Page 10 of 93 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

So the Combine starts Wednesday I believe. Who are the guys you're really interested in checking out? Unlike last year, I'm all QB this year. I'll be watching the six main guys (Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, Mayfield, Rudolph, Allen) pretty closely. Mayfield is standing out as my favorite right now, but that could change. I'm also interested in some of the linebacker drills. Unlike last year, which was a banner year for pass rusher style linebackers, this year seems to be pretty stacked with traditional coverage LBs, which is what my team needs.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    So the Combine starts Wednesday I believe. Who are the guys you're really interested in checking out? Unlike last year, I'm all QB this year. I'll be watching the six main guys (Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, Mayfield, Rudolph, Allen) pretty closely. Mayfield is standing out as my favorite right now, but that could change. I'm also interested in some of the linebacker drills. Unlike last year, which was a banner year for pass rusher style linebackers, this year seems to be pretty stacked with traditional coverage LBs, which is what my team needs.
    Well, as an Eagles fan, I'll be interested most in offensive linemen as Jason Peters is pushing 36 and near the end of his career, time to draft his replacement, not to mention draft for depth.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

As a Ravens fan, I'll have my eye on the WRs.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So the compensation that Kansas City will receive for Marcus Peters is a 2nd and 4th round pick this year. Which is stunning low for what Peters is worth. According to reports Peters actions last season scared teams away and only 2 actual teams wanted him. They also knew that KC had a limited market and the Chiefs took the best option they could and did the deal. Kansas City planned to trade Peters for 2 months as well , and told him they would then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Looks like the pissing match between Roger Goodell and Jerry Jones isn't going to be ending anytime soon:

Roger Goodell Expected to Demand Millions of Dollars From Jerry Jones

With the support of many N.F.L. owners, Commissioner Roger Goodell is prepared to escalate his public feud with Jerry Jones, the owner of the Dallas Cowboys and long one of the most influential people in the league, by ordering him to pay millions of dollars for his efforts to derail negotiations to renew Goodell’s contract and for his outspoken defense of a star player who was suspended, according to five league officials with direct knowledge of the situation.

The punishment will be issued in the coming weeks by Goodell, who will declare that Jones’s actions were detrimental to the league, which rarely shows such acute signs of acrimony among owners and the commissioner’s office. Goodell has been reluctant to be seen as exacting retribution for the way Jones tried to sabotage his contract talks, but he was urged to bring the penalties by several owners who believed that Jones had crossed an unspoken boundary by threatening his colleagues.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Honestly not that surprising, he crossed a pretty big line by trying to interfere with a committee specifically selected by the other owners and more importantly by doing it very publicly, pretty big taboos among this kind of organization, probably pissed off a lot of the other owners

Fantastic Member

I didn't catch all of what the sports talk radio hosts were saying but they talked about the Goodell situation. It sounded like the commissioner wants Jones to reimburse the NFL for legal fees defending themselves. They also mentioned something about a rule F C 6 or something like that. If I understood it correctly an owner cannot help a player on his own team defend themselves against the NFL. So the NFL may be trying to get Jones for helping Elliot with the domestic abuse investigation. The hosts additionally added that Jones had filed something legally with the NFL. Because of that Jones has access to every invoice regarding the Elliot investigation and check to see if the NFL went overboarding on excessive charges. The hosts suggested like $1700 for lunch. And by doing so Jones might reduce the amount of money he has to reimburse the NFL.

Jones and Kraft, like them or not, put a lot of time and money into the league to get it EVERYWHERE ... and now you've pissed them both off. Same goes for Pittsburgh. Goodell's gotta go.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Jones and Kraft, like them or not, put a lot of time and money into the league to get it EVERYWHERE ... and now you've pissed them both off. Same goes for Pittsburgh. Goodell's gotta go.
    Have one of them sell their team and become commissioner, if they think they can do so much better.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Have one of them sell their team and become commissioner, if they think they can do so much better.
    Kraft was moving for that and then Goodell and the Jets castoffs took over the front office.

The current TV deals are thanks to Kraft.

I'm of the opinion that any current commish needs to not have worked or even played for a NFL team.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I don't think I like 15 yard pass interference. It gives defenders a reason to mug a receiver if it's going to be more of a 15 yard gain.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They're still only two members of a 32 member board, and if anything their prominence is more likely to inspire other owners to band against them than support them. Especially Jones whom a lot of the other owners believe promotes himself and his franchise morso than the NFL et all

And Goodell's not going anywhere until his brand new contract runs out, people need to accept that, even the owners who won't admit it would rather he take heat instead of them despite him only really being their collective spokesman

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I don't think I like 15 yard pass interference. It gives defenders a reason to mug a receiver if it's going to be more of a 15 yard gain.
    I'm okay with it, spot of the foul has always made it seem disproportionately rewarding to the offense compared to virtually every other penalty in the game, and it's not like the defensive side of the teams couldn't do with an aid in the current game
    Last edited by Hiromi; 02-27-2018 at 12:17 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News

- The Minnesota Vikings are planning to let Teddy Bridgewater go into free agency. The general belief is the Vikings will let all 3 QB's go and try for Kirk Cousins.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    They're still only two members of a 32 member board, and if anything their prominence is more likely to inspire other owners to band against them than support them. Especially Jones whom a lot of the other owners believe promotes himself and his franchise morso than the NFL et all
    That was one of the rumors behind Ballghazi - that the other owners were jealous of Kraft over the narrative for his part in getting the current labor agreement signed. None of the other 31 were happy hearing how KRAFT had saved football (which, to be honest, was what the commentators seemed to be saying).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    The no perfect answer to Pass Interference. Even when it is in the favor of my favorite team I still pretty much hate P.I. since one never knows if the receiver was actually going to catch the ball. I'm guessing even at a 15 yard or less it woulds still be a 1st down which is not insignificant. Scooting to the NFL.com an article mentioned that illegal contact - hand fighting - might be pushed to help offset if P.I. gets changed.