Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1395
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That is just BS. Since when does a deal from 2 years ago mean that that player never gets another offer? Elway is blowing smoke because the owners don't want Kaep playing.
    Bingo! And that, friends, spells C-O-L-L-U-S-I-O-N.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

That is just BS. Since when does a deal from 2 years ago mean that that player never gets another offer? Elway is blowing smoke because the owners don't want Kaep playing.
    In a lot of places the NFL GM's and players never forgive themselves over money and issues. They will never forget a slight. For John Elway he's never forgiven Kaepernick for spurning his defending champion Broncos and presenting Kaepernick with just a 1 year prove it deal and offer later to redo that. And Kaepernick fucked up then in spring 2016. All he had to do was take a 1 year pay cut and after repairing his career get his deal redone. Instead he didn't.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Yea it is. Especially as bad as Elway has needed a QB since #18 left.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Yea it is. Especially as bad as Elway has needed a QB since #18 left.
    To be fair he did have a QB in mind (Osweiler) but pissed him off and he crashed n burn down in Texas. Then he drafted Lynch with the idea to make him the long term starting QB. But Lynch had been a bust and he just signed Keenum after a brilliant season in Minnesota. (The money for Cousins was too much)

Again back then he wanted Kaepernick and was prepared to trade for him . He wanted him to take a big pay cut and people then cried over how Kaepernick was in the right for not doing it. Had he done it ...maybe Kubiak saves his career before he retires. In the end he didn't and chose the $19 million .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To be fair he did have a QB in mind (Osweiler) but pissed him off and he crashed n burn down in Texas. Then he drafted Lynch with the idea to make him the long term starting QB. But Lynch had been a bust and he just signed Keenum after a brilliant season in Minnesota. (The money for Cousins was too much)
    To be fair to what? He's the GM of a professional football team. I would expect at the very least he'd 'have a QB in mind'. Osweiler was/is a bum (not even a Matt Flynn-esque bum that fooled you for a couple quarters. A legit out of the league in the next couple years bum) and whomever pissed off whomever Elway still thought, as a HOF QB mind you, that he was able to do the job. That's on him, same with Lynch. Elway is arguing against Kaep in bad faith. HE COULD USE KAEP RIGHT NOW but hey, winning is not everything.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Keap hasn’t played for two years hasn’t had a good season since 2012/2013 and most resorts indicate he isn’t willing to take much of a pay cut. There’s no way he’s getting more than the offer Kaep already turned down. The Broncos would more likely offer a lower contract.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Bingo! And that, friends, spells C-O-L-L-U-S-I-O-N.
    Yah I think so, too. But to prove it ...

In this case, nobody needed to exchange information on any public record to blackball Kaep. The NFL good old boys club just all think alike naturally on issues like players who create distractions or take attention away from their respective franchises.

Take TO and the HoF vote. He should have been a first-ballot guy but wasn't because he got under the skin of the NFL culture. No one needed to communicate their dismay about it or hold some kind of meeting to discuss it or convince others how to vote - it just happened. We all know why and there is no evidence for it needed.

And Elway - hah! He's got an ego taller than the Rocky Mountains. Its amusing how he's claiming he gave Kaep a chance. Maybe technically he did, but that level of pay cut was kind of insulting even for a guy who is underperforming. Makes me wonder if Elway is the guy who Kaep is going after with this lawsuit and he is now circling his wagons.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 08-17-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah I think so, too. But to prove it ...

In this case, nobody needed to exchange information on any public record to blackball Kaep. The NFL good old boys club just all think alike naturally on issues like players who create distractions or take attention away from their respective franchises.

Take TO and the HoF vote. He should have been a first-ballot guy but wasn't because he got under the skin of the NFL culture. No one needed to communicate their dismay about it or hold some kind of meeting to discuss it or convince others how to vote - it just happened. We all know why and there is no evidence for it needed.

