a disappointment"

Did I miss something? Are the chargers suddenly a powerhouse?
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

dbl post. oops.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Speaking of the Chargers...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-each-afc-team

"Anything less than a Superbowl victory makes this season a disappointment"

Did I miss something? Are the chargers suddenly a powerhouse?
    They're a solid team that could contend for the division, at least should be in the wild card hunt. But I'd hardly say they're elite. Top half of the NFL, or sure, but I would definitely name 5 teams more likely to win the Super Bowl. Probably ten.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Do they still show Chargers games on TV in San Diego?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And Eagles fans literally and figuratively took over that stadium when the Birds played there last season. Even over the TV, it sounded like a ninth home game for the Eagles.
    Every team the LA Chargers play takes the stadium over.
    The Raiders fans been doing this for years, even when the Chargers were in San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Do they still show Chargers games on TV in San Diego?
    My understanding is yes, but no one watches.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News ...

- The New England Patriots have cut Jordan Matthews (WR) after less than a couple months after he signed a 1 year deal. Matthews is battling a very bad hamstring injury and the Patriots have moved on. The team also has WR questions as Kenny Britt & Malcolm Mitchell are battling injuries this off-season. Plus they will be without Julian Edelman who is serving a 4 game suspension.

- Days after future Hall of Famer , Joe Thomas (LT) told in an interview that Cleveland Browns rookie Austin Corbett was too slow and not athletic enough to play LT in the NFL , but saw him as a guard and center ...the Browns decided he was right. Originally the Browns claimed they were waiting to see Corbett in pads. It took a few days and now they are moving Corbett to leg guard and moving Joel Bitonio to left tackle.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

WHY YOUR TEAM SUCKS: Indianapolis Colts

Drew Magary: What’s new that sucks: "It will not shock you to learn that the Colts gave up more sacks than any team in the league last season, such is their zeal to get their own quarterbacks killed. So they drafted two guards in the first two round of the draft, which was a perfectly cromulent thing to do. But honestly, who gives a ****? Protect a dead quarterback all you like … he’s still dead! Quenton Nelson is gonna offer a hand to help Luck up off the turf and accidentally rip his goddamn arm off".

Eric: Chuck Pagano’s most amazing feat in an era that included the worst play in NFL history* and the second degree murder of a generational quarterback talent is that, in two games against the Rams, his teams were outscored 84-17.

Sam: "Since Grigson and Pagano had somehow managed to turn a once-in-a-generation quarterback talent (albeit one who looks like a muppet who ingested too much HGH) into somebody who needs a shot of fentanyl in his jugular after throwing a miniature football 10 yards in shorts, I thought maybe Irsay would jettison them into the canal faster than Pat McAfee after three long-island ice teas, and the Colts could get back to winning some FOOTBAW games.

Turns out, I was wrong. Andrew Luck is dead, and so are the Colts.

F*** me, f*** Ryan Grigson, f*** Chuck Pagano with a gallon jug of Grigson’s hair grease, f*** the Colts medical staff with Peyton Manning’s forehead, and triple-f*** decrepit-ass Jim Irsay with the shattered and twisted remains of Andrew Luck’s shoulder and dignity."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.