Page 30 of 93 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Depends on a few things, for one being rich and affluent can work against you if a DA want's to send a message/set an example. The interviews make it sound like they want to send a message. Second this is a Grand Jury indictment, that means the prosecution has already convinced a jury that there's enough evidence to make this specific charge worth going to trial, that means the prosecution might not be in the mood to strike a particularly lenient deal if they thing their case it strong, there's a serious backlog in cases waiting a Grand Jury, if they took the effort to wait this out it means they probably have an at least fairly strong case against him.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Air Raid Offense doesn't do well in the modern NFL. Too many athletic corners and safeties now. Even linebackers are making QBs pay these days. Does he have a good play action move?
    It's not just his arm. He's who I would draft if I had my pick of the litter. If this guy played for USC, Alabama or any big school, he would be the consensus #1.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well the Rams & Titans which were leading the push to land Ndamukong Suh may have a contender. Suh claims in an interview he hasn't even met with the NY Jets and they offered him a pretty big deal to sign. Suh now it seems is debating going for the "money" or the potential to win a championship with a low offer. Gonna be interesting to see what he does.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well the Rams & Titans which were leading the push to land Ndamukong Suh may have a contender. Suh claims in an interview he hasn't even met with the NY Jets and they offered him a pretty big deal to sign. Suh now it seems is debating going for the "money" or the potential to win a championship with a low offer. Gonna be interesting to see what he does.
    Well, if he wants to win a championship, then he should sign a one year, $10 million deal with the Cowboys.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Well, if he wants to win a championship, then he should sign a one year, $10 million deal with the Cowboys.
    Well I'm sure the Cowboys want a negative influence in the locker room . I mean its been awhile since they had Terrell Owens so getting Suh would be like a return to that. That is partly why Miami cut him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well I'm sure the Cowboys want a negative influence in the locker room . I mean its been awhile since they had Terrell Owens so getting Suh would be like a return to that. That is partly why Miami cut him.
    I was joking. I don't want this guy on my team.

Reports are that the Cowboys are set to sign OT Cameron Fleming from the Patriots. They restructured Jason Witten's contract to make cap room for the signing today. They also restructured Travis Frederick's deal to make cap space for the two WR they signed last week. I'd heard they were looking to move La'el Collins back to guard after playing him at tackle last year, and after letting Jonathan Cooper sign elsewhere. This will help with that, though I am not sure if they intend to start Fleming if they sign him or have him be veteran depth to guard against what happened last year when Tyrone Smith couldn't go because of back issues. Zack Martin is currently the only guard on the roster, and if they are signing another tackle, it's a pretty good sign Collins will switch back to guard next year (and I am hoping the next major deal they announce is extending Martin who is playing on his fifth year option this upcoming season).

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

It was a good signing. It definitely allows them to kick Collins back inside to LG, where he played in college.

Now they can go BPA. But I hope they get one of Derwin James, Roquan Smith or Edmunds

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The more I read and hear about the situation regarding Michael Bennett, the more questions pop up, such as:

—why wasn’t there video of the alleged altercation, especially at a Super Bowl where security is dialed up to 15?
    —why didn’t the cop who witnessed the altercation radio for help?
    —why wasn’t Bennett arrested after the incident and had been allowed to walk?
    —why wasn’t there any medical records for that employee who had been allegedly injured by Bennett?
    —why did it take 14 months to present the case to that grand jury?
    —if Bennett knew an indictment was coming, why didn’t he inform the Eagles or Seattle?

