Page 81 of 93 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1395

My boy Josh Allen is looking better and better with every game. Last week with the 3s, tonight with the twos, and hopefully next week with the ones.

Sucks for McCarron though. Seems he broke his collar bone tonight.

Yeah, hairline fracture.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-17-2018 at 11:36 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    My boy Josh Allen is looking better and better with every game. Last week with the 3s, tonight with the twos, and hopefully next week with the ones.

Sucks for McCarron though. Seems he broke his collar bone tonight.
    I doubt the Jets are gonna trade Teddy Bridgewater or anyone else to a division rival for a backup.

They might have to snag Mike Glennon from Arizona, now that they're content to go with Bradford & Rosen as their 1-2. Might cost them a 6th or 7th round pick to get Glennon as an insurance policy.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Josh Allen has been a very pleasant surprise. I wasn't exactly thrilled when we drafted him with Josh Rosen and Lamar Jackson on the board, but he looks like he could end up being a pretty competent QB. I'd prefer it if he doesn't actually start until later this season, but he looks like a QB, not just an athlete, which was my concern.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Josh Allen has been a very pleasant surprise. I wasn't exactly thrilled when we drafted him with Josh Rosen and Lamar Jackson on the board, but he looks like he could end up being a pretty competent QB. I'd prefer it if he doesn't actually start until later this season, but he looks like a QB, not just an athlete, which was my concern.
    He's always been a QB that could run, rather than an athlete than can throw.

He just didn't have the best OC at Wyoming. Or even an average one. Or supporting cast his final year. But I guess playing a couple of seasons behind a bad o-line at Wyoming prepared him for Buffalo's porous o-line.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So it was a very decent showing from Patrick Mahomes who went 6 of 6 to start against the Falcons. Of course he did have his error as he threw a deep bomb down the sidelines and it was picked off. But in perhaps the best pass of preseason , Mahomes threw a 69 yard bomb (the ball actually went 69 yards threw the air) to Tyreek Hill who beat 3 defenders.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

My Raiders are looking terrible today, I’m glad it’s only pre-season.

So ESPN says it will continue to not air the National Anthem and just go to the game as they did last year. Saying its not about politics and will stay that way. Most comical post I saw on Facebook.

"So why watch football ?"

Yes folks someone posted this because ESPN won't be doing the national anthem and continue that. I posted ...an answer of ..."I watch football for the game..." Its a foreign concept now , why watch football because you won't see the anthem.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

With the Washington Redskins losing RB's by the week due to injuries , Jay Gruden has brought in trio of RB's to look at. Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles are the 2 biggest names and Peterson claims he's finally healthy from a torn ACL he suffered 2 seasons ago. Charles himself had a big September last year but was moved away from by the Broncos as time passed. One RB will be signed (they brought in a RB from ex-Buffalo Bill who may get the nod as he's younger 24)

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So ESPN says it will continue to not air the National Anthem and just go to the game as they did last year. Saying its not about politics and will stay that way. Most comical post I saw on Facebook.

"So why watch football ?"

Yes folks someone posted this because ESPN won't be doing the national anthem and continue that. I posted ...an answer of ..."I watch football for the game..." Its a foreign concept now , why watch football because you won't see the anthem.
    "Don't read the comments."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Monday's edition is up...

Why Your Team Sucks: THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Best submissions from the 12's:

Dain:"Russell Wilson wouldn’t pass a Turing test."

Josh:"I don’t care what their record will be; this is going to be the worst season since 2008, when they went 4-12 and Mike Holmgren was looking at a job with the Cleveland Browns as an upgrade. Carroll brought in incel-lord Jordan Peterson to give a pep talk to the team and probably convince them that they should sign Ray Rice because that whole thing was overblown and the elevator video was a false flag. "

Jay Willis:"This offseason, they gave away their two most outspoken black players and chickened out on signing Colin Kaepernick when he declined to swear a solemn oath that he’d stop the peaceful protests that made him so very available in the first place. Meanwhile, after they cut their domestic abuser backup quarterback—curiously, a policy to which they do not adhere when it comes to players with better draft pedigrees—their only remaining backup quarterback is a Browns washout. Oh, and Pete Carroll invited Jordan Peterson to address his staff this offseason, because as everyone knows, NFL locker rooms have become echo chambers of intolerant feminist thought, and it is important to ensure that men’s rights dips***s everywhere feel welcome in the sport, too. I miss the days when our coach’s penchant for inanity began and ended with 9/11 truthering.

A two-liter of Russell Wilson’s concussion water would instantly become his most talented offensive lineman. Earl Thomas is basically wearing his Texas jersey to every practice. Kam Chancellor looked at the roster and was like, “Nah, f*** this.” Sebastian Janikowski might be the highest-scoring offensive player. All of our running backs are Madden create-a-players who will rush for 100 yards in one week and then disappear off the face of the earth. The fans who expect double-digit wins and have made grotesque, oversized football jerseys into once-a-week business attire—including before preseason games—are going revolt so hard this year when the team finishes 5-11, and they’ll still probably blame Bill Leavy for it."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    With the Washington Redskins losing RB's by the week due to injuries , Jay Gruden has brought in trio of RB's to look at. Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles are the 2 biggest names and Peterson claims he's finally healthy from a torn ACL he suffered 2 seasons ago. Charles himself had a big September last year but was moved away from by the Broncos as time passed. One RB will be signed (they brought in a RB from ex-Buffalo Bill who may get the nod as he's younger 24)
    Looks like the Deadskins will sign Peterson.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Looks like the Deadskins will sign Peterson.
    He had one good game for AZ last year, and other than that, was good for like 2 yards a carry. He's a shadow of his former self.

Yah, I'm sure AP will do great as the only RB. The Deadskins do have an oxygen tank around somewhere right?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The Redskins may have signed him due to Trent Williams who worked out with him saying he's fully back and has his speed back. Of course we will see if that is true or not. Peterson does have a lot of yards on his body for 12 seasons. Over 14,000+ combined yards rushing/receiving. So as a #2 RB (he's the backup to Rob Kelly right now) , how much does Peterson have left at age 33 ?