Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Quarter back, Russel Wilson, was just traded.

From the Texas Rangers to the New York Yankees.
    it took a second for that to process

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    losing your DC and OC in the same season would have been a blow

im sure Kraft paid more than he wanted to, but still keeps the frat boy

I dont know why any team would want to give him another shot at head coach considering what happened with Denver
    He only spent two years in Denver. Josh did terrible, but let's be honest Cutler was not going to be a winner and he proved that a million times over in his career.

Just for posterity.

-Bill Belichick had exactly one winning record on the Browns in 5 years. When he left he had the worst win percentage in franchise history outside of an interim coach and a very short term coach who lasted two years.

-Tom Landry didn't have a winning record his first SIX years on the Cowboys before going on a 20 year run. He had a .322.5 win percentage in that time.

-Chuck Noll didn't have a wining season his first three years.

2 years isn't enough to judge a head coach. If it was the greatest coach in the history of the league and the two greatest coaches of the 70's would have been fired

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    it took a second for that to process
    I watched Seahawks fans on my Facebook explode with, "GOOD RIDDANCE!"

Also, "WTF ARE THEY DOING!?"

But I just learned that Wilson is not well liked by Seattle fans.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    He only spent two years in Denver. Josh did terrible, but let's be honest Cutler was not going to be a winner and he proved that a million times over in his career.

Just for posterity.

-Bill Belichick had exactly one winning record on the Browns in 5 years. When he left he had the worst win percentage in franchise history outside of an interim coach and a very short term coach who lasted two years.

-Tom Landry didn't have a winning record his first SIX years on the Cowboys before going on a 20 year run. He had a .322.5 win percentage in that time.

-Chuck Noll didn't have a wining season his first three years.

2 years isn't enough to judge a head coach. If it was the greatest coach in the history of the league and the two greatest coaches of the 70's would have been fired
    Tom Landry? Chuck Noll? Man we ain't talking about single bar face-mask days of football. Post the modern free agency is a different game altogether. Your were right in saying McDaniels was terrible in Denver. He also wasn't retained in Saint Louis which people never seem to bring up after they got rid of Spagnulo, terrible there too. The current day NFL NO TEAM is going to wait 6 years for a game above a .500 record. It's a huge reach to bring up NFL football from 50 years ago and tailor it to this weasel McDaniels. By that reasoning Chip Kelly ought to be brought back to helm a team, Mike Singletary and a half other bums WORSE than McDaniels ought to get their mulligan in the NFL.

As using Belichick, c'mon now. He was successful BEFORE the Browns stint and everybody knows there were circumstances that made that situation what it became and none of was on Bill Belichick.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And the rich get richer. Damn!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    The Colts were pretty stupid to announce everything before it was official, I'll give you that.
    You can't really blame the Colts here , I mean all indications on Monday was McDaniels was joining the team and had even took part in getting assistant coaches ready. So it seemed like he was gonna come coach the team.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    You can't really blame the Colts here , I mean all indications on Monday was McDaniels was joining the team and had even took part in getting assistant coaches ready. So it seemed like he was gonna come coach the team.
    Agreed. The Colts all but had his name on the dotted line before he changed his mind and basically stiffed them.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

Hearing some rumors that may have affected the McDaniels decision. So he probably got a raise. The amount thrown around was that he was making about $2 million as the offensive coordinator. The amount tossed about as the Colts HC position was $7 million. Another was stability for his kids. I believe they said he has 3 kids all in school. By staying with New England they could stay in the same environment. It was also talked the he would learn handling roster management including payroll/cap management. Stuff that could help him in overall management skills.

I'm not really excited for the draft because many of Belichick's picks haven't been so great. I guess they would focus on defense. The offense is pretty solid if, and it's a bit of a big if, the receivers all come back: Gronk, Eldeman, Cooks and Mitchell.

