Page 20 of 93 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    EAGLES NEWS....

Leaving the nest: TE Trey Burton who threw that Super Bowl touchdown pass to QB Nick Foles in what will forever be known in Eagles lore as the "Philly Special" will sign a 4 year, $32 million dollar deal with Chicago. With Zach Ertz as the starter and grizzled veteran Brent Celek returning for another season, the writing was on the wall for Burton. Well, good for him as he'll probably start for da Bears.

Arriving to the nest: The Birds' defensive line, already menacing for NFC opponents now has the potential to become nightmarish after they signed DT Haloti Ngata to a one year deal. Even though Ngata's best years are behind him at 34, I figure he'll be a situational wreaker of havoc, I'm fine with that strategy as it worked to perfection for veteran Chris Long last season.
    https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/973618434218086400

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    Just heard about that. Makes me wish the Birds had cut Celek first, then tried to keep Burton. Oh, well, them's the breaks.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

News out of NE today ...

- Solder is in a bidding war with the Browns.
    - Amendola is signing with the Dolphins.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Hey WPP, what is up with the Eagles and signing all of these d-linemen?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Hey WPP, what is up with the Eagles and signing all of these d-linemen?
    Depth. Keeping your D fresh is a recipe for winning. A lot.

See LOB Seahawks, most Patriots winning Ds, Ravens, Steelers, and currently the Eagles.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Jimmy Graham is going to be a Cheesehead.

Looks like all the QB jockeying is sorted out

Cousins to the Vikings
    Keenum to the Broncos
    Bradford to the Cardinals(they seem to have a penchant for snakebit QBs held together with duct tape)
    and the Jets are trying to get Teddy Bridgewater edit: They just signed Josh McCown to a 1 year deal

also Greenbay just cut Jordy Nelson continuing their streak of no one knows what the Hell they're thinking at this point but if I'm Aaron Rodgers I'm friggin livid at the organization which is in legitimate danger of sliding to the third best team in the NFC North
    Last edited by Hiromi; 03-13-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Looks like all the QB jockeying is sorted out

Cousins to the Vikings
    Keenum to the Broncos
    Bradford to the Cardinals(they seem to have a penchant for snakebit QBs held together with duct tape)
    and the Jets are trying to get Teddy Bridgewater

also Greenbay just cut Jordy Nelson continuing their streak of no one knows what the Hell they're thinking at this point but if I'm Aaron Rodgers I'm friggin livid at the organization which is in legitimate danger of sliding to the third best team in the NFC North
    Jordy's going to sign with San Fran or NE now.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    News out of NE today ...

- Solder is in a bidding war with the Browns.
    - Amendola is signing with the Dolphins.
    Nice sticking it to the Pats, but he is 32 and we can expect a decline in his productivity. But he does replace Landry which they had to do.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

Will Rodgers have anybody to throw to? I know they are going to have to pay him $200 million, but he does need receivers.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Will Rodgers have anybody to throw to? I know they are going to have to pay him $200 million, but he does need receivers.
    His TEs ... Rogers and now Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    His TEs ... Rogers and now Graham.
    To limit an arm like Rodgers to TEs is like driving a Bugatti in bumper to bumper traffic.

He needs a good WR.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Green Bay was gonna go after Robinson and Watkinds so , the writing on the wall was there for Jordy Nelson. They also wanted Graham. But Chicago and Kansas City jumped ahead of both teams for the WR's so they had to get Graham. If they had missed on Graham the Packers would have been really pissed since they had lost out on the WR's they wanted and the TE.

Arizona signing Bradford is a 1 year deal essentially so its more of a bridge QB situation if they draft one and now the Vikings have to get Cousins since they had gambled and lost 2 starting QB's the last 2 years. If this gamble to lose Keenum and Bradford ....and lose Cousins to the Jets or another team...big blow.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

More bad NE news ...

- Dion Lewis is in a bidding war with the Niners and Titans, Pats are out unless Lewis takes a lower deal.

Malcom Butler's signed with the Titans