Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

49ers have extended Jimmy G for 5 years at 137.5 mil, so they officially have their franchise QB now

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Patriots are targeting TEs, DTs, and a QB in the 1st 4 rounds.

Sounds like defense, a Gronk replacement, and a Brady replacement are on their minds.

That probably means Bennett, Branch, and Alan are done in NE.

And Dion Lewis is going to FA.

Sounds like rebuild mode ...
    I wouldn't say rebuild mode.

Lewis is really the only mainstay on offense I can see leaving. And he's been an injury liability. Bennett was on the team for like 2 weeks. They probably just want to get a 2nd TE as Gronk insurance since Allen isn't working out. The offense itself will stay relatively intact. They are getting getting Edelman back which is huge. Cooks/Amendola/Edelman/Hogan/White/Burkhead/Gronk is as strong an offensive core as you will have in the league.

Defense is the issue. Butler's gone unless a miracle happens. Now they will get Hightower back who is there best defensive player. That's big. If you can keep the LB corp with a healthy Hightower, that dramatically improves that phase of defense. Rivers who was a major draft pick should help some on the defensive line. They need more depth there.

But still defensively you have Brown continuing to improve, Rivers coming back, Hightower, adding another pass rusher in the draft. Maybe finding another CB and their defense should be workable.

They need the same work they needed going into the last season. It's not really a rebuild though. If it was they wouldn't be looking for a QB in the 4th round.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    49ers have extended Jimmy G for 5 years at 137.5 mil, so they officially have their franchise QB now
    Wow! That's a lot of coin for a guy who only started, what, six or seven games this past season?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

How many games has this guy even played?

Going to be crazy money for Cousins

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I wouldn't say rebuild mode.

Lewis is really the only mainstay on offense I can see leaving. And he's been an injury liability. Bennett was on the team for like 2 weeks. They probably just want to get a 2nd TE as Gronk insurance since Allen isn't working out. The offense itself will stay relatively intact. They are getting getting Edelman back which is huge. Cooks/Amendola/Edelman/Hogan/White/Burkhead/Gronk is as strong an offensive core as you will have in the league.

Defense is the issue. Butler's gone unless a miracle happens. Now they will get Hightower back who is there best defensive player. That's big. If you can keep the LB corp with a healthy Hightower, that dramatically improves that phase of defense. Rivers who was a major draft pick should help some on the defensive line. They need more depth there.

But still defensively you have Brown continuing to improve, Rivers coming back, Hightower, adding another pass rusher in the draft. Maybe finding another CB and their defense should be workable.

They need the same work they needed going into the last season. It's not really a rebuild though. If it was they wouldn't be looking for a QB in the 4th round.
    Agree about them letting go of Lewis and keeping Burkhead. They'll keep Bolden around because he won't break the bank.

But you can bet they will have to pay up for guys like Solder, Waddle and Fleming. Those guys are going to get some tempting offers and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them walked. Hopefully, for Brady's sake, not Solder.

As for the draft, New England will do what it always does. Linemen, linemen, linemen, linemen. Maybe a QB again, but if so it won't be someone we've heard of probably.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

5 games not counting the Seahawks one where he got subbed for the last couple plays

but then they were 1-10 before that, and 5-0 after that(and was really playing fantastic), so I can imagine he impressed a lot of people

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    How many games has this guy even played?

Going to be crazy money for Cousins
    And somewhere, the agents for Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz are rubbing their hands and cackling fiendishly while imagining the huge paydays their clients will be in line for down the road.

Where is Foles gonna land? Personally, I'd trade Wentz for some uber picks.

And I hope Jimmy G lights up the league because I want to see people say his name all the time.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-08-2018 at 02:12 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Where is Foles gonna land? Personally, I'd trade Wentz for some uber picks.

And I hope Jimmy G lights up the league because I want to see people say his name all the time.
    I call him Jimmy Grabass. Easier on the tongue. Meanwhile, I’m of the opinion Foles will stick around, with Wentz recovering from both an ACL and MCL, I’ve heard he won’t be ready for action until August, so why not have Foles continue running the ship here in Philly until Wentz is fully ready.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In NFL News , the Chiefs have released CB Darrell Revis which isn't a shock since his play in the Tennessee game came under fire. The Chiefs already acquired a CB in the trade with Washington that they plan to start across from Marcus Peters anyhow.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Nick-Wright-Compares-Colin-Kaepernick-49ers-QB-Jimmy-Garoppolo-In-Their-Last-6-Games-Proving-Kae.jpg

Seems about right. By right I mean ultimately, it's good he used the NFL to elicit change in lives and thinking and actions, rather what we are accustom to seeing.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-like-jimmy-g/

Brady is going to sit out of OTA's unless he gets paid like Jimmy Grope a pillow. Now some will have you believe this story is false, but I disagree and that should be good enough for anyone to believe this whole-heartedly.
    Last edited by Jackmando7; 02-09-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Brady is going to sit out of OTA's unless he gets paid like Jimmy G. Now some will have you believe this story is false, but I disagree and that should be good enough for anyone to believe this whole-heartedly.
    Before the weekend's over, hell, maybe before it even starts, either Brady, Belichick, the Pats or all three will issue a press release saying the story is fake news.

5 games not counting the Seahawks one where he got subbed for the last couple plays

but then they were 1-10 before that, and 5-0 after that(and was really playing fantastic), so I can imagine he impressed a lot of people
    "Nothing to see here."
    -Brock Osweiller

=P

Fantastic Member

Brady is going to sit out of OTA's unless he gets paid like Jimmy Grope a pillow. Now some will have you believe this story is false, but I disagree and that should be good enough for anyone to believe this whole-heartedly.
    In case people missed it this story is actually a hoax. The writer, Ron Borges, was catfished by a person he believed to be Don Yee whoever that is. Not certain but I think the Herald is considering firing Borges a regular critic of the Patriots.

The trade rumors of Foles has an aspect I wasn't aware of, Foles is 29. Not necessarily a long shelf life for Foles if he doesn't have an immediate impact for a new team if he gets traded. So I would think a team that only needs a QB and has a decent team already would trade for Foles.

As a Patriots fan, I have little to no excitement about who the Patriots draft as they don't seem to have all that much success drafting. But again, I think they are excellent at pick up free agents that work well in the Patriots system. Wouldn't mind seeing a playmaker though on the defensive line but the Patriots aren't big into dumping huge amounts of money into a single guy.