I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So in NFL News ...

- Terrell Pryor is in some hot water with Jets coach Todd Bowles after telling the Washington press after a scrimmage about having a broken ankle back in May. Pryor last year suffered ligament damage to his ankle (tearing 3 ligaments) . He revealed that he had 2 off-season surgeries to repair that as well as breaking his ankle in May. This led Todd Bowles to say that Pryor needs to let him reveal injuries players have.

- Orlando Scandrick was cut by the Redskins in a surprise move. Scandrick was signed to a 2 year deal and was paid $1 million dollars guaranteed to be a veteran CB for the team. He is hitting a free agent market and its said the 1st team he'll visit (and already flying to meet) is Kansas City.

- Miami cut Gabe Wright (DT) after laying a blindside hit on fellow team mate Kenyan Drake (RB) on Monday. What made the hit worse was Wright delivered the hit on Drake when the guy didn't have a helmet on.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Yah I get that its hot this time of year and training gets old, tempers flare. But you just can't do what Wright did.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah I get that its hot this time of year and training gets old, tempers flare. But you just can't do what Wright did.
    He was cut because of that hit. Meanwhile....

Ben Roethlisberger in concussion protocol after hit
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Today's edition is up...

Why Your Team Sucks... THE GREEN BAY PACKERS
    :

Best Packers' fan comments:

Jonathon: "I swear on 9/11 during the local Green Bay 5:00 news, it was 5:08 when they talked about if the Packers would still play the next Sunday."
    Frank: "All it took was one fateful October Sunday afternoon in Minnesota, fucking Minnesota of all places, and an Anthony F***ing Barr sack, to reveal the Packers for what they are: a fraudulent, house of cards organization that was lucky enough to see a cross-bread of Moses and Jesus fall into their laps as their quarterback. Ted Thompson’s defense, entirely built with his 90+ 3rd to 7th round draft picks, looked like the French army in 1940, and Mike McCarthy stuck with a QB who was unable to throw a single TD in Lambeau Field.."

Nathan: "I’d rather open the Ark Of The Covenant than witness another pass from Brett Hundley."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

You can't say I'm not able to slag my own team...

Why Your Team Sucks: THE ARIZONA CARDINALS

Chris: "The majority of the roster is old enough to have kids in college. The young part of the roster is mostly undrafted guys and castoffs. The offensive line is yet another installment of “sign some random assholes and hope the Cohesion Fairy leaves a quarter under our pillows”. The receiving corps consists of a timeless wonder and 7 guys who will be working at a car wash by March. The QB room is a brash intelligent rookie (who I’m legit excited about, because I’m a dumb *******), a giraffe with opposable thumbs, and a man who is only one injury away from living out his days like Cotton Hill.

I’m actually optimistic about the defense, because 3/5 of the defensive roster is guys on one-year deals who will have great seasons and then sign elsewhere next year. Patrick Peterson is finally going to get a chance to make plays on the ball this season, which means he won’t have to worry about continuing to be exposed as a shitty tackler quite as often. The tight ends are a bunch of dudes named Chet, and the “star” TE is a guy who everyone is excited about because he had a single good game last year, and who won’t be told no when he is drunk and has to take a piss."
    The gif of when David Johnson dislocated his wrist and killed a LOT of people's fantasy teams:

Joe: "At this point I’m pretty resigned to the fact that 50 years from now the Cardinals still won’t have a Super Bowl win, and a cyborg Larry Fitzgerald will still be playing while catching passes from some different shitty 35-year-old QB each season."
    PaintbyNumbers: "Someone mentioned Bill Bidwill Sr. is a cheap owner, and hoo damn, do I want to place some reminders on that:

