Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    So happy I'm not a Colts fan right now. Everything hinges on Luck and there seems to be zero back up plans for that franchise. We'll see if Luck can perform at a high level this coming season but I've seen nothing to indicate that.
    They did the same thing with Manning. There was no one behind him and when his health took him out for a season they became the worst team in football.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I said it months ago , they should have drafted a 1st/2nd round QB to have someone behind Luck just in case. Bissett is ok , but he showed he's not gonna be a full starting QB. If something costs Luck in 2018 , they will have another lost season .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They did the same thing with Manning. There was no one behind him and when his health took him out for a season they became the worst team in football.
    You’d think the Colts would’ve learned their lesson after not having a plan B to account for Manning’s absence. As that old saying goes, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Great coach. Never won the Super Bowl, but did help turn three teams around when they were down in the dumps. As a modern era fan though I think I would have been really frustrated with his "Ground Chuck" approach.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Great coach. Never won the Super Bowl, but did help turn three teams around when they were down in the dumps. As a modern era fan though I think I would have been really frustrated with his "Ground Chuck" approach.
    He was best in the 1970's/1980's with the Rams and Seahawks. Everyone tries to forget his last run with the Seahawks in 1991/1992 where his style of coaching had passed and the team was generally terrible. But in his era...he had some great RB's carry that load . From Curt Warner to Eric Dickerson.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

The Andy Reid of yesteryear.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It's kinda ironic seeing how the running game is slowly making a comeback thanks to the likes of Todd Gurley (L.A.), Ezekiel Elliott (Dallas) and Alvin Kamura (New Orleans), just to name a few. Then there's rookie Saquon Barkley who could make a splash with the Giants this coming season. "Ground Chuck" could've made hay with any of those backs if he coached today.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I said it months ago , they should have drafted a 1st/2nd round QB to have someone behind Luck just in case. Bissett is ok , but he showed he's not gonna be a full starting QB. If something costs Luck in 2018 , they will have another lost season .
    C'mon with the jokes. I mean how many teams really even do that. Let alone in the first round... At best you end up with one of those situations where you get some dope like Matt Flynn who got paid and couldn't hit the side of a barn. Draft strategy when Filling in holes, as many holes as the Indianapolis Colts have or anybody else for that fact, does not factor in such an high priced insurance policy. Aaron Rogers has been banged and missed time too, Packers don't draft a QB as a first rounder. If Luck comes back throwing then what will you rhetorically say.

IF Luck never throws again, which is a huge fuckin' IF, Ballard has been working on the important and peripheral parts of the roster since he got here. If we do have to go with Brissett, at least he'll have a full season under his belt, a new and much better offense under Frank Reich and his staff than that DOPE Pagano ever put together and he will not end up getting smashed in the face or running for life when attempting a pass more often than not. This team hasn't (ON PAPER RIGHT NOW) had this munch functional depth at Oline since Manning and Pollian showed Lilja the door, blaming him for that home loss to the JETS in Manning's last playoff game as one of the Colts.

In 2018 Luck can't make it, Brissett can't make happen it then NEXT draft Colts will be shopping in the QB isle of the supermarket. Still under the cap, with younger offensive weapons and more stability on the defensive and offensive fronts. THIS time not throwing a brand new QB in the front of a total team rebuild. Ballard is making sure this gets done like back in 1998 when Manning was drafted, get the best completion of a total team you can before installing that game changing QB. I feel it will be enough to still compete in the AFC South so...
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    C'mon with the jokes. I mean how many teams really even do that. Let alone in the first round... At best you end up with one of those situations where you get some dope like Matt Flynn who got paid and couldn't hit the side of a barn. Draft strategy when Filling in holes, as many holes as the Indianapolis Colts have or anybody else for that fact, does not factor in such an high priced insurance policy. Aaron Rogers has been banged and missed time too, Packers don't draft a QB as a first rounder. If Luck comes back throwing then what will you rhetorically say.

IF Luck never throws again, which is a huge fuckin' IF, Ballard has been working on the important and peripheral parts of the roster since he got here. If we do have to go with Brissett, at least he'll have a full season under his belt, a new and much better offense under Frank Reich and his staff than that DOPE Pagano ever put together and he will not end up getting smashed in the face or running for life when attempting a pass more often than not. This team hasn't (ON PAPER RIGHT NOW) had this munch functional depth at Oline since Manning and Pollian showed Lilja the door, blaming him for that home loss to the JETS in Manning's last playoff game as one of the Colts.

In 2018 Luck can't make it, Brissett can't make happen it then NEXT draft Colts will be shopping in the QB isle of the supermarket. Still under the cap, with younger offensive weapons and more stability on the defensive and offensive fronts. THIS time not throwing a brand new QB in the front of a total team rebuild. Ballard is making sure this gets done like back in 1998 when Manning was drafted, get the best completion of a total team you can before installing that game changing QB. I feel it will be enough to still compete in the AFC South so...

Aaron Rodgers hasn't had the sever injury Andrew Luck has had and even now the Packers made a move to add a QB to groom ahead. They did that by adding Kizer who the coach claims is a 1st round QB talent. Because they wanted someone behind Rodgers in case something happens at his age and injury risk. Brissett last year didn't do much , I doubt he does much if Luck still can't go really.

This was a deep QB draft and the Colts didn't add anything. They better cross their fingers and hope Andrew Luck recovers. If not its another lost year in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    The Andy Reid of yesteryear.
    Or the Don Coryell.

We owe a great debt to Chuck Knox, for showing everyone that having a really good running game isn't quite enough.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

"At the last minute the trial did not start today because of a death in the family of one of the attorneys, but now there will be no trial, as Manning and the plaintiffs have agreed to a settlement."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-fraud-suit/

I wonder what side's counsel had the sudden death on the day of the trial.
    When I was seventeen,

My name was Brian McGee,
    When I was seventeen.

In NFL News , David Tepper is expected to be voted as the new owner of the Carolina Panthers come Thursday at a owners meeting. Tepper sold his minority stake in the Steelers and will now own the Panthers. His bid was $2.2 billion cash bid. Tepper is not expected to make any changes to the organization as he seems committed to Ron Rivera , Cam Newton and Marty Hurney (GM).

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In NFL News , David Tepper is expected to be voted as the new owner of the Carolina Panthers come Thursday at a owners meeting. Tepper sold his minority stake in the Steelers and will now own the Panthers. His bid was $2.2 billion cash bid. Tepper is not expected to make any changes to the organization as he seems committed to Ron Rivera , Cam Newton and Marty Hurney (GM).
    I wonder if he will be bringing the "Steeler way" with him down to Carolina.
    When I was seventeen,

My name was Brian McGee,
    When I was seventeen.

I really don't agree with this one..

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...th-chart-draft

"this is the first offseason in recent memory in which he (Roethlisberger) didn't indicate at least some inclination toward retirement."
    --
    Last season was the first time he brought it up. That's just a stupid, lazy statement that shows he really didn't research this.
    Last edited by Jackmando7; 05-16-2018 at 12:29 PM.
    When I was seventeen,

My name was Brian McGee,
    When I was seventeen.