And Elway - hah! He's got an ego taller than the Rocky Mountains. Its amusing how he's claiming he gave Kaep a chance. Maybe technically he did, but that level of pay cut was kind of insulting even for a guy who is underperforming. Makes me wonder if Elway is the guy who Kaep is going after with this lawsuit and he is now circling his wagons.
    Collusion is practically impossible to prove in this case.

Things going against Kaep
    -he underperformed and legitimately was let go his team
    -he had an offer but refused to take a pay cut
    -he was in deep talks with the Ravens and his gf blew that up for him by calling an NFL owner a slave master
    -he’s at the center of very public political controversy.

There’s a number of reasons an owner would want to stay away from Kaep without needing a conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Collusion is practically impossible to prove in this case.

Things going against Kaep
    -he underperformed and legitimately was let go his team
    -he had an offer but refused to take a pay cut
    -he was in deep talks with the Ravens and his gf blew that up for him by calling an NFL owner a slave master
    -he’s at the center of very public political controversy.

There’s a number of reasons an owner would want to stay away from Kaep without needing a conspiracy
    I also don't think his lawsuit helped him either - especially trying to name Robert Kraft as one of the people keeping him out of the NFL. The Patriots already have a starting quarterback, and aren't likely looking for someone who thinks he should be doing the job except as a developmental prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm not going to put much substance in preseason games. How many times have teams played like titans and went unbeaten in fake games only to stink like day old diapers when the games counted, and vice versa? As for Foles, it was reported that his arm injury wasn't serious and should be ready for the regular season.
    I don't either.

I do put stock into drives and plays.

And how well back-ups look. And rookies.

Eagles need to hash out that O-line. The depth is lacking. Secondary depth needs some work, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    To be fair to what? He's the GM of a professional football team. I would expect at the very least he'd 'have a QB in mind'. Osweiler was/is a bum (not even a Matt Flynn-esque bum that fooled you for a couple quarters. A legit out of the league in the next couple years bum) and whomever pissed off whomever Elway still thought, as a HOF QB mind you, that he was able to do the job. That's on him, same with Lynch. Elway is arguing against Kaep in bad faith. HE COULD USE KAEP RIGHT NOW but hey, winning is not everything.
    He's looking at veteran QB's possibly. He already has Keenum gonna be the starter for now. He promoted the kid below Lynch to #2. Its not like he's having an emergency right now that he needs a big time veteran QB. He could honestly trade a late round pick for Teddy Bridgewater if he does cut Lynch. But again its not like Elway is operating under an emergency here to bring in a QB , any QB. (He could very well go with who he has and it means keeping Lynch at #3)

So no...he does NOT NEED KAEP RIGHT NOW. He's not in a position where his QB is injured as a starter and no backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I also don't think his lawsuit helped him either - especially trying to name Robert Kraft as one of the people keeping him out of the NFL. The Patriots already have a starting quarterback, and aren't likely looking for someone who thinks he should be doing the job except as a developmental prospect.
    And at the time New England had 2 other QB's below Brady really. 2 they had to move on from as we saw due to salary cap reasons. But hey conspiracies sell. Elway not happy a guy spurned him who he really wanted 2+ years ago and wanted him to take a pay cut all while one Kaepernick fan told me then how wrong it was to expect Kaepernick to take a pay cut comically. (Play like **** for a season or two and yet somehow its wrong to expect GM to go , we'll trade n make you the starter but you need to take a pay cut for a season)

Get ready for the Spanos family to get trashed...

Why Your Team Sucks: THE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

From the Chargers' fans and San Diego fans who have been spurned:

Drew Magary: "Behind Rivers is Geno Smith. Why would you want Geno Smith on your team? The man is a living hex. I get better vibes walking past Sharon Tate’s old house."
    Robert:"My favorite thing about LeBron moving to LA is now his son’s high school basketball team has more fans than the Chargers."