- Bidwill’s entire reason for wanting a stadium of his own was only because he was shocked, SHOCKED that Sun Devil Stadium wasn’t going to let him cash in on the building’s advertising rights.
    In 1993, Bidwill tried to woo free-agent quarterback Joe Montana, but that fell apart when the Cardinals wanted to take Montana on an evening tour of the team facilities and found the place locked up ... and couldn’t find anyone who had the key. (Not even Sun Devil Stadium, this was their old headquarters in Tempe.) Montana, of course, recognizing plain incompetence when he saw it, went to Kansas City and took the Chiefs to the playoffs instead.
    -Bidwill spent most of this team’s first 10-15 years in the state never paying for any free agents (save Buddy Ryan’s washed up Eagles castoffs during his tenure and Chuck “the head hunter” Cecil) while they were a Bottom 5 team.
    -The exception to the garbage years was 1998,that one fluke year where Jake Plummer checked-down to Larry Centers in his prime to mount comeback wins that he put the Cards behind by throwing pick-sixes. So did Bill Bidwill reward all the players that beat the odds and made the playoffs? NOPE. Three key free agents: Linebacker Jamir Miller, the team’s leading tackler; running back Larry Centers, its No. 2 receiver; offensive lineman Lomas Brown, a seven-time Pro Bowl pick and the absolute leader of that locker room... all three left.
    - Bidwill used to mail players their free-agent contracts via Fed Ex or Western Union, but would deduct the amount of postage from their salaries. Let me reiterate that... This ***hole was too cheap to pay for postage delivery of a few dollars extra per player on six figure and million dollar contracts. Think about that... you’re forced to sign with a s*** team like the 90s Cardinals, and realize you’re gonna have to deal with a tightwad owner, and right as you go to sign on the dottted line, you learn he’s so goddamned cheap, he expects YOU to pay for the cost of mailing the very document that makes you his employee. I wonder why nobody wanted to play there, and why no agents respected the franchise?
    -There are stories of him forcing Cardinals rookies to buy their own cleats. Welcome to Arizona, this is you paying your dues until you can leave to play for a real team that isn’t a joke.
    - In 1989, he offered players a decent post-practice meal, and then shocking his players even more when they got their paycheck and saw the cost of lunch had been deducted, every day, from their paycheck.
    -Former Cardinals safety Lorenzo Lynch recalls breaking his facemask during a road game in the early 1990s and asking an equipment man to fix it — and being told the team had already packed its gear for the long trip home. Sorry. No facemask for you.
    -In 1999, TE Chris Gedney was unceremoniously released after coming down with ulcerative colitis.
    - I’ll pause to also add that this team played to a mostly empty 60,000 seat stadium that would only fill up when the Cowboys came to town, and the stands were always 95% blue jerseys from Dallas fans who made the road trip to go to pay for a game less than at Jerrah-town, including the cost of gas.
    - Why did Arizona seem like it never had a home field advantage? Well, maybe because Bidwill reached out to fans in other cities, offering them deals to buy tickets to watch their team travel to Phoenix and play the Cardinals. You read that right. Bill Bidwill courted opposing fans. Anything to make a buck.
    - Because Bidwill was already a tightwad and ASU owned the stadium, he sure as hell wasn’t going to include any improvements on the game day experience for fans. You were going to sit in metal bleachers at 1PM in September in 100 degree weather and cook like a goddamn hot dog on a grill. No seat covers, either. And remember, The Sun Devils at least had the option to play at 7PM out of the sun... not the Cardinals. No... no player was going to sign as a free agent unless it was on a dare. You were going to play, at minimum, two games in 90 100 degree heat a year. For fans, that meant cooking alive on metal bleachers outdoors, for what few suckers would go to such a game. Your halftime show was going to be ramshackle ramps set up for BMX kids and/or a salsa dance studio that was somehow still all-white.
    - He was going to move the team unless the citizens ponied up taxpayer money to build him his new shiny toaster in Glendale. The ballot initiative was put to voters, who voted to keep this team with a whopping... 51%.
    -Michael Bidwill starts to take control of the team from his aging dad as the new stadium opens. They could actually get free agents now that they had a state of the art facility and weren’t going to play in the heat. They had a handful of good drafts circa 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005, and combining that with Kurt Warner under center, won the NFC West by default for a few years because, honestly, the rest of the division was absolute garbage. -They had two lousy years where they were in a QB desert before the Raiders gifted them Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald caught passes from people like Max Hall. MAX HALL! Mormons from Gilbert still call into local sports talk .to bitch about ho the team didn’t give Max Hall from BYU a fair shake when he threw a pick-six a game.
    - The team falls ass-backwards into getting Carson Palmer during his personal renaissance, and gets to the NFC Championship game only to crap the bed. Their championship window shut in a damned hurry, because they couldn’t pay all the young guys holding the roster together.

So here’s the thing about that little history lesson into Bill Sr., and where his son took over. I actually was dumb enough to try and convince myself “The Bidwill family competence just skipped a generation.”

