Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Everyone needs to start calling these sentiments what they are instead of what they feel it should be. Patriotism IS NOT NATIONALISM. Nationalists are goose-steppers. Nationalists marched with rifles in the street in Charlottesville. A Nationalist bonehead killed that girl by running his car into the crowd. Can anyone even FATHOM a parade of several dozen armed brothas marching and chanting through an American city with Tiki torches? That's because it would have turned into a firing squad. Every other day feels like another instance of overstepping police authority and excessive force is happening here in this country (the ones you hear about) and this is the climate these owners make this decision to? To ostracize and stamp out one of the few sound boards minorities have the nations ear of. Does the NFLPA have **** to say? They're talking about monetary penalties after all.

Shaun King
    (@ShaunKing)

Have you ever seen a white professional athlete tasered by police over a parking spot? Or even surrounded by them? That Sterling Brown of the Milwaukee @Bucks was surrounded, tasered, and assaulted by police here isn't just wrong, it's criminal. They should've been fired. pic.twitter.com/V7DCIIe…
    I've felt soured on the league ever since the Lockout, then it was the PBS documentary and book League of Denial and the NFL's unwavering fight on the mere acknowledgement of CTE. I've been an NFL nut going on three decades now but I've never had so many inclination to drop this narcotic over the past few years as I have now. I have LOVED talking pro football over the years but... It's never a bad thing to know where people stand though. Goes for the players too, I don't expect for every player to immediately push back but thanks to the Dolt 45, this has all been right in the forefront and even those adjacent to 'one of these sonsofbitches' could see that coming. Might be a bit heavy handed but essentially Dak Prescott pretty much said "yessur Boss, ready to stand!"

“I can’t speak for all these Cowboys players but I’m not sure,” Prescott said. “ I’m pretty sure we all kind of know what Jerry said, what his statement was last year and I don’t see that changing, so who knows? We’ll figure that out when it gets to that time.”

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/...#storylink=cpy
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    The Browns learned a lesson from the Ravens and the way Flacco came back down to earth after his Superbowl run.
    The only difference is , Cleveland has never won a Super Bowl and neither has Tyrod Taylor. No one really knows how Foles would do with a supportive organization and offense beyond what we saw last year.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

In NFL News

- Andy Reid was asked about Patrick Mahomes learning and struggling in OTA's as he works through things. Reid claims that Mahomes is getting tossed everything to get him up to speed in a way. To get him ready for the season. That its about developing around Mahomes and working through things he's good at and what needs to be worked on.

- Also Jon Gruden bragged up how the Raiders stole Derrick Johnson at LB from KC. (Never mind KC is moving on to younger defensive players to build around).

Honestly the Raiders should win the division this year as KC starts a rookie QB essentially and goes through remaking a younger defense.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In NFL News

Honestly the Raiders should win the division this year as KC starts a rookie QB essentially and goes through remaking a younger defense.
    But wait, don't discount that perennial dark The San Diego Chargers! They're everyone's favorite dark horse come play-off time.

Hah, just B.S.ing you. But it does seem every season we hear about how dangerous the Chargers can be but they always barely make the play-offs it that and then get bounced quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    But wait, don't discount that perennial dark The San Diego Chargers! They're everyone's favorite dark horse come play-off time.

Hah, just B.S.ing you. But it does seem every season we hear about how dangerous the Chargers can be but they always barely make the play-offs it that and then get bounced quickly.
    Many of those years the Chargers lose because they were stupid or undisciplined. A better coach who has the support of ownership would go a long ways for the team.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Avril: Seahawks began to question Carroll after SB XLIX

Now that Seattle's celebrated Legion of Boom defense has started to crumble, it's natural to wonder if the dynasty window has closed with just one Lombardi Trophy in the Pete Carroll era.

If not for Malcolm Butler's history-altering interception that swung Super Bowl XLIX in New England's direction, in fact, recently released defensive end Cliff Avril believes his ring finger wouldn't be so lonesome.

