Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In NFL News , Adrian Peterson has claimed he's finally healthy after 2 seasons of handling issues with a return from ACL surgery and a bad neck. He claims doctors have cleared his neck to return and he's been posting work out videos to show teams he can still play at 33. Thus far he claims he's had discussions with teams about playing in 2018 . But teams are wary given that he's 33 years old and has over 14,000+ career yards on his body.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In NFL News , Adrian Peterson has claimed he's finally healthy after 2 seasons of handling issues with a return from ACL surgery and a bad neck. He claims doctors have cleared his neck to return and he's been posting work out videos to show teams he can still play at 33. Thus far he claims he's had discussions with teams about playing in 2018 . But teams are wary given that he's 33 years old and has over 14,000+ career yards on his body.
    Agreed. I'd be surprised if AP is offered more than the league minimum....provided anyone offers him a contract at all.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

This is the 2006 draft and its shocking what the 10 draft picks did.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

In watching a clip of Vince Young , he was on Undisputed with Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless. Young himself comes across as a solid young guy who in the interview admitted he was young and often immature then. That he even wrote Jeff Fisher a letter apologizing for how things went in Tennessee years ago and that he was immature then. But he's never heard back from him.

But one thing he really reveals is how silly Jeff Fisher became. In one comical instance Young was home during a Monday or Thursday night game with friends watching Brett Farve play. Young joked he was eating chicken wings and having a good time that evening. Anyhow he didn't have his phone charged and forgot. So after the game he quickly charged it some and saw voice mails from Fisher.

Vince Young had joked about taking losses hard and that somehow in Jeff Fisher's mind he thought that it meant Young was gonna attempt suicide. I mean how he leapt to that is insane. But he tells Young to come to the facility right now. Vince drove over and he's stunned as there is 8 police cars and suddenly its hitting the news that Vince Young may have talked about suicide.

Young wasn't happy and still isn't about this as he brings up his "brand" that he's a fun loving , happy , goofy guy who carries himself well on and off the field. That is his brand and now this hits. So he has to try and player even harder to repair his brand to folks. Shannon Sharpe questioned why Fisher did this and if he sit down with him to say he shouldn't have went to media. Young admits he did sit down and told Jeff Fisher that he went about this all wrong.

In the end , Jeff Fisher ruined the career of Vince Young and he just couldn't relate to someone half his age being QB. This is the same guy who nearly ruined Jeff Goff and ran Nick Foles outta town within a season.

In watching a clip of Vince Young , he was on Undisputed with Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless. Young himself comes across as a solid young guy who in the interview admitted he was young and often immature then. That he even wrote Jeff Fisher a letter apologizing for how things went in Tennessee years ago and that he was immature then. But he's never heard back from him.

But one thing he really reveals is how silly Jeff Fisher became. In one comical instance Young was home during a Monday or Thursday night game with friends watching Brett Farve play. Young joked he was eating chicken wings and having a good time that evening. Anyhow he didn't have his phone charged and forgot. So after the game he quickly charged it some and saw voice mails from Fisher.

Vince Young had joked about taking losses hard and that somehow in Jeff Fisher's mind he thought that it meant Young was gonna attempt suicide. I mean how he leapt to that is insane. But he tells Young to come to the facility right now. Vince drove over and he's stunned as there is 8 police cars and suddenly its hitting the news that Vince Young may have talked about suicide.

Young wasn't happy and still isn't about this as he brings up his "brand" that he's a fun loving , happy , goofy guy who carries himself well on and off the field. That is his brand and now this hits. So he has to try and player even harder to repair his brand to folks. Shannon Sharpe questioned why Fisher did this and if he sit down with him to say he shouldn't have went to media. Young admits he did sit down and told Jeff Fisher that he went about this all wrong.

In the end , Jeff Fisher ruined the career of Vince Young and he just couldn't relate to someone half his age being QB. This is the same guy who nearly ruined Jeff Goff and ran Nick Foles outta town within a season.
    It's no coincidence Foles rejuvenated his career back where he started in Philly with Doug Pederson and wound up MVP of Super Bowl 52 while Goff has emerged as a budding superstar under Sean McVay, himself a rising young head coach with nothing but promise. As for Fisher, how he lasted in the coaching ranks as he did with no better (and maybe a little less) than a career .500 record is a mystery to me. I doubt the league misses him on the sidelines.

This is the 2006 draft and its shocking what the 10 draft picks did.

Leinart. Jesus. Arizona only drafts a QB once a decade and they took a guy whose college career was mostly check-downs to Lendale White and Reggie Bush, who did all the work for him. He was lazy and aloof in Arizona, was under center for Dennis Green's famous "THE BEARS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!" rant where he blew a 3 score lead in the final 20 minutes on MNF, and eventually got benched for Kurt Warner. Once Warner retired, the entitled s*** thought the starting job was his, and when it started to become evident he wasn't talented enough to actually have a starting spot in the NFL during training champ, snuck behind a tree at a practice to give an interview to the media where he trash-talked coach Ken Whisenhunt for not just giving him the job.