HA! Charles Bidwill only was a successful owner in Chicago. And only then because he got off the ground with the help of one Al Capone. Meanwhile, Michael Bidwill tries taking credit for being the shepherd of this franchise, because he’s a former prosecutor, and can tell in a draft interview or free agent interview if a guy’s got “good character”. He especially touted this superhuman prescience around the time Arizona drafted Tyrann Mathieu in Round 3 of the draft to justify taking a chance on him. Okay. But...

Michael Bidwill still said f*** all about Daryl Washington and tied up millions with him to watch him beat his ex and get suspended for drugs until he just was a ghost (but still $10 million in cap money), he spent a 1st round pick on Michael Floyd and missed all the signs from Notre Dame that he had a drinking problem. He signed Jonathon Dwyer at RB who only led the team in Ike Turner impressions. Oh, and his canny sense to tell good character missed his drunk GM Steve Keim, too.)

And I still thought maybe Michael Bidwill wasn’t full of s***. But then he’s endorsing Brett Kavanaugh, a guy who helped author the Bush era torture program, thinks the Supreme Court’s unanimous vote on Nixon being able to be prosecuted was the incorrect judgement, and endorses him for a lifetime appointment to the goddamned Supreme Court... THE SAME WEEK HE TELLS HIS PLAYERS PROTESTING AIN’T FOR GAME DAYS KEEP POLITICS OUT OF THE GAME.

F*** me for wishing this team success. Larry Fitzgerald’s demigod hands should have gone towards being a f***ing surgeon instead of this tightwad nepotistic sports empire that gets passed from city to city like football herpes every generation."
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-15-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    You can't say I'm not able to slag my own team...

Why Your Team Sucks: THE ARIZONA CARDINALS

The gif of when David Johnson dislocated his wrist and killed a LOT of people's fantasy teams:

It wasn't the stadium issue that made Montana sign with Kansas City in 1993. As he brought up later , he thought the team was good and they had added Gary Clark and Garrison Hearst (as well as Ron Moore). So they had some talent offensively with Centers and Proehl. But Joe saw that KC was prepared to install the offense he had ran since 1979 and brought in a guy he had known with the 49ers with Bill Hackett.

Had the Cardinals brought in someone like Hackett and said , we will run the system you like ...he likely would have signed with the Cardinals. But the Hackett move is what made him go with KC.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Jags CB Jalen Ramsey was utterly candid when asked his opinions about Matt Ryan and all other starting nfl qbs.

He brought up Falcons qb Matt Ryan is overrated hard to disagree with payed the big bucks and Falcons after more 7 seasons with him haven't won a Super Bowl and Stephen A Smith agrees adding that Ryan should be on the hot seat because after mire than 8 seasons Falcons haven't won a damn Super Bowl.
    Now the whole overrated could also be said about Andrew Luck Colts qb because Smith has repeatedly said he's a First ballot hall of famer but then doesn't say he's proving to be overrated since he's repatedly stunk vs the Pats plus other games.
    If you want to give great praise to a player then heavy criticism is warranted when they fail and lose including big games against great foes otherwise it's wanting to have a cake and eat it to.

Also it be easy to take shots at Jags qb Bortles because he can't lead the Jags to victory when it depends all on him to win and it's vs a great, good or pretty good teams.
    They played the Pats in a clpse afc championship game game and he failed to make the major plays in the 2nd half.

Also Josh Allen he says a stupid pick to him, he's trash and will be shown on the field so no doubt he's saying he is a bust.
    I disagre with him he's trash and don't doubt Bills qb Allen will show it on the field, also can't wait to watch the Bills Jags game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Jags CB Jalen Ramsey was utterly candid when asked his opinions about Matt Ryan and all other starting nfl qbs.

He brought up Falcons qb Matt Ryan is overrated hard to disagree with payed the big bucks and Falcons after more 7 seasons with him haven't won a Super Bowl and Stephen A Smith agrees adding that Ryan should be on the hot seat because after mire than 8 seasons Falcons haven't won a damn Super Bowl.
    I'm sorry but Ramsey is smoking serious **** over this statement. If not for the collapse defensively and bad play calling , Ryan would have a Super Bowl. Also the fact the team has won on a near consistent basis with him. More than the Jaguars current QB has done. Hell his team would literally give Matt Ryan huge bucks to sign if they could. Ramsay must be an absolute fucking idiot.