I am excited by free agency. The Pats may lose some quality players because teams like opening the wallet for Super Bowl participants. The Patriots are pretty good though at signing guys that are under the radar who then do well in the Patriot system creating a lot of depth for the team. Still, wouldn't mind scoring a playmaker. Highly ranked defenses got annihilated in the play-offs this year but that one or two turnovers to give your team an extra offensive opportunity can make all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Agreed. The Colts all but had his name on the dotted line before he changed his mind and basically stiffed them.
    It reminds me when dick head Emmanuel Sanders told Kansas City he was gonna sign with them. That he'd be signing Saturday. He suddenly snuck outta town on that day and wouldn't tell the team that he was gonna sign with Denver instead. Reid was pissed because Sanders could have told them he didn't want to sign and they could make other visits. But its there Reid decided , ya know what...we can draft and build a young WR we need. So thanks to Sanders being a cowardly bitch , the Chiefs got Tyreek Hill 2 seasons later. They had to find the right cog for the system but they did.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Hearing some rumors that may have affected the McDaniels decision. So he probably got a raise. The amount thrown around was that he was making about $2 million as the offensive coordinator. The amount tossed about as the Colts HC position was $7 million. Another was stability for his kids. I believe they said he has 3 kids all in school. By staying with New England they could stay in the same environment. It was also talked the he would learn handling roster management including payroll/cap management. Stuff that could help him in overall management skills.

I'm not really excited for the draft because many of Belichick's picks haven't been so great. I guess they would focus on defense. The offense is pretty solid if, and it's a bit of a big if, the receivers all come back: Gronk, Eldeman, Cooks and Mitchell.

I am excited by free agency. The Pats may lose some quality players because teams like opening the wallet for Super Bowl participants. The Patriots are pretty good though at signing guys that are under the radar who then do well in the Patriot system creating a lot of depth for the team. Still, wouldn't mind scoring a playmaker. Highly ranked defenses got annihilated in the play-offs this year but that one or two turnovers to give your team an extra offensive opportunity can make all the difference.

He's clearly being groomed by Belichick and Kraft to take over the team down the line. In 3-4 seasons , McDaniels will be handed the Patriots job. They decided that Brady needed McDaniels a lot. I do think they draft a QB in the 2nd round and have them groomed behind Tom. With the idea this one will be starting eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He's clearly being groomed by Belichick and Kraft to take over the team down the line. In 3-4 seasons , McDaniels will be handed the Patriots job. They decided that Brady needed McDaniels a lot. I do think they draft a QB in the 2nd round and have them groomed behind Tom. With the idea this one will be starting eventually.
    Another thing I am hearing is that Kraft decided to push hard to keep McDaniels once he had a method of screwing over the Colts - he's still bitter about Ballghazi/Inventgate. All he needs now is to be a deciding vote on something of extreme importance to Fraudger.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Tom Landry? Chuck Noll? Man we ain't talking about single bar face-mask days of football. Post the modern free agency is a different game altogether. Your were right in saying McDaniels was terrible in Denver. He also wasn't retained in Saint Louis which people never seem to bring up after they got rid of Spagnulo, terrible there too. The current day NFL NO TEAM is going to wait 6 years for a game above a .500 record. It's a huge reach to bring up NFL football from 50 years ago and tailor it to this weasel McDaniels. By that reasoning Chip Kelly ought to be brought back to helm a team, Mike Singletary and a half other bums WORSE than McDaniels ought to get their mulligan in the NFL.

As using Belichick, c'mon now. He was successful BEFORE the Browns stint and everybody knows there were circumstances that made that situation what it became and none of was on Bill Belichick.
    This has to be corrected , McDaniels was leaving right at the end of the season , he pretty much was telegraphed at returning to New England once O'Brien did interviews with Texans. They had McDaniels join them as a basic assistant to watch during the playoffs that year. No way was he gonna stick around St.Louis.

Belichick had a successful run as a defensive coordinator and worked years under Parcells as we know. Of course his Cleveland run isn't entirely on him really. So yeah that much is true.

I hope New England works for McDaniels (not really, Bills fan here), because he's probably burned enough bridges in the League that he would not be able to find a home anywhere else.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I hope New England works for McDaniels (not really, Bills fan here), because he's probably burned enough bridges in the League that he would not be able to find a home anywhere else.
    Man, the next time the Patriots are in Indy, I hope "**** McDaniels" echoes on national television all game.

Patriots are targeting TEs, DTs, and a QB in the 1st 4 rounds.

Sounds like defense, a Gronk replacement, and a Brady replacement are on their minds.

That probably means Bennett, Branch, and Alan are done in NE.

And Dion Lewis is going to FA.

Sounds like rebuild mode ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium