GM Chris Ballard started his press conference by saying how hard the passing of Edwin Jackson and Jeffrey Monroe has been on the organization putting things in appropriate perspective. He was only 26 years old and the outpouring from the public was so heartfelt. It had been reported earlier Irsay has said he will pay for the funerals of both men.

He said he heard from McDaniels last Tuesday evening and began with "I've got bad news" and Ballard said "give me a yes or no". No other warning before that. Still had a list of participants and everybody always has a perception of time on getting things done and he indicated that it's important to be RIGHT not always first. He was questioned about Luck and Ballard is right, it's never about 1 guy it's about the team. FWIW, those 'issues' about Luck have been there for over a month. McDaniel's bitch ass interviewed once and said yes, interviewed twice and said yes and McDaniels went to PICK assistnats, 2 of which DID sign that will be retained and the rest agreeing to deals and the press conference was scheduled for today, likely on Irsay's plane which did not p/u McDaniels, with no further notice than that. McDaniels and Luck never spoke.

Ballard so far has been a great front office guy with all the downs so far I feel. He believes in Luck (as do I) and however he isn't throwing a football yet he is throwing and working on speed. It is a shoulder after all and it's touchy.