Now the whole overrated could also be said about Andrew Luck Colts qb because Smith has repeatedly said he's a First ballot hall of famer but then doesn't say he's proving to be overrated since he's repatedly stunk vs the Pats plus other games.
    If you want to give great praise to a player then heavy criticism is warranted when they fail and lose including big games against great foes otherwise it's wanting to have a cake and eat it to.

Also it be easy to take shots at Jags qb Bortles because he can't lead the Jags to victory when it depends all on him to win and it's vs a great, good or pretty good teams.
    They played the Pats in a clpse afc championship game game and he failed to make the major plays in the 2nd half.

Also Josh Allen he says a stupid pick to him, he's trash and will be shown on the field so no doubt he's saying he is a bust.
    I disagre with him he's trash and don't doubt Bills qb Allen will show it on the field, also can't wait to watch the Bills Jags game.

Luck has been injured for much of 2 seasons really. I mean that hasn't helped him at all really. The jury is out if he can regain the 2012-2014 run or not. Where he was a hot damn QB and making all those throws etc.

Also as Eli Manning did , the best fucking burn on this idiot.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...-question-who/

"Who ?"

Why Your Team Sucks: THE BALTIMORE RAVENS

David: ”Our 10-year vet QB could only muster the same Madden rating as our rookie who was passed on by every other team in the league.”

Joey: ”C.J. Mosley is a nice player and one of the better linebackers in the league, but he’s like 70 percent of Ray Lewis at best. If he got caught up in obstruction of justice, it would be for grand theft auto”
    Joe: ”Just your quick reminder regarding the past 5 years –
    • Built a statue of an accomplice in a double homicide.
    • Gave a standing ovation to Ray Rice during his first practice back after he Pacquiao’d his wife, only for him to be released by the team AFTER the national media found out about the Ravens security team covering it up.
    • Still currently employing noted domestic-abuser, ugliest man in Baltimore (which, holy ****) and complete asswipe, Terrell Suggs.
    • Gave deaf/mute Joe Flacco the biggest contract ever at the time(!!!)
    • Have generally paced the league in player arrests capped off with Terence Cody illegally owning a f***ing alligator. I just had to type that s*** with a straight face.

In NFL News

- As the Broncos have basically put Paxton Lynch at #3 in the QB rotation , Elway has sent signals Lynch could be a cut soon if he gets a veteran QB signed. Elway however brought up it won't be Colin Kaepernick and with a good reason. Back in 2016 , Elway met with Kaepernick to discuss a new contract (he wanted Kaepernick to take a pay cut for a prove it season) and work a trade with the 49ers. This was after the Broncos were coming off a Super Bowl win folks.

Kaepernick refused this and that nixed a potential trade. As Elway told reporters , Kaepernick had his chance to come there earlier but refused it.

Fantastic Member

Ouch! Nick Foles came out of the Pats/Eagles preseason game with a right arm strain. I still like Foles even though he ripped up the Patriots for a Super Bowl victory so I hope it isn't too bad of an injury but it might put the Eagles in a bit of a bad spot with Wentz still on the bench.

Eagles look like they took too many trips down the winners buffet line this off-season.

Sad to see Foles go down but they got some serious problems not related to the QB.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Ouch! Nick Foles came out of the Pats/Eagles preseason game with a right arm strain. I still like Foles even though he ripped up the Patriots for a Super Bowl victory so I hope it isn't too bad of an injury but it might put the Eagles in a bit of a bad spot with Wentz still on the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Eagles look like they took too many trips down the winners buffet line this off-season.

Sad to see Foles go down but they got some serious problems not related to the QB.
    I'm not going to put much substance in preseason games. How many times have teams played like titans and went unbeaten in fake games only to stink like day old diapers when the games counted, and vice versa? As for Foles, it was reported that his arm injury wasn't serious and should be ready for the regular season.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In NFL News

- As the Broncos have basically put Paxton Lynch at #3 in the QB rotation , Elway has sent signals Lynch could be a cut soon if he gets a veteran QB signed. Elway however brought up it won't be Colin Kaepernick and with a good reason. Back in 2016 , Elway met with Kaepernick to discuss a new contract (he wanted Kaepernick to take a pay cut for a prove it season) and work a trade with the 49ers. This was after the Broncos were coming off a Super Bowl win folks.

Kaepernick refused this and that nixed a potential trade. As Elway told reporters , Kaepernick had his chance to come there earlier but refused it.
    That is just BS. Since when does a deal from 2 years ago mean that that player never gets another offer? Elway is blowing smoke because the owners don't want Kaep playing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!