Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1395

Predictions for Week 1

Eagles over Falcons- these two teams will meat again in the NFC Championship Game, and whoever wins this game will have home field in that game.
    Ravens over Bills
    Bengals over Colts
    Patriots over Texans
    Giants over Jaguars- Saquon stands out in his first game and upsets the Jags.
    Steelers over Browns
    49ers over Vikings- Jimmy G impresses
    Saints over Bucs
    Dolphins over Titans
    Chargers over Cheifs
    Panthers over Cowboys
    Seahawks over Broncos
    Cardinals over Redskins
    Packers over Bears
    Lions over Jets
    Raiders over Rams

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Word is the Mack contract extension was for six years, $141 million with $90 million guaranteed.
    Scary thing about this is that the Bears defense was already pretty good. That division just became the division of pain. I'm happy for Mack, to be moving away from the Raiders and Gruden - honestly their defense seemed never to be a priority year after year, they just hardly ever improved. Mack was one bright spot. Now I have a reason to tune into Bears games!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He was flipping things on in KC. I mean this was with a rookie Tony Gonzalez who barely played in 1997 and shared time and like I said didn't have the offensive stars he had in Oakland. I mean there was a run where the Chiefs clearly didn't have the guys to make a playoff run and yet somehow Rich Gannon did it.

Gruden got lucky that Gannon was clicking ON at the right moment he got to the Raiders.
    Plus Gannon went to a KC rival, so he was super-motivated. He still gets worked up about the rivalry:

"Derek Carr was terrible. They didn’t run the football. They weren’t good on defense. The coaching was bad… It’s inexcusable to me. And they’ve got problems right now in Oakland. And this has been festering for a while." - Gannon (CBS, last December) after a Raiders loss to KC

Yah, losing out to Elvis Grbac made him pretty mad at KC I think.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Still not as a bad as the trade for Carson Palmer...
    Or Jeff George. That season and a half was like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 09-04-2018 at 12:50 PM.

So close, yet so far...
    Why Your Team Sucks: THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Carson: "We could have resigned Teddy Bridgwater for $800,000 and a ham sandwich and signed the entire rest of the roster until 2025 but instead we gave the GDP of a small country to a weird robot whose only progression over the past 3 years has been slowly transforming from a cool, weird idiot who screams and points aggressively at people to a bizarre statue with an ever darkening tan and a jawline cut from steel who exclusively talks in bible verses. He’ll play behind an offensive line that has been Henry Kissinger’s finest war crime for five years straight."
    Spencer: "The second-best team in the franchise’s 58-year history got completely skullf***ed by a guy who was once benched in favor of the very same QB he beat that day. Then Eagles fans promptly celebrated by co-opting the Skol Chant in the greatest bit of spontaneous ownage I’ve ever seen."

Nick: "This team isn’t a threat to anything besides bird migration patterns."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

This is like the 7 Stages of Grief for a fan lol. Honestly he is a great player. The team just couldn't sign him and broke off talks months ago. And then they act shocked he wouldn't take less still ?
    7 stages maybe, now I’m in the reality stage.
    Mack’s pass rushing abilities are a little overrated.
    He finished only 15th place in sacks last season, because opposing teams has figured him out.
    However he’ll be be playing with a better defense in Chicago, so we will see.

Two to go, and no one probably deserves this more:

Why Your Team Sucks: THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Mike: "Benching your star corner in the Super Bowl where you are getting gashed by NICK F***ING FOLES to make a fucking point is the height of arrogance and it’s making me angry again to even type it."
    Evan: "Our constitutionally uncharismatic, dead eyed bitch QB essentially leveraged his god-status with chowder-addled Pats fans to force the famously remorseless Bill Belichick to trade away the team’s QB future. What the f***."

Neil: "Nothing was done to fix the front 7 that got destroyed in the Super Bowl like an ***hole after a trip to Wahlburgers, the wide receiving depth has been eviscerated, and with Edelman suspended, the passing options will be Gronk and a guy they found outside the stadium wearing a bootleg Wes Welker T-shirt 15 minutes before the game. In spite of the roster starting to look remarkably dilapidated, I still feel bad complaining since the rest of the AFC East is such a s***show that this team could easily make the AFC championship again before flaming out spectacularly."

Laveon Bell is apparently not expected to play week 1

must suck...unless you have Antonio Brown on your fantasy team and now get to look forward to even MORE usage out of him "evil cackle"

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

must suck...unless you have Antonio Brown on your fantasy team and now get to look forward to even MORE usage out of him "evil cackle"
    Their back up is actually really, really good.