"You think about what could have happened," Avril said Thursday on the Dave Dameshek Football Program. "If we win that Super Bowl, I think we probably would have won another one within the two years that went by."
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

In NFL News

- Andy Reid was asked about Patrick Mahomes learning and struggling in OTA's as he works through things. Reid claims that Mahomes is getting tossed everything to get him up to speed in a way. To get him ready for the season. That its about developing around Mahomes and working through things he's good at and what needs to be worked on.

- Also Jon Gruden bragged up how the Raiders stole Derrick Johnson at LB from KC. (Never mind KC is moving on to younger defensive players to build around).

Lol "news". Damn the offseason.

Fantastic Member

"You think about what could have happened," Avril said Thursday on the Dave Dameshek Football Program. "If we win that Super Bowl, I think we probably would have won another one within the two years that went by."

Winning a Super Bowl is so hard. I get the feeling that so many players think their team will be a repeat winner once they win that first and it just doesn't happen. So few teams win more than one with roughly the same cast. The Seahawks lost their second appearance and then they didn't make it again yet Avril throws the coach under the bus. It's takes the bulk of the responsibility of Avril himself and his teammates. As good as Seattle was they just couldn't get it done more than once. Maybe they weren't the monster team they thought they.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Seattle's players look like losers for this by the way. Also by every metric it was the right the call.

1. Lynch sucked in short yardage situations
    2. Passes that year at the 1 hadn't been intercepted all year and were low percentage risks
    3. The Patriots defense on the field was far more favorable to a pass play
    4. The clock and down situation meant that you would only be able to run twice, but if you passed once you would get an extra play out of it. So not only were you not limiting Lynch's ability to run the ball whatsoever, you were actively increasing your chances to score by 50%.
    5. If Russell Wilson throws that pass better, Butler wouldn't have been able to intercept it and it would have just fallen incomplete.
    6. That was a successful play for Seattle all year.

This is what had to happen for it not to work.

1. Wilson needed to throw the ball poorly and in a position for it to be intercepted.
    2. Butler needed to screw up practicing against that in practice (something most teams wouldn't have even prepared for, except for Belichick)
    3. Browner being a former Seahawk needed to clue Butler in on that formation.
    4. Oh and the kicker, Butler wouldn't have even been in that game if Matthews didn't come out of nowhere and abuse Kyle Arrington all game long, so you needed that whole sequence to even get the guy who was most likely to jump the route.

More than anything else, it was lightning striking multiple times causing the interception. 99.9% of the time that's either a completion for a TD or an incompletion.

Also nobody on that defense should say **** about that Super Bowl. They had a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter and let Brady eviscerate them. On the final go ahead drive, the LOB couldn't even get Brady in a third down situation.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post

Winning a Super Bowl is so hard. I get the feeling that so many players think their team will be a repeat winner once they win that first and it just doesn't happen. So few teams win more than one with roughly the same cast. The Seahawks lost their second appearance and then they didn't make it again yet Avril throws the coach under the bus. It's takes the bulk of the responsibility of Avril himself and his teammates. As good as Seattle was they just couldn't get it done more than once. Maybe they weren't the monster team they thought they.
    The big thing is teams win Super Bowls. Usually you see teams win them in chunks.

-Packers in the 60's won a bunch in a short period of time.
    -Steelers in the 70's won 4 over 6 years.
    -The 70's Dolphins went to three in a row with roughly the same cast and won 2.
    -The Niner's won 4 from 82-89 (so 4 in an 8 year period) and then it took another 6 years to win another with a largely different team.
    -The 90's Cowboys won 3 in 4 years.
    -The 2000 Patriots won 3 in 4 years and then didn't win for 9 and then won 2 more (appearing in 3 from 2014-2017) with largely the same cast of teammates.

