Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News

- The Vikings have signed Kirk Cousins to a 3 year , $84 million dollar deal. As the Vikings watched Bradford and Keenum leave and rumors that Bridgewater will sign with the NY Jets ...the only option left was Cousins or AJ McCarron.

- The Washington Redskins signed Paul Richardson (WR) to a $40 million deal . Richardson exploded last season for Seattle and is considered a big play threat as the team missed DeSean Jackson last year.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Depth. Keeping your D fresh is a recipe for winning. A lot.

See LOB Seahawks, most Patriots winning Ds, Ravens, Steelers, and currently the Eagles.
    Agreed. Despite what happened in Minnesota a month ago, defense still wins championships, and the Eagles are doing their best to build one for the ages.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Malcom Butler's signed with the Titans
    Ouch. What in the world went on behind the scenes there, will we ever know? Maybe its just as it looks, but man it sure seems like more than it looks.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    The Kirk truthers are heading to Minnesota.
    3 years upwards of 80mil, motherfather...
    For some reason my snarkiness wants to say....

"This is a great day for the Packers."

Fantastic Member

As a Patriots fan I hate to see Dion Lewis go. The Patriots winning percentage when he is in the line-up is huge and falls considerably when he is not. The one slight I have against Lewis is that his durability is questionable.

Not shocked at all to see Butler move on from the Patriots. Would've been shocked to see him stay actually.

Amendola going to the Dolphins was a bit of a surprise. Amendola has taken a number of pay cuts to stay with NE in the past and may have just said enough is enough. But the Dolphins, wow, I just don't see the Dolphins being anything more than .500 next year if that since they have jettisoned high priced but good players. And I have no faith in Tannenhill.

One thing I've learned as a Patriots fan is that the Patriots almost never make big free agent signings. They are much better at picking at the leftovers and finding good bargains that add depth to the team.

EDIT: Wherever Chris Long signs is my Super Bowl winner pick for next year. He's won the Super Bowl two years in a row and on two different teams.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    As a Patriots fan I hate to see Dion Lewis go. The Patriots winning percentage when he is in the line-up is huge and falls considerably when he is not. The one slight I have against Lewis is that his durability is questionable.

Not shocked at all to see Butler move on from the Patriots. Would've been shocked to see him stay actually.

Amendola going to the Dolphins was a bit of a surprise. Amendola has taken a number of pay cuts to stay with NE in the past and may have just said enough is enough. But the Dolphins, wow, I just don't see the Dolphins being anything more than .500 next year if that since they have jettisoned high priced but good players. And I have no faith in Tannenhill.

One thing I've learned as a Patriots fan is that the Patriots almost never make big free agent signings. They are much better at picking at the leftovers and finding good bargains that add depth to the team.

EDIT: Wherever Chris Long signs is my Super Bowl winner pick for next year. He's won the Super Bowl two years in a row and on two different teams.
    Danny isn't getting any younger. He has his rings, now is his last chance to get his millions before he has to retire.

I'm sad to see him go, but this decision is probably what's best for him.

I'm sadder to see Dion go, though.

Dion is expected to go to the Niners now. And Nelson wants to play for Brady. Like he'll play for free bad. But he's really interested in the Raiders system.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Well Miami seemed intent on replacing Landry and signed 2 players for that. Albert Wilson (WR) from the Chiefs was signed to a $24 million dollar deal for 3 seasons while they also got Amendola. So the Dolphins seem intent on getting slot guys for that role.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well Miami seemed intent on replacing Landry and signed 2 players for that. Albert Wilson (WR) from the Chiefs was signed to a $24 million dollar deal for 3 seasons while they also got Amendola. So the Dolphins seem intent on getting slot guys for that role.
    Do they intend to get a real QB?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Do they intend to get a real QB?
    From all indications they seem to be planning to keep sticking with Tannehill. Unless they do a shocking trade or one falls to them. But they seem to be staying with him.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - The Vikings have signed Kirk Cousins to a 3 year , $84 million dollar deal.
    And I heard on NFL Network that every last dollar of that deal was guaranteed. Not bad for a QB with a 26-30-1 career record.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Arizona is apparently going to sign Sam Bradford, which means we also need to get excited about whoever they draft or sign as a backup, because we'll be seeing them by October with as durable as Bradford is.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Arizona is apparently going to sign Sam Bradford, which means we also need to get excited about whoever they draft or sign as a backup, because we'll be seeing them by October with as durable as Bradford is.
    NFL.Com marveled at the way Bradford is able to continue to get big contracts . His deal is $15 million guaranteed for 2018. The guy keeps getting injured and keeps making big money.

Funny weird things about the whole Cousins , Keenum , Bradford and Bridgewater deal.

- Ok the Vikings were kinda scared that if they didn't get Cousins , they would have to quickly try and work a deal with Keenum or Bradford. This made Bridgewater the odd man out as its learned he wasn't gonna be brought back regardless. But unless Cousins signed , they were gonna have to appease Keenum with a deal.

- Of course Keenum knew this and wasn't happy. So the hero of the Vikings playoff win decided to say screw that noise and signed with Denver. Who its expected knew the cost of Cousins was too high as he was gonna get a lot of guaranteed money. (all $84 million fully guaranteed ...for 3 years !) So Elway decided the best option and someone who played really solid was Keenum who will be a cheaper option but has actually won a playoff game than Cousins.

- The Jets watched as Cousins said thanks , but no thanks. So the Jets being like the Browns decided to pretty much continue to do puzzling fucking moves. They are being back McNown who was told he'd be the starter. Then signed Bridgewater to a 1 year deal. But now the big question is ...are the Jets seriously standing pat at this ? Or do they draft QB ? If your a Jets fan expect them to not draft a QB and continue this show folks.

- Buffalo wanted Bradford who Arizona signed. Of course the Cardinals wanted Cousins but its kinda a bet they didn't have the cap room to hand him all those guaranteed bucks. So they settled on Bradford for **** knows what reason. I think its because he can start 1 year and then go injured and so on.

- Meanwhile the consolation prize for Buffalo could be AJ McCarron who could surprise everyone and actually be a surprise if things work out.

The Bills definitely are going after one of the top picks. The QB of the future was not going to be found in free agency, which seems to be something that all the other teams agreed on too as Cousin's three year contract ended up being the longest. Doesn't seem like anyone is expecting to find their Drew Brees in this group of Free Agent QBs. I wouldn't mind McCarron on a prove it deal to start while we wait for the rookie we get to be up to speed and take some hits while we build up our team, but I definitely would not be happy with him as a long term solution.