This might backfire for Bell.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

Its amazing to see Bell's own offensive linemen on the team don't want him to get paid. How they are tweeting out angry he's holding out wanting paid after having over 3,800+ combined yards rushing and receiving the last 2 seasons. Touching the ball nearly 800+ times in that span. Yet they act like he's greedy for wanting a long term big deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Its amazing to see Bell's own offensive linemen on the team don't want him to get paid. How they are tweeting out angry he's holding out wanting paid after having over 3,800+ combined yards rushing and receiving the last 2 seasons. Touching the ball nearly 800+ times in that span. Yet they act like he's greedy for wanting a long term big deal.
    My uneducated guess is that those linemen are jealous of Bell making more money than them. Well, when the Steelers stumble and bumble offensively without Bell and opponents tee off on Ben Roethilsberger who doesn’t have his top weapon, which ultimately effects the won-loss record, those lardasses will learn the error of their ways.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My uneducated guess is that those linemen are jealous of Bell making more money than them. Well, when the Steelers stumble and bumble offensively without Bell and opponents tee off on Ben Roethilsberger who doesn’t have his top weapon, which ultimately effects the won-loss record, those lardasses will learn the error of their ways.
    Yeah if I'm Bell after seeing how quick my own team would turn on me , I'd be wanting out. Its insane to see them angry at Bell over wanting a better deal since he obviously knows as a RB he has a short shelf life. Like after 30 the clock starts ticking. So at 26 he knows he needs at least 1 big deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Two to go, and no one probably deserves this more:

Why Your Team Sucks: THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
    Out of all the quotes, you omitted this one:

I bet Julian Edelman and Marky Mark use the same steroid dealer. Neither are good at completing a full Patriots game lately.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

One thing's for sure regarding Bell - if given the chance then teams all over the place will be stumbling over themselves to get him and give him that payday.

If Gruden can utilize QB's then explain his Tampa Bay run where he cycled through numerous QB's ? Explain why none of them worked ?

KC wasn't a strong offensive team then , they really weren't a team that would make the playoffs. Gannon carried them that season and got them into the playoffs. The Chiefs started Grbac in that playoff loss and many KC fans will tell you. The team should have kept Gannon since he carried them to a post season run when really the team offensively wasn't that good.
    Because just because you have knowledge, doesn't mean everyone you scout is going to work out. When is the last time Bill Belichick had a really good receiver? Does that mean he doesn't know anything about receivers? I never said Gruden was a quarterback whisperer. I just said that Gannon was in the right place at the right time. Same could be said for Gruden though. He found the guy he wanted, and it was a perfect fit. Finding a quality quarterback is difficult no matter who you are or how much you know. BTW, Gruden did make Brad Johnson a quality starter for a moment in Tampa. During their Super Bowl run.

As for KC, I mean, he may have been better than Grbac at the time. Doesn't mean he was on the cusp of a breakthrough to becoming what he became with the Raiders.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 09-06-2018 at 05:43 AM.

Final one to close out this thread before the NFL starts up tonight:

Why Your Team Sucks: THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Drew Magary: " I’m sure Sal from Manayunk has already bragged to you about this, but GM Howie Roseman—who looks like every highly compensated DNC party operative who believes Medicare For All won’t play well in Chester County—has locked down all of the Eagles’ most important players through the end of this decade. That sounds extremely promising until you remember that the team they beat in the Super Bowl has won five titles because they prize roster flexibility and do NOT make long-term commitments. You think Alshon Jeffery is gonna play up to that contract? He’s hurt already. You got ONE season, Philly. God already knows that was one too many."
    Ryan: "A couple of days after the Eagles won the Super Bowl, my wife says to me: “You know, I think you were happier watching the Eagles win the Super Bowl then you were when our son was born.” Which, she’s not exactly wrong...but in my defense, following a successful c-section, it would have been frowned upon had I run out of the operating room crying and screaming 'F***ING FINALLY' at the top of my lungs."

Steve: "There is still almost no chance we repeat. Our lovable, goofy, ginger QB has had one amazing season and then shredded his knee. Remember the last time that happened? I do, it was RG3. Our HoF Left tackle is 100 years old and also coming off a destroyed knee. His heir apparent is one suspect creatine shake away from a year suspension. Our linebackers are made of glass. Our premier pass rusher is on PUP and not at all happy with his contract after he made the play that won the fucking Super Bowl. Our secondary is Malcolm Jenkins, who himself is an untouchable god on and off the field but he’s surrounded by a guy who’s barely played a down and 2 dudes who are more recognizable for their hair than their coverage."