Mike: "I wrote this to a friend immediately following the conclusion of the Chargers/Jaguars extravaganza on November 12, 2017 and saved it for this very purpose. Because, truly, it is everything:

Hey, did you see the Chargers/Jaguars game? You know, the one where Blake Bortles threw two abominable interceptions in the final 2:00, while trailing...and STILL WON THE GAME? No? It’s okay - I’ll provide the following, Andrew Catalon’s exuberance-fueled Cliff Notes... because this one deserved to be preserved for posterity:

-Here is Blake Bortles, throwing the first of two unfathomably abysmal interceptions on the first play after the two-minute warning. This is hardly out of character for Bortles, but it kicks off a chain of events that set football back to days when Red Grange was just a twinkle in his father’s eye.

-Here are the Chargers, electing to keep their three-year veteran, starting running back (who hadn’t fumbled once this season) on the bench in crunch time in favor of a rookie. And here are the Chargers, fumbling the football on the ensuing play (and then stopping and watching in place as Tashaun Gipson runs the fumble back for a touchdown).

-Here are the referees, inexplicably reversing their on-the-field ruling that Gipson had scored and ruling he had been touched down despite seemingly no discernible evidence supporting this.

-Here is Marqise Lee, pummeled sideways by a defensive back - which draws an apparent flag for unnecessary roughness - only for Lee to stand up and dance in the defensive back’s face, drawing a taunting penalty. The referees are now waiving off the unnecessary roughness penalty, meaning that Lee’s own blunder has taken the Jaguars out of field goal range.

-Here is Bortles, airmailing his intended receiver on a post by roughly 12 yards - as Tre Boston catches the interception like a line-drive punt and celebrates while running to the sideline, everyone completely befuddled by just how casual this occurrence was.

-Here are the Chargers, running a total of 27 seconds off the clock after two interceptions of Bortles.

-Here are the Chargers, dropping an unthinkable third interception of Bortles within a 60-second span of gametime.

-Here is Joey Bosa, inexplicably tossing Bortles to the ground late and drawing a roughing the quarterback penalty, moving the Jaguars into field goal range.

-Here is Bortles, nearly being tackled in-bounds while fighting for a wholly unnecessary two-yard gain (which would have run out the clock), despite already being in field goal range. Instead, he makes the sidelines and the Jaguars tie the game at 17 with a field goal at the end of regulation.

-Here is Philip Rivers, throwing up a 50-50 ball (after the Chargers had stopped the Jags on the first possession of OT), resulting in a 51-yard A.J. Bouye interception return. And here is Rivers, the rumbling water buffalo, decleating Bouye at the one-yard line. And here are the Jaguars, drawing another taunting penalty that moved the ball from the 1 to the 16 and erasing a chip-shot field goal attempt.

-Here are the Chargers, somehow drawing a defensive delay of game penalty (!!!) that moved the game-winning field goal attempt (by the kicker who they cut in the preseason in favor of a kicker they ended up cutting after Week 2) from 35 yards to 30 yards.

-And, finally, mercifully, here are the Chargers, partially blocking the game-winning field goal...but only so much that the ball wobbles precisely one-yard over the crossbar. Meaning, had they not committed a defensive delay of game penalty, they still would have been alive and potentially a playoff team in 2017, as another year ticks off Rivers’ career.

Just give me the goddamn electric chair and be done with it."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Calvin Ridley looked outstanding, Falcons second team also played really well against Kansas City's starters

Fantastic Member

Not that anyone is going to cry for the New England Patriots...

Their first pick of the 2018 draft is out for the season with an Achilles injury. He is an offensive lineman and was expected to help fill the loss of LT Nate Solder to the Giants.

Their second 1st round draft choice RB Sony Michel had a knee procedure done. No timetable for his return but is expected back for around the start of the regular season.

Of their 4 player draft from 2017 2 - 3rd rounders, a 4th round pick and a 6th round the two 3rd's missed the entire season of 2017 and the 4th round pick played 6 snaps of the season. However, Derek Rivers 3rd round and Wise 4th are doing well so far this preseason.