Page 14 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    More fodder to strengthen my belief that Kaepernick will never throw another pass in the NFL. When a team in need of quarterback help brings in some stumblebum off the street who hadn’t thrown a pass in anger for almost half a decade over Kaep, that tells me he needs to give up football and start a new career, either in activism or politics. Kaep is the ultimate pariah no team will touch.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News

- The Vikings are currently debating on whether to pursue Kirk Cousins or not given that his salary demands will be $30 million a season. They have denied that they offered Cousins a 3 year $90+ million dollar offer. The team is debating giving Cousins that type of deal as they have numerous free agents like Stephen Diggs who will command pay raises in a season or two.

- The Pittsburgh Steelers have franchised tagged Le'Von Bell again and its expected to be a show down til a deal is done. Bell does not want to be tagged again and pushed that a deal be made.

- The Chicago Bears decided to transition tag Kyle Fuller (CB). The Bears have more than $60+ million in cap room and plan to work on Fuller's deal. But this comes with a risk as teams can sign Fuller to an offer sheet and force the Bears to match it or they risk losing Fuller.

- Sammy Watkins and Allen Robinson (WR) were both informed they would not be tagged. Both men head a very weak free agent class at WR. Robinson was injured last year with a torn ACL and that will effect his value. Watkins hasn't really set the world on fire since 2015 season and hasn't passed 600 yards receiving in 2 seasons.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - The Vikings are currently debating on whether to pursue Kirk Cousins or not given that his salary demands will be $30 million a season. They have denied that they offered Cousins a 3 year $90+ million dollar offer. The team is debating giving Cousins that type of deal as they have numerous free agents like Stephen Diggs who will command pay raises in a season or two.
    I understand Cousins is just taking advantage of the current market price for quarterbacks and whatnot, however, there is NO FREAKING WAY IN HELL he's worth $30 million a season since he has as many playoff wins under his belt as you or me. That's obscene!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I understand Cousins is just taking advantage of the current market price for quarterbacks and whatnot, however, there is NO FREAKING WAY IN HELL he's worth $30 million a season since he has as many playoff wins under his belt as you or me. That's obscene!
    The Jets could likely pay that amount and draft a franchise QB in case Cousins doesn't work out.

But yeah the $30 million price tag is too steep. But where a 34 year old Alex Smith just got handed a $23.5 million a season for 3 years , I'd say Cousins who is 4 years younger (30) is worth around $25 million a season value wise. But even then I'd have an "out" within 2 seasons if it doesn't work out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Just saw this on my Twitter feed:

Peyton Manning sells his stake in Papa John’s

And the downfall of Papa Jackass continues. Makes me happy.

Iconic NFL referee Hochuli retires, replaced by son

Damn! I'm gonna miss seeing his guns on Sunday afternoons!

Just saw this on my Twitter feed:

Peyton Manning sells his stake in Papa John’s

And the downfall of Papa Jackass continues. Makes me happy.
    To be fair its only 31 Denver area Papa Johns he owned. Given that Peyton lives away from Denver I kinda expected he'd sell them at some point. As the article claims he's still gonna stay on as a spokesman and do commercials for the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    NFL News

Not worth that much to anyone who is not desperate. Cousins lacks intangibles that make QBs great, he just does. Decent passer as long as things are going well, but not a guy to step up and win big games.

- Sammy Watkins and Allen Robinson (WR) were both informed they would not be tagged. Both men head a very weak free agent class at WR. Robinson was injured last year with a torn ACL and that will effect his value. Watkins hasn't really set the world on fire since 2015 season and hasn't passed 600 yards receiving in 2 seasons.
    But he had as many touchdowns last year as he did in 2014-2015 in spite of joining the Rams late last season. He's a role player. His role is to score TDs, not crank yardage. That was Gurley's role last year.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Jimmy Garoppolo, Matthew Stafford, Derek Carr, and now Kirk Cousins will be the 4 highest payed players in the NFL.

What do they all have in common?

0 playoff wins.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Jimmy Garoppolo, Matthew Stafford, Derek Carr, and now Kirk Cousins will be the 4 highest payed players in the NFL.

What do they all have in common?

0 playoff wins.
    At least the first has a good reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    At least the first has a good reason for it.
    I would agree and say Carr does, too. Cousins is borderline and Stafford is terrible.

But still.

Rodgers, Big Ben, and even Wilson have to salivating right now. Foles is gonna get paid soon, too!

Damn.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-07-2018 at 11:29 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Seattle has traded Michael Bennet and a 7th rounder to the Eagles for Marcus Johnson and a fifth rounder

There's also rumblings that Richard Sherman might be let go

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Seattle has traded Michael Bennet and a 7th rounder to the Eagles for Marcus Johnson and a fifth rounder

Just heard about the Bennett trade. Whoa! Didn’t see THAT coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Sounds like retirement is more probable than not.