You generally do need the same core group of guys to win multiple Super Bowls and the window shuts. To do it again you really need to rebuild right away. They aren't long windows. To this day only Brady,, Staubach, and Manning have the biggest gaps between one Super Bowl win and the next

-Brady from 2004-2014 (9 seasons in between)
    -Manning from 2006-2015 (8 season in between)
    -Staubach from 71-77 (5 seasons in between)

Staubach did that despite being pre free agency. Brady needed a new core guys to start up his second run. Manning took a different team and really needed to be carried and wasn't the primary factor.

One situation will never happen again (Staubach), one wasn't really on the QB (Manning), and the other was a rare situation where the QB was still a major player and they were able to build another Super Bowl level cast around him before he retired (Brady).

So when people say oh Rodgers will go get another, or Wilson will get another shot, or Brees could get there again, it's actually very unlikely that they do.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Lol "news". Damn the offseason.
    June 1st should see more news hit as those cuts come in. Then later in summer as notable preseason cuts come in.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Seattle's players look like losers for this by the way. Also by every metric it was the right the call.

1. Lynch sucked in short yardage situations
    2. Passes that year at the 1 hadn't been intercepted all year and were low percentage risks
    3. The Patriots defense on the field was far more favorable to a pass play
    4. The clock and down situation meant that you would only be able to run twice, but if you passed once you would get an extra play out of it. So not only were you not limiting Lynch's ability to run the ball whatsoever, you were actively increasing your chances to score by 50%.
    5. If Russell Wilson throws that pass better, Butler wouldn't have been able to intercept it and it would have just fallen incomplete.
    6. That was a successful play for Seattle all year.

This is what had to happen for it not to work.

1. Wilson needed to throw the ball poorly and in a position for it to be intercepted.
    2. Butler needed to screw up practicing against that in practice (something most teams wouldn't have even prepared for, except for Belichick)
    3. Browner being a former Seahawk needed to clue Butler in on that formation.
    4. Oh and the kicker, Butler wouldn't have even been in that game if Matthews didn't come out of nowhere and abuse Kyle Arrington all game long, so you needed that whole sequence to even get the guy who was most likely to jump the route.

More than anything else, it was lightning striking multiple times causing the interception. 99.9% of the time that's either a completion for a TD or an incompletion.

Also nobody on that defense should say **** about that Super Bowl. They had a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter and let Brady eviscerate them. On the final go ahead drive, the LOB couldn't even get Brady in a third down situation.
    Add in to point 3: The Patriots had 6 D-line players in for that play. It wasn't just a regular run stopping formation they were using, they had completely sold out to stop it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Add in to point 3: The Patriots had 6 D-line players in for that play. It wasn't just a regular run stopping formation they were using, they had completely sold out to stop it.
    Yeah. If you run Lynch the most likely scenario is that he gets stuffed on the right side. Patricia said the big weakness was that if you set Lynch out to receive a pass he would have been in a one on one with Hightower, which was a favorable matchup for Seattle. So actually not passing to Lynch was a bigger mistake than not running to him.

In NFL News

Case Keenum in Denver. And Chargers upgraded their run defense. KC will probably surprise everyone, as Andy Reid is wont to do. Honestly the Raiders have been overrated and Gruden was also overrated. I'm thinking Chargers win the division this year.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Case Keenum in Denver. And Chargers upgraded their run defense. KC will probably surprise everyone, as Andy Reid is wont to do. Honestly the Raiders have been overrated and Gruden was also overrated. I'm thinking Chargers win the division this year.
    Either the Chargers or Raiders will get the division is my thinking as well. Because the Chiefs cut Hali & Johnson. Plus traded away Peters. So they seem to be trying to go younger. Plus Mahomes is gonna have rookie bumps. He's gonna do some bone headed things this season. He's essentially a rookie QB back there. I'm sure if Smith's cap number wasn't so high (he was due $18 million) he would have started 1 more season to slowly groom Mahomes. But they had to let him go.