Page 13 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The smartest thing the Browns could do right now is throw as much money as it takes to get Cousins. Then get Barkley at one and whoever the best WR or offensive lineman you can get is at number 4.

However if you can't get Cousins, and you have a clear favorite between Darnold and Rosen, you get the QB first. If it's a toss up, maybe take a chance at 4.
    Not drafting a first round QB will likely be one of the demands it takes to actually sign Cousins, it's not like they can kill every other team's monetary bid for him in a hard capped league

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its projected 4 QB's could go within the 1st , 15-20 draft picks. So If I'm Cleveland and Dorsey I attack it this way.

- Cleveland has a **** LOAD of holes to fill on roster. Dorsey even himself said the entire team was **** last year. The only good player you have is Joe Thomas and he may retire. So my stance is ...this draft has to get IMPACT starters . Guys who will make an impact and start for this team. Cleveland hasn't been able to do that and as I examined weeks ago the team had 1 ok starter at RB in the span of 2015/2016.

As much as Barkley is considered a STUD RB , well folks the Chiefs and Saints showed you can find RB's cheap and easy in the 3rd/4th rounds. So the Browns need to hold off on Barkley. Since they tried drafting a "Can't Miss RB" before with Trent Richardson and he was a bust. This means they need WR , TE , QB , Offensive Line and Defense.

- The best idea would be to trade with either Broncos , Jets or Miami down and assemble more draft picks. They will demand a big price for the 1st and likely 2 or 3 , 1st round picks as well as some 2nd and 3rd's. The idea is right now Cleveland has 6 draft picks in the 1st 65 picks. If you can get 8 or 9 in the 1st 65 picks , that ups your ability to bring in impact players. They need an impact WR for their QB as well as offensive line. Its why the QB's the last 2 seasons were beaten like hell.

- There is expected to be 4 QB's taken in the 1st 15-20 picks. If Cleveland can stick around the top 10-12 , they can score a franchise QB. So the goal is to at least get a franchise offensive lineman and QB or a franchise WR and QB. Maybe the WR/QB combo best since this draft is deep at offensive line. But you gotta get someone to help the QB out so WR would be perhaps best.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Not drafting a first round QB will likely be one of the demands it takes to actually sign Cousins, it's not like they can kill every other team's monetary bid for him in a hard capped league
    Actually it's a lot like that. The Browns have the most cap at 111 million. The second highest is the Jets at 94 million and the Bears come in third 30 million behind the Browns at 80 million. The league average is 37 million.

Pretty sure they still have to field a team around a QB. So I suppose amend it to they can't kill every other team's monetary bid for him without completely screwing themselves over in a hard capped league(which is likely to be another factor in his job hunt).

Extraordinary Member

Pretty sure they still have to field a team around a QB. So I suppose amend it to they can't kill every other team's monetary bid for him without completely screwing themselves over in a hard capped league(which is likely to be another factor in his job hunt).
    They cold outbid every other team and he relatively fine. Most of their contracts are rookies, the cap goes up every year, the biggest signing they will have is Garrett in 4 years. They should be able to offer a lot more before they have to worry in 3-4 years about cap issues.

Cousins has apparently narrowed his search to the Vikings and Jets

Jimmy Graham is most likely done in Seattle, they're not expected to resign him

Raiders have cut Aldon Smith

Browns should offer like 3 or 4 1st round picks and a pay increase for Brady or Rodgers or someone like that. Just to see if that works or not.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Cousins has apparently narrowed his search to the Vikings and Jets

Jimmy Graham is most likely done in Seattle, they're not expected to resign him

Raiders have cut Aldon Smith
    Let's see:
    - Go with the Vikings, Cousins!
    - Patriots and Saints have been tied to Jimmy already.
    - Smith's best chances of playing are with the Gridiron Gang given the current APB out on him in SF for yet another DV.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Aldon Smith is a Ryan Leaf-level dumbass. Enjoy the rest of your life parking cars, dude, in between jail time.

Wondering what is going to happen with Sammy Watkins. Chances are decent that he'll be enticed away from the Rams, leaving them room to maybe pick up a WR cast off or two. Alot of teams will want his level of production, and I am not sure the Rams believe they have to have him.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-05-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Matt Bryant, the ageless kicker, has been extended through 2020, by which time he'll be 45 years old, and still probably nailing 50 yarders

Cap this year is set at 177 million, 10 million up from last year

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News

- The Philadelphia Eagles have revealed the price for Nick Foles. It will be a 1st round draft pick and even then they may not even trade him. Foles and Wentz only count $15 million against the salary cap next season.

- The Legion of Boom is undergoing the biggest shake up in Seattle. The careers of Kam Chancellor and Cliff Arvil are in jeopardy , Richard Sherman is trying to recover from surgery on both Achilles . And the Seahawks are possibly discussing trades of Earl Thomas and Michael Bennett. Its been said Bennett likely will be traded once the league year starts. Also the fact new defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr is coming in.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - The Philadelphia Eagles have revealed the price for Nick Foles. It will be a 1st round draft pick and even then they may not even trade him. Foles and Wentz only count $15 million against the salary cap next season.
    I'm still extremely loath to trade Foles because there's no way of knowing if Wentz will be ready for the new season, and I do NOT want to leave the team in the hands of untested Nate Sudfield, regardless of how much Doug Pederson and GM Howie Roseman gushed about him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm still extremely loath to trade Foles because there's no way of knowing if Wentz will be ready for the new season, and I do NOT want to leave the team in the hands of untested Nate Sudfield, regardless of how much Doug Pederson and GM Howie Roseman gushed about him.
    Honestly, I think if someone like the Jets or the Broncos or the Browns bite on a First Rounder for Nick Foles, it should at least be considered. Getting a second first rounder for a team that has only a few holes to fill and still has their franchise Quarterback is a really nice place to be. It allows them to get Calvin Ridley and replace Jason Peters in the first round. It's helpful when you don't have a second or third round pick.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Honestly, I think if someone like the Jets or the Broncos or the Browns bite on a First Rounder for Nick Foles, it should at least be considered. Getting a second first rounder for a team that has only a few holes to fill and still has their franchise Quarterback is a really nice place to be. It allows them to get Calvin Ridley and replace Jason Peters in the first round. It's helpful when you don't have a second or third round pick.
    I've been of the opinion the Eagles should focus on offensive line in the draft. Another possibility in that vein is Orlando Brown Jr., a 6-7, 345 road grader from Oklahoma who's stock appears to have fallen after a poor showing at the Combine and could be available for the Birds to pick at #32. Meanwhile, if the Birds were to trade Foles, they should insist on nothing less than a first AND a second.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!