Page 61 of 93 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Going to look bad if Owens uses a separate personal HOF event for monetization.
    Isn’t Owens going to be on a variant cover to NFL 2K19?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Isn’t Owens going to be on a variant cover to NFL 2K19?
    Yes I think so.

Gronkowski (the horse) finishes 2nd at Belmont Stakes

Just like Gronkowski (the human) and his Patriots teammates finished 2nd at the Super Bowl. Heh!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yeah it appears Owens is in deep hole money wise. He blew through $80 million in his entire career due to insane spending , terrible business deals etc.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/12/what...0-million.html
    Well, keeping money requires self awareness, of which Owens has none.

Owens doesn't have the excuse of never having had enough to save.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well, keeping money requires self awareness, of which Owens has none.

Owens doesn't have the excuse of never having had enough to save.
    I will always remember when Terrell Owens signed with the Eagles in the trade deal he allowed. In that he signed a 7 year , $46-48 million dollar contract. With a $10 million signing bonus. Within a season Owens demanded a pay raise , mocked Donovan McNabb about his Super Bowl performance and led his way outta the Eagles.

But it was amazing to see someone get a nice big pay check , piss everyone off after a year and demand a new contract comically.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I will always remember when Terrell Owens signed with the Eagles in the trade deal he allowed. In that he signed a 7 year , $46-48 million dollar contract. With a $10 million signing bonus. Within a season Owens demanded a pay raise , mocked Donovan McNabb about his Super Bowl performance and led his way outta the Eagles.

But it was amazing to see someone get a nice big pay check , piss everyone off after a year and demand a new contract comically.
    And after the response to even incredibly talented wide receivers who start acting like divas has increasingly been to show them the door.

Owens needs to see a psychiatrist
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Owens needs to see a psychiatrist
    TO does not need to know that there is someone who he can pay to listen to him talk about himself for an hour.

In NFL News , Zack Martin (guard) is expected to sign the biggest NFL contract in history for a guard and get the largest payout at that position. Its expected to be a 6 year deal once signed.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

In NFL News , Zack Martin (guard) is expected to sign the biggest NFL contract in history for a guard and get the largest payout at that position. Its expected to be a 6 year deal once signed.
    Well, at least for this year, anyway.

Pretty sure Gene Upshaw just sat up in his grave and said "Say What?!?"
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

That's fair. He's been one of the top guards since he's come into the League. My one pause is that it seems like every year someone from a random position ends up being the highest paid ever at their position. This type of business can't be sustainable.

In NFL News , the Oakland Raiders have ended the Christian Hackenberg era in Oakland after less than a month. Yes folks , the Raiders traded a 7th round pick (they will get it back) for Hackenberg and in 2-3 weeks decided to cut him. Its pretty clear Hackenberg will never start a game in the NFL now.

In more NFL News ...

- Andrew Luck had a brief practice. He worked through throwing a lighter football than normal and threw only 20 passes today. Also he didn't throw beyond 20 yards. But its a 1st step and the Colts are hoping it continues.

- Former NFL RB Reggie Bush won a $12.5 million dollar settlement against the LA Rams for an incident that happened back in 2015. In it Bush was seeking $4.95 million for an injury that occurred when he played for the 49ers. In it Bush had ran outta bounds and the stadium had a concrete dome that wasn't covered . Bush fell and injured his knee , knocking him out the rest of the year and shortening his NFL career. The next week the Rams had it covered up with a tarp.

The jury awarded Bush more ($7.5 million in damages as well as $4.95 for what happened) . The Rams claim they plan to appeal this lawsuit.

- The Patriots have refuted a story that claimed that Belichick was close to trading TE Rob Gronkowski to the Titans or 49ers this off-season but was nixed when Tom Brady told them he'd retire if it happened. Robert Kraft claims its a bunch of hogwash . Gronkowski is seeking a new big contract.

In NFL News , the Oakland Raiders have ended the Christian Hackenberg era in Oakland after less than a month. Yes folks , the Raiders traded a 7th round pick (they will get it back) for Hackenberg and in 2-3 weeks decided to cut him. Its pretty clear Hackenberg will never start a game in the NFL now.
    Never mind start a game, Hackenberg will never even see the field in garbage time. I'd say it's time the young man give up football and start a different career.