Now, is it possible that Bennett acted the ******* and did what he was accused of doing? Yeah, but with a woeful lack of evidence beyond what a cop said (and let’s no kid ourselves that cops wouldn’t gin up evidence if not flat out lie to suit their ends), suddenly, this situation isn’t a slam dunk indictment for the Houston Police. As the Eagles, they’ve already clammed up while waiting to see what happens next.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    It's not just his arm. He's who I would draft if I had my pick of the litter. If this guy played for USC, Alabama or any big school, he would be the consensus #1.
    He has accuracy issues which is a major red flag when translating to the NFL. Nobody would be surprised if his ceiling ends up being Jay Cutler and his floor is a bust. Even at a big school I don’t see him being over Darnold or Rosen.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The more I read and hear about the situation regarding Michael Bennett, the more questions pop up, such as:

—why wasn’t there video of the alleged altercation, especially at a Super Bowl where security is dialed up to 15?
    —why didn’t the cop who witnessed the altercation radio for help?
    —why wasn’t Bennett arrested after the incident and had been allowed to walk?
    —why wasn’t there any medical records for that employee who had been allegedly injured by Bennett?
    —why did it take 14 months to present the case to that grand jury?
    —if Bennett knew an indictment was coming, why didn’t he inform the Eagles or Seattle?

Now, is it possible that Bennett acted the ******* and did what he was accused of doing? Yeah, but with a woeful lack of evidence beyond what a cop said (and let’s no kid ourselves that cops wouldn’t gin up evidence if not flat out lie to suit their ends), suddenly, this situation isn’t a slam dunk indictment for the Houston Police. As the Eagles, they’ve already clammed up while waiting to see what happens next.
    For the last two Grand Jury proceedings take forever, there's a backlog of cases in the US waiting for Grand Juries, a year or so is actually about right, and the proceedings are secret, so Bennet probably wouldn't have known it was underway

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Air Raid Offense doesn't do well in the modern NFL. Too many athletic corners and safeties now. Even linebackers are making QBs pay these days. Does he have a good play action move?
    Air Raid? Uh, Josh Allen played under center at Wyoming. Often had a fullback behind him, and a RB behind the fullback, with a tight end upfront blocking as much as going out to catch the ball.

sign,
    long time Wyoming fan.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    He has accuracy issues which is a major red flag when translating to the NFL. Nobody would be surprised if his ceiling ends up being Jay Cutler and his floor is a bust. Even at a big school I don’t see him being over Darnold or Rosen.
    Those other guys had OCs that would draw up screens and quick slants fairly often. I can count the number of times, the past two seasons, those plays were called on my fingers. Plus, I'm sure they had better o-lines and guys that could find separation from defenders. Allen, particularly this last year, didn't really have people to throw to. 2016 season had all of his primary receivers, center, and runningback all go to the NFL.

His performances at the combine, senior bowl, and pro-day are not to be overlooked.

Suh signed with the Rams. Not thrilled about his attitude, but Suh and Donald on the same team could be very interesting.

"The best remaining player in free agency has made a decision on where he'll be playing for the foreseeable future.

Ndamukong Suh is signing with the Los Angeles Rams on a one-year, $14 million deal, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources.

Suh made his decision after visiting with the Saints and Titans last week before visiting L.A. on Tuesday. He initially planned to visit the Raiders on Wednesday before deciding to skip the scheduled meetup. Despite not hosting Suh on a visit, the Jets emerged as a serious contender for his services late in the week, but rescinded their offer on Sunday."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...1year-14m-deal
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-26-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Those other guys had OCs that would draw up screens and quick slants fairly often. I can count the number of times, the past two seasons, those plays were called on my fingers. Plus, I'm sure they had better o-lines and guys that could find separation from defenders. Allen, particularly this last year, didn't really have people to throw to. 2016 season had all of his primary receivers, center, and runningback all go to the NFL.

His performances at the combine, senior bowl, and pro-day are not to be overlooked.
    I'll give you the Senior Bowl, but I don't think the Combine and especially the Pro Day are all that great at judging quarterbacks. There's just so much more to quarterbacking than how far they can throw in a friendly environment. The way I break it down is that every year or few years there's one quarterback prospect who seems to check off all the boxes when it comes to measurables. Sometimes they work out and sometimes they don't. When I see Allen, I see the same hype surrounding EJ Manuel, Cardale Jones, Black Bortles and JP Losman. All of them looked good on paper and looked good in workouts, but they couldn't translate it to the NFL. I think Allen could end up being a good prospect, but I think he's going to be more of a project than his scouts imply.