The fact that he's even given a spot on a college football halftime show because of the Heisman he was awarded on his skill players' merits where he offers no real insight is even more aggravating.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I found this on Youtube yesterday. It's an interesting watch.

7 wide receivers were picked in the first round of the 2004 NFL draft. Larry Fitzgerald, 6 guys no one remembers, and Wes Welker who went undrafted that year. The only one with better numbers than Wes is Fitzgerald.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I found this on Youtube yesterday. It's an interesting watch.

7 wide receivers were picked in the first round of the 2004 NFL draft. Larry Fitzgerald, 6 guys no one remembers, and Wes Welker who went undrafted that year. The only one with better numbers than Wes is Fitzgerald.
    Welker was also cut by his 1st team too.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Over the long term, people now have more respect for Vince Young than for Jeff Fisher, I think. Vince lost the battle but won the war.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The organization that knew of the Hernandez tape before the police ... the team that knew where to tape because they saw the Jets, Eagles, Packers, & Seahawks do the same thing ... the coach that knew that 2 players had pending arrests BEFORE they showed to practice and were arrested ... didn't know about this? Which made rounds before?

I am not a Pats hater. Quite the contrary, I quite enjoy watching them break everyone's hearts but ... I call BS on that. Darth Hoodie knew.
    Of course he knew! Belichick knows EVERYTHING when it comes to the Patriots and the people in the organization. Hell, if pressed, Belichick could tell you what restaurant the team's assistant equipment manager dined in ten years ago, what he ate, the vintage of wine he had with his meal and even how much he tipped the waiter. Just like JoePa with Jerry Sandusky, to say the Hoodie didn't know about the allegations against Matt Patricia is not just bogus, it's an insult to what little intelligence I have.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Of course he knew! Belichick knows EVERYTHING when it comes to the Patriots and the people in the organization. Hell, if pressed, Belichick could tell you what restaurant the team's assistant equipment manager dined in ten years ago, what he ate, the vintage of wine he had with his meal and even how much he tipped the waiter. Just like JoePa with Jerry Sandusky, to say the Hoodie didn't know about the allegations against Matt Patricia is not just bogus, it's an insult to what little intelligence I have.
    That's a lot of hyperbole for one post.

Remember that the incident was 8 years before he was hired by NE, and resulted in dropped charges. Even if it was noted, 8 year old dropped charges would not likely have been considered relevant. Now, if it had happened a year or two before being hired, or worse, while he was employed by the team I'd expect the Pat to have known. But not with what has been presented so far.

That's a lot of hyperbole for one post.
    Of course it's hyperbole! It's Darth Hoodie! THE most insidious fiend ever to stalk an NFL sideline, bar none! He's the Dark Side made into flesh and blood!

Remember that the incident was 8 years before he was hired by NE, and resulted in dropped charges. Even if it was noted, 8 year old dropped charges would not likely have been considered relevant. Now, if it had happened a year or two before being hired, or worse, while he was employed by the team I'd expect the Pat to have known. But not with what has been presented so far.
    You mean to tell me Belichick wouldn't have had information on people he brought in as assistants, I mean, beyond coaching qualifications? I doubt that would've been the case. Can you imagine the Hoodie hiring some guy cold off the street, only to find out later via a beat writer that he axe murdered an old girlfriend years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You mean to tell me Belichick wouldn't have had information on people he brought in as assistants, I mean, beyond coaching qualifications? I doubt that would've been the case. Can you imagine the Hoodie hiring some guy cold off the street, only to find out later via a beat writer that he axe murdered an old girlfriend years ago?
    I'd expect him to some due diligence - but being charged with something 8 years before is quite possible to have not been considered relevant or maybe even found. Draft prospects get burned by this stuff because it's normally pretty recent. Plus the guy started out at the bottom of the coaching ladder - I don't expect the same level of scrutiny for that type of hire that I would for a coordinator or potential starting player.

Sure the guy is a head coach (for) NOW, but when he got hired into the NFL he started out as an assistant to an assistant. Once he got his foot in the door he was able to work his way up, but most likely didn't get any additional scrutiny because he was already part of the organization.

According to the Colts they feel Andrew Luck will be ready for the 2018 season and be taking part in training camp. They say its still a road ahead but Luck is now throwing a weighted ball as he comes back from shoulder surgery.

Fantastic Member

According to the Colts they feel Andrew Luck will be ready for the 2018 season and be taking part in training camp. They say its still a road ahead but Luck is now throwing a weighted ball as he comes back from shoulder surgery.
    So happy I'm not a Colts fan right now. Everything hinges on Luck and there seems to be zero back up plans for that franchise. We'll see if Luck can perform at a high level this coming season but I've seen nothing to indicate that.